Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star Wars was based on the eternal mythological archetypes and the hero’s journey.. that’s why everyone loves it across languages, cultural divides, religions and political views. This hot topic western world stuff (as well it’s current humour and dialogue) is going to make it dated within 10 years, especially since it very clearly focuses on one subset of people.

Joseph Campbell himself, the man who inspired Lucas down this path, said anything with an agenda falls under the category of propaganda and can never be art.

Best. Post. Ever. :clap:clap:clap

Sorry, just one more comment about Lando.

I think there's a difference when a reporter asks this kind of question and is answered, vs Lucasfilm making an unsolicited official statement in their press releases. It was the same when Poe's sexuality was put into question last year. It was the reporter who brought up the Poe/Finn romance, and the person simply responded positively. Both answers were, "sure, why not?"

So I don't consider this being part of an "agenda" or trying to cram this kind of progressive thinking down the general public's throats. It was a question by a reporter and it was answered speculatively and broadly.

Back on topic, I really am hoping for at least a good Han out of this. Still keeping my fingers crossed for a reveal!

Ok, so this is the problem... so, if a character in a movie is openly homosexual - like Han is openly heterosexual - it’s “agenda and ‘trying to cram this kind of progressive thinking down the general public's throats’” ...This kind of thinking is exactly what Disney is very slowly trying to help change. And that’s about time. It wouldn’t ruin or change anything in the saga if it turned out that Poe is gay. It would be pretty unrealistic if no one in that world was.

Ok, so this is the problem... so, if a character in a movie is openly homosexual - like Han is openly heterosexual - it’s “agenda and ‘trying to cram this kind of progressive thinking down the general public's throats’” ...This kind of thinking is exactly what Disney is very slowly trying to help change. And that’s about time. It wouldn’t ruin or change anything in the saga if it turned out that Poe is gay. It would be pretty unrealistic if no one in that world was.

Just to clarify, I personally don't think it's an agenda or Disney cramming ideas down the public's throats. It seemed to me that people who went up in arms about the Lando thing did think it was an overt agenda, and I was trying to show that the opposite is true. They're just telling a story. A reporter asked a speculative question, and Kasdan said, "sure, why not?"

And I agree with you--it shouldn't be an issue in the first place.

People got all upset when JK said Dumbledore was gay....even though we never saw or read anything that suggested that in the books or films.

Same thing here....

Nothing to see ....move along.

As a side note we MAY see some of this in the next FBAWTFT film, as Dumbledore and Grindwald are main characters.

That will ruffle some feathers. I am not sure what effect this should have in a film where the characters sexuality is not on display or talked about at all.

Hell, not sure what effect is should have on anyone anytime? If it’s is , then it is....

It’s just something for the useless bloggers and Utubers to get their clickbait on and get folks all riled up and on the SW hate train.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People got all upset when JK said Dumbledore was gay....even though we never saw or read anything that suggested that in the books or films.

It's a strange one for sure.
I don't see how it changes anything(Which type of person someone is attracted to), either in a movie or the real world. It happens. All over the place.
It's a part of life, so i don't see how it can't be mirrored legitimately in art.
In the same way that having a multicultural cast is representative of the real world, so can it be to include every other shade of human traits.
The people i fear are those who have a problem with it, lol.

It's a strange one for sure.
I don't see how it changes anything(Which type of person someone is attracted to), either in a movie or the real world. It happens. All over the place.
It's a part of life, so i don't see how it can't be mirrored legitimately in art.
In the same way that having a multicultural cast is representative of the real world, so can it be to include every other shade of human traits.
The people i fear are those who have a problem with it, lol.

Exactly.

Joseph Campbell himself, the man who inspired Lucas down this path, said anything with an agenda falls under the category of propaganda and can never be art.

I totally disagree with this. Art covers vast subjects and can absolutely be political. Limiting the definition of art is what authoritarian governments do to stifle free speech. That is all I'll say on this subject, as this thread is wildly off-topic at this point.

FreeVioletAiredaleterrier-size_restricted.gif

I totally disagree with this. Art covers vast subjects and can absolutely be political. Limiting the definition of art is what authoritarian governments do to stifle free speech. That is all I'll say on this subject, as this thread is wildly off-topic at this point.

[emoji106]

Movie is out in a couple of days, I wonder if we're going to get at least a preview soon of an actual figure

Imagine the money we will save though?

But what if I NEED a custom young Lando? That could run thousands?????

;)

Honestly , My collecting has scaled way back on new films. Might go for a Chewie is they finally release on that doesn’t look like ALF

alf-header.jpg

But what if I NEED a custom young Lando? That could run thousands?????

;)

Honestly , My collecting has scaled way back on new films. Might go for a Chewie is they finally release on that doesn’t look like ALF

alf-header.jpg

:lol I agree, always thought their Chewie's looked really off, at least straight out of box. Seen some great futzing on here though. Maybe third time's the charm?

Still hoping for a Range Trooper and Mud Trooper but it seems less and less likely as we near the release date. I think they will do a Chewie, Han and Lando though. I just don't see them not releasing a single figure though. They paid a lot for the SW license.

Back