Speculation - MAD MAX/ROAD WARRIOR Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It makes perfect sense to me. It's HOT in most parts of Australia; water is essential for survival. Even if the water systems have long been de-pressurized and out of service, there might be just a few cups of water inside every hydrant, ~IF~ you can open them. You might need to insert a rubber hose and suck the water out, but there would inevitably be some water down there. A man who carries a hydrant wrench would have a huge survival advantage. The average city has hundreds of fire hydrants. Even after a nuclear war, the hydrants and underground pipes would still be in place- even if the whole city is gone.

I'm not saying it's a useless tool, and you illustrated some possible reasons why it may make good sense to have one. But why would you carry this on your person at all times instead of leaving it in your vehicle (like the gas cans, food, etc) in favor of something more practical that you may need at a moment's notice? It also may be too literal to think of using it for it's intended purpose, but the hydrant wrench doesn't look like something that would be a really good club or pry bar. My best guess is that it's a common enough large hex size to be useful, and has a wider span than the crescent wrench can adjust to.

Yeah in a post apocalyptic world, clean water is probably more precious then gasoline. You can last just days without water, especially in a desert.

Totally agree and Fury Road definitely supports that. That's why it is odd that Max carries a hydrant wrench with him and not a canteen. If you keep all your water in your vehicle and get separated from it in the wasteland, you're probably screwed. The only thing I can think of is that there must be a greater risk for carrying water and having people try to kill you for it than the risk of being separated from it.

I think once the wrench is in it's pouch, Max wouldn't even think about it; out of sight, out of mind- until he needs to use it. It probably only weighs a half-pound. Water, on the other hand, weighs 1 full pound per pint. Carrying any substantial ammount of water on your person burns energy. I don't think Max would ever wander far from his car and leave the water, food, fuel, etc. unguarded. Why would he? Therefore, carrying a canteen wouldn't be necessary.

Last edited:
I think once the wrench is in it's pouch, Max wouldn't even think about it; out of sight, out of mind- until he needs to use it. It probably only weighs a half-pound. Water, on the other hand, weighs 1 full pound per pint. Carrying any substantial ammount of water on your person burns energy. I don't think Max would ever wander far from his car and leave the water, food, fuel, etc. unguarded. Why would he? Therefore, carrying a canteen wouldn't be necessary.

but wouldn't you think carrying at least a canteen would be a good idea?

i mean i carry a water bottle around when i'm out even though you can find water everywhere.

a can of watter is probably more important than whatever he's carrying (like that binoculars).

You asked for a screenshot. I gave you one of the best frames in the film that shows the belt pouches. Then you asked again if the pouches appear in the film, (as if I didn't just confirm it for you) and you complain about a tiny, blurry nude... If you think a screenshot is 'bad taste', how did you react to seeing the whole film? (did you ever?) Are you a puritan?... It's an R-rated, extremely violent movie. Your comment is very odd.

no i asked if the back view was shown often in the movie because i couldn't find any screenshot until you posted. and just wondering he only started carrying it in Mad Max 2? did he have it in 1 & 3?

the comment of the photo on the gyro is just a joke reference to the bad taste of the owner.

This 1/6 scale belt is highly accurate, except for three minor details:

1) The gun holster should have a curved sewing line. I'll upload a pic (bottom) of a life-sized holster reproduction that has this line.

2) There should be a thin metal clip riveted onto the main belt, just above and at the left of the binoculars in the 1/6 photo. The clip holds the loose end of the belt in place after it's passed through the leather cuff loop. I added it digitally to the photo.

3) The rivets that run down the rear of the holster include one smaller, oddly spaced rivet- as shown in the life-sized holster pic.

(There are some other minor issues with the cut-out shape of the section of the holster that rises to the beltline, and the placement of the gun handle snap- but these will be corrected when I make my own.)

Screenshot (46).jpg
the_road_warrior6.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot (46).jpg
    Screenshot (46).jpg
    373.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
I think that was from the Iminime set. From what Ive heard the Iminime Max was a good fig ruined by a bad likeness with the sculpts and an oversized body which made Max look more like the Terminator.

couldn't manage to take a clear snapshot of his belt or holster from the movies. did he changed holster from 1-3?

I tried making the fire hydrant wrench from scratch. I painted it, but I think the colour is wrong, it should be like a gunmetal colour, I'm not sure as I'm colour blind and not good with distinguishing colours.

Wp4Q1Kg.jpg

VAjaHLa.jpg

I got my head from Russia, boots from Mr.E, Phican M31 seamless body, soon my Iris clothing set, then in October my FullMetalCustoms accessory set from Jon De Guzman. The things I need to make myself are:
1) Leather belt pouches
2) Shoulder pad and guard
In the next couple months I'm going to sculpt a custom RW shoulder guard, make a silicone mold, and cast it in black resin. I see several people are using the 1/6 guard from Fury Road, (I bought one myself) but it's really quite different from the RW version- and the FR version is becoming very hard to find now anyway.
If there's enough interest for my custom RW version, pm me and I might sell them.
il_fullxfull.1025886782_n3dz.jpg
(this is not my work- it's a 1:1 scale replica)

Last edited:
I got my head from Russia, boots from Mr.E, Phican M31 seamless body, soon my Iris clothing set, then in October my FullMetalCustoms accessory set from Jon De Guzman. The things I need to make myself are:
1) Leather belt pouches
2) Shoulder pad and guard
In the next couple months I'm going to sculpt a custom RW shoulder guard, make a silicone mold, and cast it in black resin. I see several people are using the guard from Fury Road, (I bought one myself) but it's really quite different than the RW version- and they're becoming very hard to find now.
If there's enough interest, pm me and I might sell them.
View attachment 452400
(this is not my work- it's a 1:1 scale replica)

Cool, sounds like you Max is going to look amazing. Did you get your head painted?

Yeah the Fury Road shoulder pad is what I am using, its ok but like you said not entirely accurate to how it looked in The Road Warrior.
Your custom shoulder pad looks great already.

Back