Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spartacus Blood and Sand

I am looking forward to this. The more I see of Liam as Spartacus the more I think he is going to work out. I can't wait to see more of Ilithyia. :naughty :drool

Knowing that Whitfield wanted the show to continue I will give the new guy a fair chance. What happened was beyond everyone's control. The show made every effort to wait for Whitfield to get better, and sadly that didn't happen.

Have mixed feelings about this. Andy WAS Spartacus. I know he wanted the show to go on, but it just seems so...... off. Something is just not exactly right about this. I will give it a chance, but everything I've read Liam say about not wanting to follow Andy's lead and trying to make the role his own, just seems off. I'm not saying he should try to imitate Andy, but he is stepping into a role that was made popular by someone else. I would think he would want to stay as close to that as possible, but I guess we shall see.

Have mixed feelings about this. Andy WAS Spartacus. I know he wanted the show to go on, but it just seems so...... off. Something is just not exactly right about this. I will give it a chance, but everything I've read Liam say about not wanting to follow Andy's lead and trying to make the role his own, just seems off. I'm not saying he should try to imitate Andy, but he is stepping into a role that was made popular by someone else. I would think he would want to stay as close to that as possible, but I guess we shall see.

Part of me agrees!

I just watched the first season again over the last couple of weeks and like you say, Andy WAS Spartacus. He did a most excellent job.

I've watched the trailer for the new season, and while it looks good, there is something off indeed. For me it was mostly the voice of the new Spartacus that made it weird for me. I thought it was too deep and loud, but that could be just an effect of this trailer.

I will watch this show, because I want to see how it continues. I'll give the new guy a fair chance. Hopefully he'll do a good job as well! :)

we'll see how good this new guy works out, it might take a couple of episodes to get used to him but Andy will be missed

I just finished season 1 on Netflix streaming and I really like the show. I admit the first episode was a bit cheesy with the blood and effects and I was just thinking of just stopping there, but I decided to stick with it and I'm glad I did because after the first episode the cheesiness stopped and it got much better.

Can someone with some mad photoshop skills do a Spartacus sig group? Show starts back up next Friday. I of course would like an AW Spartacus sig.

images.jpg

spartacus800x600.jpg

spartacus_blood_and_sand_2010_685x385_cast_andyW.jpg

BTW DID released teaser of Spartacus - looks like the fancy armor set. CMToys have two other figures based on this series out already - Spartacus and Crixus The Gaul

Back