Sovereign Studios updates - Current thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Shawn,

Got my Indy jackets and shirt yesterday. They are flat out awesome! The best of the best of the best with honors. I really appreciate all the hard work from you and Marc. Thanks!

Paul

Hello,

Don't want to sound unfair/arrogant, but is there a chance to buy a Indy jacket for narrow shoulders Hot toyS with direct shipping?
(want to avoid the long waiting time)

Really interested in one and prepared to pay extra.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey Shawn,

Got my Indy jackets and shirt yesterday. They are flat out awesome! The best of the best of the best with honors. I really appreciate all the hard work from you and Marc. Thanks!

Paul

What shirt did you get? Is Shaun making Indy shirts as well? Oh, and congrats!

Hello,

Don't want to sound unfair/arrogant, but is there a chance to buy a Indy jacket for narrow shoulders Hot toyS with direct shipping?
(want to avoid the long waiting time)

Really interested in one and prepared to pay extra.

Thank you.

Are these jackets still avalable and what would the price be?

Ditto.

I just put a few more jackets up on eBay..
You can buy them there if you'd like..

As for the shirts new patterns are being made so it'll be a bit..

Thanks

Last edited:
I hope the three of you who are buying now to get put at the front of the line appreciate that your stuff will get sent to you at the cost of someone like me getting what I paid for almost a year ago. Shawn just sent out the backlog of guys who were waiting as much as 18 months for their stuff.

I guess if someone who ordered way before me gets their product, I can wait a while longer. It sure would be nice to have the same courtesy extended to me. Or at the very least not have people waving their recent purchase in my face.

I hope the three of you who are buying now to get put at the front of the line appreciate that your stuff will get sent to you at the cost of someone like me getting what I paid for almost a year ago. Shawn just sent out the backlog of guys who were waiting as much as 18 months for their stuff.

I guess if someone who ordered way before me gets their product, I can wait a while longer. It sure would be nice to have the same courtesy extended to me. Or at the very least not have people waving their recent purchase in my face.

Calm down, man. I'm not waving anything in anybody's face. I don't know you and don't know about your situation. Whatever your problem is, "the three of us" have absolutely nothing to do with it.
:peace

Last edited:
Calm down, man. I'm not waving anything in anybody's face. I don't know you and don't know about your situation. Whatever your problem is, "the three of us" have absolutely nothing to do with it.

I am very calm. I don't believe I used any foul language or called anyone names.

You do know me, and you do know my situation. I just posted it above. Maybe I should put it another way. I am one month shy of the year mark of waiting for a jacket I was told would take four weeks to complete. Shawn lied to me and told me he was all caught up. I didn't realize he had been telling people that for a very long time before I paid for the jacket and whip. Once the money was sent, he disappeared.

So that's my problem. I just think the three of you should know that if you are asking to be put at the front of the line you are cutting in front of me and who knows how many others. I just think it's kind of selfish to post in this thread saying you "don't want to wait" like the rest of us who have been waiting. We didn't want to wait a year either. I can't help but feel that way. Sorry if it bothers you but it's a crap situation.

I am very calm. I don't believe I used any foul language or called anyone names.

You do know me, and you do know my situation. I just posted it above. Maybe I should put it another way. I am one month shy of the year mark of waiting for a jacket I was told would take four weeks to complete. Shawn lied to me and told me he was all caught up. I didn't realize he had been telling people that for a very long time before I paid for the jacket and whip. Once the money was sent, he disappeared.

So that's my problem. I just think the three of you should know that if you are asking to be put at the front of the line you are cutting in front of me and who knows how many others. I just think it's kind of selfish to post in this thread saying you "don't want to wait" like the rest of us who have been waiting. We didn't want to wait a year either. I can't help but feel that way. Sorry if it bothers you but it's a crap situation.

I sympathize with your situation, but it feels like you are accusing us of wanting to screw you deliberately. How am I supposed to know that you are still waiting for your jacket? In this thread I don't see a post where you express that and as far as I know, sovereign studios was already on top of things and delivering the owed product (at least that's the impression I got from what I've been reading). The most recent posts show that he has been delivering product:

Just wanted to shout out a thank you to Shawn. I received my Indy jacket today. It looks even better than the one I purchased years ago through him. This one has a zipper and it definitely adds to the look.
Alan

i got my first jacket and whip and heads thank you.. i appreciate the hard work from marc and shawn. still waitng on my second..oh where to get a knife for michael myers..

I have received my Indy jacket today. All I can say if you need a jacket for Indy this is the man to go. The weathered is the best I have seen. Thanks to Shawn and specially to Marc, very helpfull and comunicative all the moment.;)

Hey Shawn,

Paul

Orders going out Monday/Tuesday:

Indiana Paul
Cryoguns
Indiana Fett
Ultimate Weapon

More going later in the week, I'll sort that and update once I've gotten tracking numbers for the guys above.

After reading all of the above, I felt comfortable in asking to buy one of his jackets from ebay. I don't have a crystal ball to see beyond what is posted here.

I sincerely wish you luck in resolving your situation.

ps. You are right, I do know you. I think we traded or I bought from you before.:)

Are you trying to pick a fight? Your problem has NOTHING to do with these guys. How are they "cutting in front of you" if they had no idea (until this inane post) that you were waiting for something? If you have a problem with Shawn, take it up with him instead of attacking members of this board.

Everyone, please stop what you're doing and make sure you follow every post by collector49, this way you'll be sure not to step on his toes.:rolleyes:

I don't want to fight with anyone and I am not attacking anyone. I think I am being civil about it. The first guy to post obviously knew that people are still waiting for products, or he wouldn't have asked to be sold product without the wait. That was his whole point of asking and offering to pay extra to get the items before those who were waiting.

And it's not like the whole board hasn't seen all of the drama surrounding the custom work of Sovereign Studios. I think it's common knowledge that there are still people waiting a year or more for items paid for.

I guess I am just not the type who knows that people are waiting in line for something, and tries to get in the front of the line because they don't want to be bothered with the wait. And I sure as hell wouldn't post in the thread where those people are waiting for news about their year old order asking to be let in front of the line because they don't want to wait.

I sympathize with your situation, but it feels like you are accusing us of wanting to screw you deliberately. How am I supposed to know that you are still waiting for your jacket? In this thread I don't see a post where you express that and as far as I know, sovereign studios was already on top of things and delivering the owed product (at least that's the impression I got from what I've been reading).

It's not my intent to attack or argue with anyone. I just thought you guys would have known. I guess all the old threads about this got closed because so many people were complaining about the problem.

I have posted about this before, several times in those old threads along with others who are still waiting. I am trying not to post every day asking where my stuff is because I know the stuff Shawn has been sending out is to guys who have been waiting a lot longer than me.

He is sending out product. I just think it's a little early for him to start pushing a bunch of new orders when the problem is not fixed.

And we have done some business in the past CommTech. And I want you to know I would do business with you in the future. This is not about attacking any member, just trying to make sure the new orders don't start pouring in when the old problems still exist. You never know, you guys who just ordered might be in here a year from now wondering why you didn't have someone pointing this out.

Just something to think about. I won't talk about it any more because I am just going to get people irritated at me and then my mouth is going to get me in trouble.

Fair enough. I now completely understand it from your point of view and it must be frustrating. Just wanted you to know (speaking for myself) that it wasn't my objective to take advantage or cause you and others an inconvenience. :)

Thanks, I appreciate that. I hope we all get our orders soon.

And when you do you'll love the jacket:) I had to wait a while for mine too and understand your frustration.

As soon as I saw you guys (you and Commtech) were getting things resolved, I deleted my post. Sorry I butted in:angelsmil

Now, I sincerely hope Shawn is getting back on track. It seems he is headed in the right direction.

I just hope he can maintain this momentum and everyone will get to enjoy some truly amazing custom work.

email message sent to Marc...I too have been in the queue for a jacket for a long time, bought a second one through eBay when the KOTCS Indy was announced, don't know which one to say I've received but am still owed one more. I also paid for a Scarecrow head with removable mask, and that project is never even mentioned anymore.

I haven't wanted to advertise my status since Shawn is getting caught up, but today I felt c49 shouldn't be hanging out there all alone. We've all been pretty understanding about the need to use new sales to finance the catch-up. Every now and then somebody's liable to have a burst of frustration. Some other day it might be me. Fortunately I deal with lots of customizers and am waiting for lots of stuff from lots of artists. And I've been pretty slow myself about getting it all photographed and starting a thread to display my world-class collection to recognize those artists who've made it possible...but I'm getting caught up on my other stuff so maybe someday soon...

As Shawn has mentioned on numerous occassions, the work going out is a mix of new orders and backlog. Like it or not, that's how things are going down, so this thread is going to contain a variety of posts, some people looking to make buys in the present, and likely to get response and products potentially faster than some backlog people. There's no sense getting into it over this, like I said, this has been outlined as the business model for quite some time and heated discussion has followed and the model hasn't changed and isn't likely to, so let's try to just keep this thread focused on order updates and inquiries and not have the customers going at it with one another.

In the spirit of keeping this thread about updates as you have requested, maybe people who want to place new orders should keep out of this thread. It's only going to cause more problems when you have people saying "I hate to sound arrogant, but I don't like to wait." It sounds arrogant, entitled and selfish and it does nothing but rattle the cage those of us who are waiting.

There are a lot of us with outstanding orders who are being very, very patient while Shawn tries to play catch-up. I think it's only smart for Shawn and all those involved if they keep the new sales via PM for now.

Back