Speculation: Hot Toys Star Wars Rogue One Action Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poe has 2 more movies and he'll probably have more or less the same look. I HIGHLY doubt we'll ever see Cassian again. I mean it's not impossible but it's highly unlikely.

The movie has just been released, not sure why people are freaking out over a figure of Cassian not being shown yet. Of course Hot Toys are going to make Chirrut and Baze, it's an Asian company, they must feel pretty proud to get some Asian characters into the Star Wars universe.

Anyway, I loved the film and the whole Rogue One crew is a must. Krennic is also a must have addition to this line. I imagine we could even get Cassian and Jyn in disguise exclusives sometime this year as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah while I feel fairly confident we'll at least see Krennic and Cassian, I feel a lot less confident we'll get Bohdi Rook. which would be a shame, I liked him in the film, and he's essential to compete the R1 crew.

It's a new year now. HT might make Krennic, but he'll be treated with the same level of respect a SDCC EX gets. They're now in full CBM mode, always moving forward, rarely looking back.

Looks like Hoth Leia to me without the braids.
This would be the best way to go. I held out on ANH Leia for this version.

In regards to the absence of Poe or Cassian because they are Hispanic...
Ffs, not everything is a race war. I'm sure Howard is sitting in the board room and saying "No, no we can't make them because they're Hispanic. That will show the collecting community. Oh and don't forget that guy wearing lab goggles...we can't have him because he's Middle Eastern."

Poe will likely have a bigger role in episode 8 and as such it is better to market a figure when a character is more prominent. Plain and simple. Episode 7 focused on Rey and Finn.

Cassian, at least in my opinion, had little gravity as a character from previews. I didn't want a figure of him until I saw the movie. Everyone that's been announced carried much more "oomph" in the trailers alone.

The reason, whether it gets anyone's panties in a wad or not, that Chirrut and Baze are immediately hitting the market is because they are high profile Chinese actors. Hot Toys has a large Chinese market. They are going to take the opportunity to sell those characters. It's simple business - and hey, it just turns out they are actually pretty cool characters too.

It would be a shame if Cassian isn't produced. He's on my "WTF Hot Toys!?" list along with Lando, Tarkin and Poe.

While Hoth Leia would be great, I'd still like a Slave Leia which is arguably her second most popular look.

It would be a shame if Cassian isn't produced. He's on my "WTF Hot Toys!?" list along with Lando, Tarkin and Poe.

I think Cassian is coming...it would be a serous omission if he isn't .....we had the holidays and CNY upcoming so it'll be a little slow for awhile.

I think Cassian is coming...it would be a serous omission if he isn't .....we had the holidays and CNY upcoming so it'll be a little slow for awhile.

Yup. After this week, maybe next, it's going to slow down for a couple weeks. Maybe a month. Hopefully everything HT has released by that point is on a boat headed to Sideshow, and hopefully they come back after CNY with a Cassian announcement.

Yup. After this week, maybe next, it's going to slow down for a couple weeks. Maybe a month. Hopefully everything HT has released by that point is on a boat headed to Sideshow, and hopefully they come back after CNY with a Cassian announcement.

Yup....let us catch our breath

Cassian would be great in a two pack with the guy he shoots in the back.:dunno

I do think he'll be absolved in the SE version of RO where the guy Cassian shoots is actually an Imperial spy who tries to shoot him first.

HT seems to be taking a nap as we speak yet the Chinese New Year hasn't even started yet, right? End of this month.

They released two marvel figs and previewed GoTG2.....they are still around but I'd expect news to get slower and slower the closer we get.

For anyone still wondering, that pic of J.C. Hong is pretty clearly just Jyn without the back bob and front hair strands connected.

b52ef2a9998747fdf5f5f1946cbbcc58.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HT have been in a coma since mid December. They put up K2SO then final product pics of Marvel figures, a ****** preview of GOTG, and nothing. All I want from them this year is Blade Runner, Kurt Russell from Guardians, more OT Star Wars and Episode 8, with a dash of Fassbender from Alien Covenant too.

HT have been in a coma since mid December. They put up K2SO then final product pics of Marvel figures, a ****** preview of GOTG, and nothing. All I want from them this year is Blade Runner, Kurt Russell from Guardians, more OT Star Wars and Episode 8, with a dash of Fassbender from Alien Covenant too.

I agree and that was my point. Nothing new and exciting in a very long time from a company that usually previewed a new figure every week.

If they've become too top heavy with orders-to-come -- which may be why so many things are getting pushed back -- then perhaps this will be a long dry spell while they catch up.

Same thing happened to Sideshow long ago -- and it really changed the momentum. Sideshow came back with higher prices and far fewer Star Wars offerings after that time (no more new fig every month). New business plan went into effect.

Back