Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope lando does not have a cameo in episode sing the idiots making these movies only seems interested in killing off these characters. We don't need to see yet another classic character die.

I don't mind the old heroes dying. Given the way everything is set up, I can't imagine how we would go through this whole trilogy without Luke dying. The point is for the new heroes to take the reigns of the story. It's really about them after all.

I feel like the fandom is this these days:
OMG, OMG! This looks so amazing! I'm so pumped! Midnight screening!
It was s#*t, f#*k Disney, I hate Star Wars, wait what's this, Episode 9 trailer OMG! OMG! This looks amazing.

And on it goes.

Ha! Pretty much, but it’s exacky like figure collectors, too, no? How many times have we seen this? “WHAT?! No wrist articulation?! And who is that supposed to be anyway?! Certainly not _____! and the outfit color is all off! God (insert toy company name) suck! I’ll still buy it, but I’m only getting 4 instead of 6! Bastards!” It’s a vicious cycle. Lots of talking, but not with wallets.

I feel like the fandom is this these days:
OMG, OMG! This looks so amazing! I'm so pumped! Midnight screening!
It was s#*t, f#*k Disney, I hate Star Wars, wait what's this, Episode 9 trailer OMG! OMG! This looks amazing.

And on it goes.

This is exactly how I felt before and after TLJ but that's what happens when you give me an awesome trailer that gives the impression they are taking things in a serious tone and then end up seeing a Seth Macfarlane parody. Nothing in that trailer lead me to believe I would see anyone especially not Luke of all people drinking milk from goofy walrus tit. The porg battle cry was the closest it got to anything silly.

If they wanted to go the goofy route they should have shown that in the trailer.

Ha! Pretty much, but it’s exacky like figure collectors, too, no? How many times have we seen this? “WHAT?! No wrist articulation?! And who is that supposed to be anyway?! Certainly not _____! and the outfit color is all off! God (insert toy company name) suck! I’ll still buy it, but I’m only getting 4 instead of 6! Bastards!” It’s a vicious cycle. Lots of talking, but not with wallets.

I speak with mine. The only TLJ figure i bought was Rey and it was ordered before the movie was released. I have bought nothing else from it. And it was so bad that going forward, i am not going to see ANY Star Wars movie. I will wait and see it sometime down the line if it's worth seeing. But i will not be a part of giving a big box office grab so people can use the excuse "it made X billion dollars so it must be good" garbage. Disney's going to have to earn my money going forward. Until then, they can go suck **** with Jake Skywalker.

I spoke with mine too. Not even a single 3 3/4” for me on this film. That’s sad, as usually I’m a completist on those. I usually see a new SW flick upwards of 6 times in theaters as well. Not this time. Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter. It made its billions regardless, but I still have MY hundreds. That’s the best I can I do.

This is exactly how I felt before and after TLJ but that's what happens when you give me an awesome trailer that gives the impression they are taking things in a serious tone and then end up seeing a Seth Macfarlane parody. Nothing in that trailer lead me to believe I would see anyone especially not Luke of all people drinking milk from goofy walrus tit. The porg battle cry was the closest it got to anything silly.

If they wanted to go the goofy route they should have shown that in the trailer.

Yeah, it's interesting when the trailer editors know what's bad in the movie and hide it. Whether it be the story going off the rails, so they just stick to the set up, or whether it be with dumb unnecessary stuff. The fact that they weren't willing to prepare people for the zany tone of TLJ is a bit telling in retrospect.

A handful of goofy or zany moments hardly makes TLJ an overall goofy or zany movie in my opinion, and I had no problem still buying the drama and conflict in the story (just like the silly antics of the Ewoks in the final battle of ROTJ didn't hurt the drama at all between Luke, Vader and the Emperor). Strange to me that people are so fixated on those moments, when they were just fun little tidbits to me, and no worse than the humor in any other SW movie.

The trailer was sold to be a movie that looked as dark as Rogue One. I think it's partially about managing expectations and it clearly didn't do a terrific job at that. In the case of TLJ I actually avoided all the trailers other than that first teaser so I was sort of speaking more generally about trailers I've seen in the past that seemed to either incompletely set up the movie or seemed to be tonally selling another movie entirely.

I’d buy this in a second.

30w3v5k.jpg

What a refreshing look compared to Capri pants Rey and coveralls Rose.im really digging it.

Shes wearing the outfit similar to Chirrut in Rouge One.

It never even occurred to me they were robbing this train! This pic really does it for me. I’m definitely (no pun intended) onboard. I never thought THIS would a SW film I’d be looking forward to.

2v3o2ld.jpg

Bunch of new stuff here...

https://ew.com/movies/2018/02/07/solo-a-star-wars-story-pictures-deep-dive/2/

Looking forward to that new HT Chewbacca with double ammo bandolier and goggles :monkey3

Yes curse you Disney. I'm trying really hard to kerb my enthusiasm !!

Eh I'm not ashamed to still get excited by this stuff, and from seeing all the images and footage come out for a new SW movie. Especially given that so far I'm finding these new movies (even with their faults) about a thousand times more fun and entertaining to watch than the deadly dull prequels. :)

Back