1/6 Speculation: Star Wars Episode IX Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The movie came out last December and the first figures were shown around July. How on earth did you not know they were making figures by this stage?!

For someone on a toy forum to not know such basic information is crazy.

Not sure how you thought that there would be no figures released. No one ever said that was actually the case.

Unless you were just being hyperbolic to complain about others being hyperbolic.

Which seems kind of self defeating.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Next he'll be telling us to swallow disinfectant.

Yep. What did Hasbro think was gonna happen when they flooded the shelves with Finns, Roses, and Huxes? If vintage Kenner pumped out wave after wave of nothing but Lando, Mon Mothma, and a random Imperial Officer then vintage SW toys would have tanked too. Notice that the entire run of TVC TROS figures are long gone from the toy aisles. Why? Because they were all cool looking figures that were immediately snatched up. If they started pumping wave after wave of aliens and cyborgs from Babu Frik's shop, other Final Order Troopers and Gunners, Palpatine, Ben Solo, Exegol Sovereign Protectors and all that then they'd sell like hotcakes too.

I'm not sure Lando = Finn and Mon Mothma = Rose though. Finn was close to an attempt at a co-lead in TFA whereas Lando showed up 2/3s of the way through ESB as a sort of frenemy. Rose was a major supporting character in TLJ, whereas Mon Mothma was a cameo who had one short speech in a briefing and was never seen again.

And Hux had way more screen time than say Veers, but I can guarantee you they sold more ATAT Commanders in 1981 than they did Hux in 2016.:lol Imperial Commanders were also not peg warmers in the day the way Hux generally was.

It always blows me away that Kenner produced the Imperial Dignitary - an old guy in goofy robes with no weapon or story function (other vintage figs are similar.) It just shows how intensely popular the OT - and product based on it - was.

And yeah, it's hard to evaulate something like TVC because it's used to hammer-forge crap into the OT world via highly nostalgic artwork and packaging format. I mean Snoke was a joke but even I kinda liked the TVC carded version of him. It's like magic - you look at these lame ST characters and imagine them as cool (and even iconic - TVC "canonizes" characters) OT characters disconnected from the ST.:lol

The stunningly low numbers of releases in all scales for TROS is pretty strange and concerning, and does reveal something about how the ST has gone.

I think he was being sarcastic.

Next he'll be telling us to swallow disinfectant.

At least Malgus is quite "pleasantly" to deal with, he didn't propagate those political craps like some of familiar ST lunatics who constantly feel the needs to express their political agendas in here, and most of the time got the whole thread shut down.

RTOS is getting 6 figures so of course it is getting support from Hot Toys.

However in the context of their previous efforts there is an undeniable drop off of effort and resources to the ST by them:

TFA - 21 figures
Rogue One - 14 figures
TLJ - 10 figures
Solo - 4 figures
The Mandalorian - 9 figures

Thanks for this.

Malgus is taking "zero support" for TROS literally. I'm sure whoever mentioned that meant it in a way of "very little support".

The other way to look at it is. How many EpIX figures were released pre the film, and how many after. Compare that with the Mandalorian to judge customer enthusiasm for the property after seeing it.

I think that would be a more telling story.

Thanks for this.

Malgus is taking "zero support" for TROS literally. I'm sure whoever mentioned that meant it in a way of "very little support".

The other way to look at it is. How many EpIX figures were released pre the film, and how many after. Compare that with the Mandalorian to judge customer enthusiasm for the property after seeing it.

I think that would be a more telling story.

That is all true but Malgus is not interested in facts or statistics to engage in a constructive conversation about the state of the ST merchandise. To him it is just an attack on the films themselves.

Beliefs, agendas, and preconceived notions over facts everytime with him.

Was there even a single figure from that TFA line that didn?t get clearanced/discounted/free shipping/extra RPs offered?

I don?t think any of those things happened with old Han and old Luke. I am actually not sure about Luke but pretty sure Han didn?t have any kind of discounts. Probably because they were released later and hot toys realize that they had over produced the earlier figures by a significant degree.

I enjoy ST (Yes, there are aspects that I'd wish to be different). And in fact, the most complete part of my collection is ST, only missing figure is Poe and Hux. But I must say that it's not because it's my favorite trilogy, but far more figures were released from ST (I missed previous Lukes and holding for a Bespin reissue).

Yikes....... they had tons of stuff for the first two films. I was wondering where the tros stuff was

I don?t think any of those things happened with old Han and old Luke. I am actually not sure about Luke but pretty sure Han didn?t have any kind of discounts. Probably because they were released later and hot toys realize that they had over produced the earlier figures by a significant degree.

I notcied the other day that the HT old Han/Chewy TFA two pack is still in stock at PC. How long have those figures been sitting there? 4 years?:dunno

But then again, if you have a thing for ST peg warmers, they have you covered (partial inventory as of ten minutes ago, and these prices are in Australian dollars)...

3sXuYUn.png

HT HAS to make some figures for the movie, they can't just not release something for a major SW movie.

So they release the main protagonist and main antagonist, and 3 troopers, 2 of which are just palette swaps of each other. The bare minimum.

Again. Its pretty pathetic to come to the thread of a movie to troll that no figure will be released for it then when you are proven wrong start endlessly trolling about every figure released for it. Why are pathetic individuals allowed to flood the new star wars movie thread so people who are interested in it have to wade through tons of worthlessness trolling posts? The moderators need to do their jobs and not wait until crap breaks out before acting.

I notcied the other day that the HT old Han/Chewy TFA two pack is still in stock at PC. How long have those figures been sitting there? 4 years?

Wow, thanks! I actually wanted to get old Han!

Again. Its pretty pathetic to come to the thread of a movie to troll that no figure will be released for it then when you are proven wrong start endlessly trolling about every figure released for it. Why are pathetic individuals allowed to flood the new star wars movie thread so people who are interested in it have to wade through tons of worthlessness trolling posts? The moderators need to do their jobs and not wait until crap breaks out before acting.

:exactly:

I like how Malgus and Hen88 "happened" to join within a couple of months of each other in 2013.

You two must have the same star sign, because you're most probably the same person...

I like how Malgus and Hen88 "happened" to join within a couple of months of each other in 2013.

You two must have the same star sign, because you're most probably the same person...

:lol Your conspiracy theories are quite entertaining.

Anyone think they’ll make that flashback Jedi trainee Leia?

If not, I’m not half tempted to buy TROS Rey, swap a Leia sculpt on it, and call it my head cannon old EU Jedi Leia.

It is a valid on-topic conversation for this thread though - how shockingly few figure releases came from TROS and what it indicates about the response to the ST as a whole. As we discussed on page 87, both Hasbro and HT only made between 4 and 6 figures in each size category for TROS (1/6, 6" and 3 3/4").

That's just stunning and unprecedented for a mainline trilogy SW movie.

Just save this combo of postings and have it ready to go next time it happens...

Ah yes, more pointless bashing. Can't have a decent conversation about the ST anymore. I'm out.

:lol

Back