Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm gonna pass on the entire line but if I had to pick some figures from Rogue One, it'd be K2 and Chirrut, no hesitation. I suspect those 2 characters will be the fan faves.

They'd have to make Tarkin now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Is this character prominent enough in the movie to warrant a figure?

No, just a brief moment but I still think we may see him with his buddy... double dip for ANH and RO

If they are doing three Gronks for Sith's sake, lets get some of the characters that actually interacted with the heroes

Not by HT. They seem to mostly steer away from aliens. It's possible from Sideshow (since they already have the pilot jacket)... but then you have the potential quality issues and near $300 price tag for a bit player.

Not by HT. They seem to mostly steer away from aliens. It's possible from Sideshow (since they already have the pilot jacket)... but then you have the potential quality issues and near $300 price tag for a bit player.

... and the potential accuracy issues. They just can't seem to nail many characters.

I went ahead and made a Walrusman and Ree Yees because of these issues. I want it accurate and for no more than $200, and SSC consistently can't deliver on either account. I even bought the SSC Biker Scout - decent enough figure, but resold it because it was SO inaccurate.

No, just a brief moment but I still think we may see him with his buddy... double dip for ANH and RO

If they are doing three Gronks for Sith's sake, lets get some of the characters that actually interacted with the heroes

I'll believe it when I see Hot Toys put even one GONK up for order.

He's not but they're making that astromech that's barely in the film and are re-releasing a Tie Pilot so why not release something fans have wanted? Probably a long shot as it would be something all new whereas the two figures I mentioned are re-releases but it would be cool. Though like you mention with the spotty quality of Sideshow figures and how much they'd likely ask for it maybe it's not worth it.

He's not but they're making that astromech that's barely in the film and are re-releasing a Tie Pilot so why not release something fans have wanted? Probably a long shot as it would be something all new whereas the two figures I mentioned are re-releases but it would be cool. Though like you mention with the spotty quality of Sideshow figures and how much they'd likely ask for it maybe it's not worth it.

You do realize they require photos and sign off to make figured right? They would have never been able to plan for Tarkin because they would have never been told he was in it. This happens all the time.

Third act clearly got A LOT of editing.
Spoiler Spoiler:
Still in for quite a few figures myself.

A lot of the stuff like the Tie facing Jyn was never even in the edit. It was test footage.

A lot of the stuff like the Tie facing Jyn was never even in the edit. It was test footage.

Test footage featured in a trailer? Though i guess that could happen with current movies being tweaked mere days before release, knowing there was a lot of reshoot for the third act, i'm more inclined to believe they edited the Tie out as it didn't fit with the new direction the scenario was taking.

You do realize they require photos and sign off to make figured right? They would have never been able to plan for Tarkin because they would have never been told he was in it. This happens all the time.
Where did I say anything about Tarkin? The post I quoted mentioned Tarkin but the part I was responding to was below that. Also I don't mean that the character in question I'm talking about has to be made right away just that now that it's known he's in the film it would be a smart time for Sideshow to attempt a shot at him. I could see it selling decently if it was a limited run figure as it's one that's been requested for a while.

Also it was known for quite a while that Tarkin was going to be in the film.

You mean... licensees like Hasbro and HT are not told who's in the film they have paid a license fee to do characters from? Really?

I'm not normally big on collecting Imperial figures besides Vader, but Tarkin is one I'd definitely be very tempted to get if they made him. Since the actor was so damn memorable in the role.

Otherwise, I think I'm just sticking with Vader and Jyn for now. Much as I liked the K-2SO and Chirrut characters in the movie, I'm still not sold enough on their character designs to spend the money for them. At least after a first viewing.

A lot of movie pop culture related magazines wrote months ago about Peter Cushing's return into SW. It was no secret.

Just off the cuff, I'm guessing that the TIE that was rising up before Jyn on the gantry which got cut might have:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back