Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed. While it wasn't evident in the scene, I hope Ren has a nastly scar in the next outing and goes completely dark. Redemption comes a bit easy for the Skywalkers. Anakin/Vader probably directly killed thousands (including younglings), and was an accessory to genocide of millions with the destruction of Alderan. But because the tosses the emperor down the chute, he gets to go through eternity as a young force ghost. Ren has already killed at least a few people directly, including patricide, and was an accessory to the murder of billions with the starkiller base's destruction of the new republic worlds.

Wut? :lol

Random question- when is the next "big reveal" from Hot Toys? Toy Fair? Im itching for more Star Wars that are not trooper variants

Kylo is the canonized version of Jacen Solo and I would not be surprised if his end is very similar. Evil right up until a split second before death when he does something selfless. However unlike Jacen, Kylo will receive full redemption and become one with the Force. This is a family saga after all.

..and "they" didn't kill Han Solo. Harrison Ford killed Han Solo. Plain and simple. After nearly 40 years of begging for death he pulled is own plug.

It was Abrams and Disneys decision to kill off Han Solo at the end of the day. They didn't have to kill him off!

Han Solo even survived the original TFA script that Micheal Arndt had written so it wasn't always the plan to kill Han Solo off....

International Tokyo Toy Fair is in June, but it's just a rehash of previously released figures. The big reveals are SDCC and Toy Soul, although they didn't attend Toy Soul last month. I'm still bitter over it.

Kylo is the canonized version of Jacen Solo and I would not be surprised if his end is very similar. Evil right up until a split second before death when he does something selfless. However unlike Jacen, Kylo will receive full redemption and become one with the Force. This is a family saga after all.

I never read the Solo twins books, but I'm a little familiar with some of it through Wookipedia. it will be interesting to see how these sequels match up in terms of familial dynamics and dramatics, which will in part be determined by Rey's parentage and whether or not Luke had a wife or lover. There were a lot of slaughtered bodies around the Knight of Ren. One of those could have easily been Luke's force sensitive wife or consort (provided he wasn't into the whole no attachments Jedi monk thing). That would even further compound his agony. For that matter they could have had a child or twins (maybe one twin was killed by KoR and the other was sent into hiding). If Rey is his daughter she could have been hidden for her own safety, but somehow mind wiped or conditioned to suppress her memories and training. Looking forward to this backstory in the next movie.

While Vader didn't order the Death Star attack on Alderan, he stood by and allowed it to happen. So in legal terms that would make him an "accessory during the fact" and a galactic war criminal.

International Tokyo Toy Fair is in June, but it's just a rehash of previously released figures. The big reveals are SDCC and Toy Soul, although they didn't attend Toy Soul last month. I'm still bitter over it.

I think by summer EpVIII is going to be spinning up since the first trailer is expected sometime in March. So anything OT or RO related will likely be announced beforehand. I'm hoping we get announcements for Cassian, Krennic, Tarkin, Lando, Hoth Leia, Emperor and Royal guard before they move on.

Last edited:
I agree and that was my point. Nothing new and exciting in a very long time from a company that usually previewed a new figure every week.

If they've become too top heavy with orders-to-come -- which may be why so many things are getting pushed back -- then perhaps this will be a long dry spell while they catch up.

Same thing happened to Sideshow long ago -- and it really changed the momentum. Sideshow came back with higher prices and far fewer Star Wars offerings after that time (no more new fig every month). New business plan went into effect.

Haven't any of these companies heard of expansion ? I mean a Star Wars is here to stay for the next year's at a minimum. Step up and add some more people to keep it all going like it was. Sure more people increase overheads but with many new characters also comes more income. I'm sure it's a balancing act but I hope quality and number of figures doesn't suffer like with SS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats the real trick. How many people can you get that satisfy the high quality standards of HotToys? We don't want non-prototype headsculpts to start looking worse so they can come out sooner.

Sent from my SM-T531 using Tapatalk

It was Abrams and Disneys decision to kill off Han Solo at the end of the day. They didn't have to kill him off!

Han Solo even survived the original TFA script that Micheal Arndt had written so it wasn't always the plan to kill Han Solo off....

Killing Han could have been a deciding factor in wether he'd return to Star Wars for Ford.

Yeah, I figured the only reason Ford came back was because they finally agreed to kill him off!
He felt it gave "gravitas" to the film. And you know, it did up the stakes for TFA. If so many people complain about it, imagine if it had had a rosy happy ending.

Ford's instincts were right.

He felt it gave "gravitas" to the film. And you know, it did up the stakes for TFA. If so many people complain about it, imagine if it had had a rosy happy ending.

Ford's instincts were right.

I'd rather the happy ending.

Killing Han Solo off was a terrible decision!

Its going to be weird as #$%$#% seeing Chewbacca in EP8 without Han Solo around.

We had the happy ending on Ep VI. Han lived a full life.

Good people die, too. That's why the audience responded positively to RO. Wars have casualties.

We had the happy ending on Ep VI. Han lived a full life.

Good people die, too. That's why the audience responded positively to RO. Wars have casualties.

Yeah but there was no emotional attachment to the Rogue One characters to care if they died or not. We barely knew them.

With Han Solo he has been around most of our lives so it hurts seeing him get killed off.

All Disney had to do was have him in it for EP8 and EP9 and if they ever did another trilogy they could do it where its meant to be 20 years into the future.

I felt some emotional attachment to everyone in Rogue One except for Baze. I actually thought killing Han was just bad writing. Hell, I think Kylo Ren is a terribly written character in general so when Han died, I was kinda just all like ah, well that just happened. Oh well. But I dunno, I wasn't a fan of Episode VII in general except for Poe.

The way Poe's character was handled didn't make total sense. Was supposed to die in the opening crash but they kept him around and just had him show back up rather than have a scene where he somehow gets off Jakku. Maybe they worried it would be too similar to watching Finn get off planet. It still felt strange since the trailers obviously made it known he'd be showing back up.

The way Poe's character was handled didn't make total sense. Was supposed to die in the opening crash but they kept him around and just had him show back up rather than have a scene where he somehow gets off Jakku. Maybe they worried it would be too similar to watching Finn get off planet. It still felt strange since the trailers obviously made it known he'd be showing back up.

But at least they added that cool dog fight scene.

Back