SpAwN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn’t contribute a penny to anything that put money in McFarlane’s pocket if my life depended on it. The man is a sellout when it comes to fans in my opinion.

I don't want to sound negative or mean against him, just giving my opinion but
I kinda hate Todd Mcfarlane, but, Ok, I was a Huge spawn fan, He was my favorite super hero and the comic blew my mind, the thing was beautiful to look at, the artwork of the comic I mean
I think is one of the best done comics, the colors and the drawings were just so amazing, i just loved the style so much!
then I got into the figures, I bought some 7 inch, some 12 inch. It did bother me that Mcfarlane always refer to his Statues as figures but, i had a bunch of them

then the movie came out.....:slap horrible, weird, bad effect ridden movie,but I still saw it, I still defended it to my friends and relatives lol
but, now, I mean, the Spawn toy line pretty much got milked until it died,the comic book feels like a soap opera kind off, he never finish the HBO Cartoon, he never did the sequel, he stopped making toys,
I mean, is all fail all around :slap

and yeah I have a 12 inch wings of redemption i was trying to sell for cheap, and nope, no one wants it

I don't want to sound negative or mean against him, just giving my opinion but
I kinda hate Todd Mcfarlane, but, Ok, I was a Huge spawn fan, He was my favorite super hero and the comic blew my mind, the thing was beautiful to look at, the artwork of the comic I mean
I think is one of the best done comics, the colors and the drawings were just so amazing, i just loved the style so much!
then I got into the figures, I bought some 7 inch, some 12 inch. It did bother me that Mcfarlane always refer to his Statues as figures but, i had a bunch of them

then the movie came out.....:slap horrible, weird, bad effect ridden movie,but I still saw it, I still defended it to my friends and relatives lol
but, now, I mean, the Spawn toy line pretty much got milked until it died,the comic book feels like a soap opera kind off, he never finish the HBO Cartoon, he never did the sequel, he stopped making toys,
I mean, is all fail all around :slap

and yeah I have a 12 inch wings of redemption i was trying to sell for cheap, and nope, no one wants it

What's Cheap?

l agree with Blackmask. l lovedspawn, still do, but it has been milked dry. l LOVE the spawn cartoons, they are amazing, very adult version of spawn and that's the way it should be, not the crap movie version that came out. Todd is a moron for not finishing the cartoon. He says there is something in the works, then he says something different then the years go by. pisses me off when people do that.

The movie blowed but the animated series was fantastic. I'd love to see a Spawn PF.

The only Spawn fig I still have...
25A360C8.jpg

Hes more focused on making sports figures now since McFarlane toys pretty much died. Ive mentioned it before, but if I can remember sometime in 2009 or 2010 he basically laid like half the company off because they were crashing hard. Which as mentioned the only things keeping him alive are his sports licenses and the fact that he landed the Halo rights. I doubt we'll ever see a spawn PF.

Spawn line wasn't actually killed or stopped entirely but was placed in hibernation mode or K.I.V (Keep In View). Looking at the current toy trend, a good number of collectors have now shifted from collecting the regular 6" figures, their focus is nothing more than the latest craze in town - the 1/6 scale line. Be it Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enter Bay, 3A or the platoon of military 1/6 scale toy makers, it's very hard for Spawn to appeal and compete with any of these figures/makers.

It could be Todd is just waiting for the market and demand Spawn's return, as they say in Economics "the law of supply and demand". When the demand is high Spawn is sure to make a comeback but the catch is IF the PRICE is RIGHT. Surely, there are 1/6 scale toy makers that paid a visit to Todd's office and tried to strike a deal to acquire the license. It could be in the works now or simply put it a waiting game when "it's ripe for the picking".

I believe Spawn will return from it's hiatus but this time it will be on a 1/6 scale line.

Just saw the new Spawn The Beginning Statue, have been trying to order, but when i go to checkout, i cannot choose any other country except for USA or Canada. Im in Australia. Yet when i look at their website terms and conditions, they say they ship internationally with exceptions of some countries, however AUS is not listed as part of those.
Can anyone help? :(

Just saw the new Spawn The Beginning Statue, have been trying to order, but when i go to checkout, i cannot choose any other country except for USA or Canada. Im in Australia. Yet when i look at their website terms and conditions, they say they ship internationally with exceptions of some countries, however AUS is not listed as part of those.
Can anyone help? :(

Are you sure you're talking about Sideshow Collectibles? :lol

This almost borders on absolute necessity lol. Come on todd let ss make a pf of spawn in 1/4 scale lol

Back