Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping that whatever is next, is gonna be someone that I don't want. Like Jango Fett, Padme or Clones. Yeah, Hot Toys PLEASE make LOTS of Clone and Battle Droids! My wallet needs a breather.

I have more figures on pre-order now than I have in YEARS. In regards to the HT prequel figures so far, I'm 4 for 4. One in hand... three on pre-order.

With Dooku shown, I only want Maul and Grievous next from the PT. Those paired with ESB Vader all standing behind the Emperor on his throne will make one hell of a display.

Darth Maul is inevitable, I hope to see General Greivous too - young Sidious - Mace Windu + Padme, some vairant of Clones, and some this and some that :lol

I'm betting on Qui-Gon, Maul and possibly Mace being announced at SDCC. Seems like the most obvious choices, though some version of Padme, Palpatine or Jango could easily be on the cards. Palpatine in the outfit he wore when he dueled Mace is probably top of my list of most wanted figures, though Padme in her Buck Rogers arena outfit (preferably with the torn midriff) would be right up there too.

Now that Dooku is up, I just need Mace Windu and Qui-Gon. Maybe Maul. I don't care about the PT otherwise.

Need me some Samuel L. Jackson and Liam Neeson in my display.

Maul, Grevious and Padme (arena version) is all I need with the already announced Dooku, Kenobi and Anakin.

Cody, Jango, Mace and Qui Gon would be contenders if done well.

I predict Maul and Quigon/Padiwan Obiwan. 2 from ROTS, 2 from AOTC, then 2 from TPM.
Future HT forecast? Slight Jedi showers with a heavy downpour of Clones ☔

I would laugh if HT just up and releases their Maul now in retaliation for SS putting their ROTJ Luke up while HT is marketing theirs.

I hope it's Padme.

Before HT officially got the license, and did Luke under the SSC banner, Howard said that he really wanted to push his agenda and do an OT Han and PT Anakin and Padme, since those were his favorite characters, so Padme is the only one not done, I'm guessing she is definitely in the planning.

My prediction: HT will proceed duel-scene-wise, which is how the Prequels and the Clone Wars TV series are structured.

More or less in chronological order:

1 - Obi, Ani vs Dooku.

2 - Yoda vs Sidious.

3 - Obi Wan AOTC vs Jango Fett.

4 - Mace Windu, Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar vs Palpatine.

5 - Clones, jedis vs droids, super battle droids, droidekas.

6 - Qui Gon, Obi Padawan vs Maul.

7 - Ani padawan vs Padme (stupidity duel).

8 - Bail Organa vs TC-14 (irrelevancy duel).

9 - Jar Jar vs Trade Federation *******s (assholy duel).

Or we could simplify all that and say that HT has released the characters from the major duels in each prequel movie in reverse chronological order:
Anakin and Obi Wan from ROTS
Yoda and Dooku from AOTC.

Based off that one could deduce that maybe Maul and Qui Gon from TPM could be next.

The thought of a HT Liam Neeson is getting me hyped. He's probably sculpted already.

Me too, that sounds amazing. I bet they will knock their Qui Gon out of the park, HT has been killing it with their prequel sculpts.

Back