Sovereign Studios Newt Project ALIENS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Newt looks great Shawn! I can't wait to get the kit and paint her head. I will try to get a male Mego body on eBay sometime soon for her.

I love the custom Newt I made. I showed it in my own thread here on this board a few months ago. Les Walker inspired me to make my own with the great one he made. But, yours Shawn is great too! That's why I want a Newt kit from you! :D

Update as promised: Here's an unpainted sculpt of Casey with comments from Shawn...

2newt4.jpg

"Here's the Casey head. Last time I try to work in that scale!! lol She still needs painted and trimmed, of course. I need to make one more mold; the first one ended up with a lot of air bubbles, so I had to clean up a cast for a remold. I'm getting ready to pour that now. This first Newt will be ready to go for Monday."

is it too late to get involved with one of these? i would be interested in newt and not the kit, as i am art challenged. :D

is it too late to get involved with one of these? i would be interested in newt and not the kit, as i am art challenged. :D

Not at all. Anything for you tylerd. :D Seriously, it is still early.

Here's what's going down...

On Monday I will be starting a new order thread for Newt as this is no longer a project but a figure available for order. Your name will be added to the list with your preference.

Cool?

Not at all. Anything for you tylerd. :D Seriously, it is still early.

Here's what's going down...

On Monday I will be starting a new order thread for Newt as this is no longer a project but a figure available for order. Your name will be added to the list with your preference.

Cool?

sounds great. how long till they ship? are they made to order?

sounds great. how long till they ship? are they made to order?

Well, much like the Sov Keaton Batman, it will be based on a first come first serve basis in the order payments are received for those on the list who first expressed interest. The figures will match the final prototype.

Now it may go faster than you think because it's been quite a while since we started the project so I would expect we may not hear from some on the list.

Art challeged...LOL...yeah, me too. We ride the coattails of the artists...but I am at peace with that.:D

Hey, guys. I'm happy to say, Newt is now GO! Soon pjam will be starting the "available" thread, so keep an eye out for that and continue the discussion there. I think he will starting it in the general movie/TV section, where I tend to put my stuff. Here is a preview of the photos I've sent to pjam. I sent him a lot of pics, enjoy them:D

0n11.jpg

Very nice Shawn! Let me be the first to congratulate you on making these available for us freaks and at such a reasonable discount...

And on a Momentous 500th thread Post.

This is a deal guys, you get a hand made custom Newt Figure complete with detailed weathered outfit, rooted hair, with custom sculpted locator and Casey head accessories for $110.

Shawn is also offering kits for those who wish to supply their own bodies. Kit outfits will come "new" and unweathered.

I want to personally thank the Figuremaster himself, who made the First Ever Newt Custom, for his guidance. The bodies Les suggested are in perfect scale for this figure and without the right bodies, No Newt for any of us! Les also advised Shawn as the project developed. Thank you Bro.

So, indeed, I will start a new thread sometime today. Here's how it will work.

1)Those who previously expressed interest will be first to order the figure in the order interest was posted in this thread.

2)You MUST email Shawn @ [email protected] if you wish to purchase the figure and confirm your order to keep your place on the list.

3) I will update the list and order status to get the ball rolling and Shawn will take over from there as he is the vendor.

4) Shawn will have to address "Sculpted hair" version status. I'm not sure how that will work. He may want to roll out all rooted hair versions first. I don't know. I imagine once he is happy with the sculpted hair piece, figures can be rolled out as per Order list.

Last edited:
Back