Speculation: Hot Toys 2018 PT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just thinking of the cost for a HT Grievous is making my wallet cry.

I can’t say I’d go for a Jar Jar. Not even just for the fact that he’s annoying. I was never a big fan of his look and truthfully I think even seeing him when I was younger I wasn’t overly impressed by him.

As far as creatures go I actually liked Watto but I don’t expect to ever get him. I still would love an unfinished 3PO from Episode I too.

Anakin, Obi-Wan and Padme are three must.
Qui-Gon, Darth Maul and Yoda three I wish I have but may skip due to cost.

I think everyone would be shocked how popular a Hot Toys Jar Jar would be and I suggest it would sell way better than anything from the ST Trilogy. SSC STILL can't even give away their TFA trooper stock. Hasbro can't sell Tico figures for $5, so how would Hot Toys sell one for $260?

I’d agree and say a HT Jar Jar figure would be much more popular than anyone could possibly imagine. Would I personally buy it? Nope (and not because I hate him like some people who haven’t gotten over it 20 years later, but just because he’s not someone I need), but the audience is definitely there.

Either way, Grievous or Padme are my personal hopes for the next release.

These are the type of characters that Sideshow should be tackling. Leave the human sculpts to Hot Toys.
I could see Sideshow half-assing something as intricate as the unfinished 3PO. They didn’t even do actual wiring on the small section where they’re exposed on the finished version they did. I imagine he might be a nightmare though for QC issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are so many figures that I want from the Prequels (mainly Jedi and Sith) but Jar is not one of them. Neither is Padme. However, I think I'd buy a Slave/Pod Racer/Jedi Apprentice Jake Lloyd Anakin in a heartbeat. I think....

And General Grievous who is neither Jedi nor Sith, would be too temping to pass up. And perhaps Commander Cody would be my only Clone purchase. Very cool design!

Not sure how far down the Jedi roster Hot Toys will go... they will probably stop at Mace Windu. So I'm probably safe in keeping the very passable Sideshow versions.

As for the Sequel Trilogy, I think I'm done. Unless they offer one more version of Luke....

Just curious...who here would buy a Jar Jar if HT made one with all their detail?

I'd probably buy Jar-Jar, though let's be honest, he'd never be a priority purchase. But still, I'd have him on the shelf happily enough. I liked the Gungan design (if not their over-exaggerated personalities), and I have a real hankering for more (quality) Star Wars aliens on the shelf, something a bit more colourful and exotic, rather than just humans and troopers (almost) all the time. So yeah, I'd buy the much maligned Jar-Jar, and Wicket. Just as I'd buy Greedo and Admiral Ackbar and Nien Nunb and Jabba and Two Tubes (either one) and Rio Durant and Aayla Secura and a handful of the other cool/interesting looking and instantly recognizable Star Wars aliens from the various films, if done to Hot Toys levels.

Sadly, outside of Yoda, Chewbacca and Maul, I don't expect to see much in the way of representation as far as Star Wars aliens go any time soon, if ever. They've certainly shown little interest so far, anyway...

As such, the realist in me would just be happy to finally get a Billy Dee Williams Lando on the shelf. After that, most everything else is gravy.

I'm hoping for some of these at SDCC:

Qui-Gon
TPM Obi-Wan
Maul
ROTS Mace and Palpatine
AOTC Obi-Wan and Jango
ESB Han and Lando
Solo Lando and Beckett
Grievous

I forgot all about Jango Fett. I'm on the fence on him. I don't even care about Boba, so I can't see myself getting his dad BUT in a 2pack with Obi-Wan? Maybe. I want them to do more 2packs by the way lol

I keep picturing a display at SDCC of Obi-Wan fighting Jango on a Kamino platform with actual sprinklers inside the display pouring rain on them. It would definitely catch the eye.

2018 is pretty much could say the golden year for Hot Toys Prequels figures, all came with fantastic head scuplts..so happy :)

Started with Anakin from last year and the list will be getting longer for sure.

PT list so far:

Up for PO:
Anakin Skywalker ROTS/Jedi Knight
Anakin Skywalker ROTS/Sith version
Obiwan Kenobi ROTS
Yoda AOTC
Count Dooku AOTC

Pending:
Darth Maul with speeder biker/ SDCC2018
Jango Fett AOTC /SDCC2018
Commander Cody ROTS/SDCC2018
Airborn trooper ROTS/SDCC2018
C-3PO AOTC/SDCC2018 <really ?

Padme Amidala ?!?....

Remaining possible figures in the future:
General Grievous
Darth Sidious with red robe + light saber
Mace Windu
Qui-gon Jinn
Variant of clones ?
Battle droids ?
Younger verion of Anakin and Obiwan ?

HT should hit the PT hard after what has happened:

Grievous is my wish list, and his appearance in the canon season 6 unfinished episodes look like the ROTS version. The headsculpt for the SS was...let's say a letdown.

Back