Spawn figures worth anything? Never sold on ebay before.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only two you'll really get anything for are the first two, the Dark Ages Spawn w/ horse and the Viking Age Skullsplitter. That particular one is from the R3 series, which had fewer produced than the regular Viking Age series. Skullsplitter is the most popular of the group and regularly nets between $75 - $100 on Ebay.

As far as Bloodaxe and Thunderhoof, though...sometimes it'll sell for around $40, others it won't. I'd throw the lot up on Ebay and see what you get for it. It's better than nothing at all.

you left out Mandarine Spawn big & small ones (standing pose).

This is the ONLY Spawn figure I still own. It's always been my favorite and I remember the excitement of finding it at Target for $7.99 and how hard he was for anyone to find. My comic shop was selling him for $100! -now he's not worth jacks**t but it's a great memory of a great time in collecting.

are you talking about that Huge Talking moster with white strands of hair that actually talks? dude that guy was scary i sold him off later on because he's too scary (and huge too). he looks so Evil with that smile of his.

I have a boatload of carded McFarlane toys I need to get rid of just to make room for all my 1/6 stuff now. Austin Powers, Movie Maniacs, tortured souls, etc. I have a feeling this stuff is also worth a fraction of what I paid for it new

The main issue with the fall of McFarlane is mainly:
1.They overproduced as normal retail runs that's available everywhere
2.Small % of the fans are actual Spawn fans while majority got hooked because of the beyond their time sculpts & paint, of course a % are just following bandwagons whom now have moved on to better stuffs.
3.They created way too many figures & variants of the figures & series discouraging folks from collecting them all.
4.They take up more space than 3.75" figures like Star Wars, so people want to ged rid of them for newer stuffs.
5.They smell & the chains rust.

IMO even to date some of their figures mainly statue figures still look superb, they are just like PVC of current statues with some articulations. However not everyone's a fan of monsters & scary characters, so they lose out to even the worst Ironman figures, and they don't have a long running fans like Star Wars or Batman to be diehard fans.

The market really doesn't do justice to those good Spawn figures. If McFarlane were a Japanese company, i bet today everyone would still be hunting them at high price like those Vintage G1 Transformers.

Don't forget McFarlane was the pioneer in pushing for high quality sculpt & paint at the cost of less articulations which was later adopted into the industry, which has now moved on to Super Articulation figures that inherited good sculp & paint, but still they don't look as great as semi/non articulated of course.

Hard to believe figures like Overkill Deluxe selling for few bucks. That guy has great sculpt & paint quality, and sheer size. Beats any G.I Joe figures out there.

Don't sell on eBay. You have no seller protection and the buyer has complete 30 day buyer protection.

I have 167 positive feedback 100%.

I sold a Savage Opress statue a month ago, and was left positive feedback a month ago and the buyer said he liked the statue.

A week ago, he said it arrived broken. I lost the dispute, he sent the broken item back and eBay gave him a full refund.

I just closed me eBay account.

Overhyped junk back in the day. Wothless junk today.

sounds pretty unfair. the sports line were junks though.

but i don't get why McFarlane is in decline while Neca is still doing well, figures from both companies have about the same traits.

Don't sell on eBay. You have no seller protection and the buyer has complete 30 day buyer protection.

I have 167 positive feedback 100%.

I sold a Savage Opress statue a month ago, and was left positive feedback a month ago and the buyer said he liked the statue.

A week ago, he said it arrived broken. I lost the dispute, he sent the broken item back and eBay gave him a full refund.

I just closed me eBay account.

well question is, did the buyer leave his feedback before he received the item, and did he say he like it in the feedback or messaged you saying he likes it? you can check the feedback date vs the package arrival date.

also it's paypal that gave the refund, ebay & paypal are different companies now. ebay took your listing fee & final value fee. so if you want to avoid same thing happening you need to avoid paypal or force buyers to send money as gift.

well question is, did the buyer leave his feedback before he received the item, and did he say he like it in the feedback or messaged you saying he likes it? you can check the feedback date vs the package arrival date.

Had similar happen to me, feedback means nothing.

Had similar happen to me, feedback means nothing.

i'm just asking whether the item genuinely arrived broken or did the buyer receive it in good condition and either broke it or sent back his own broken one?

I keep meaning to get around to getting the Sin City stuff McF did. I had the color Marv and would love to have the complete line.

I'm trying to get the full set of McFarlane Simpson family watching movie in cinema set with voice function, but seems they only sell them separately and cost $80 each, there's only 1 seller selling 1 carton of 2 sets of 12 items asking for $600. don't mind loose or complete as long as they are good.

I collected Spawn figures too back then and got so many stored away still in their packages. Back then, like a lot of people here states, the sculpts were top-notch and blew away a lot of toys on the market. At one time, I was thinking about paying top dollar for those hard-to-find figures.

I used to follow the Spawn comics and had most of the figures. I did loose interest in both but kept just a few figures as absolute favorites. It was a fun line to collect. McF revolutionized sculpting, paint and details for action figures. He was the pioneer and brought it in for around $7.99 to start.

Yeah the Spawn bubble burst about a decade ago unfortunately. I remember seeing the Spawn Alley playset for sale from a vendor at Wizard World Chicago for $450 back in 2002 but these days you can find it for about $85 or under.

I'm trying to get the full set of McFarlane Simpson family watching movie in cinema set with voice function, but seems they only sell them separately and cost $80 each, there's only 1 seller selling 1 carton of 2 sets of 12 items asking for $600. don't mind loose or complete as long as they are good.

I have that set. loved the Simpson's figures Mcfarlane made. Have everyone they made. Shoot, I have almost every Mcfarlane figure ever made.

Back