Sovereign Studio backlog, stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been avoiding posting any replies into these threads purely because I'm not one of Shawn's customers. I read them because this situation (like Howes) has a direct impact on the 1:6 collecting community IMO, and I want to stay informed.

That being said, I'm posting because this recent comment by Shawn regarding his eBay sales just shocked the hell out of me:

And NO the stuff is not in-hand. That's the whole purpose of the 12-13 business day turn-around. It makes no sense making stuff in bulk when you don't know what's going to sell from week to week. It sells, I make it, I ship it.

What do you mean you don't know if it will sell??!! You have a HUGE BACKLOG OF ORDERS!!! Use that excess inventory to make good on customers who paid months ago!

More and more, things are not adding up in Shawn and Marc's stories--especially once Marc (foreverannoyed) started posting. It's starting to look like Sovereign will ultimately become another Chris Howes, and we'll have one more blight on the community.

All-
Thanks you for the PMs I have been getting- I am putting everyone's information into a spread sheet which is then sent to shawn with due dates.

It will take about 2 weeks or so to get everything in order so PLEASE continue sending them.. We will be working to get this fixed and I can tell you that we have been making a dent in this backlog- just not a very big one yet.. But we will.. Thanks for the support.

4ever

I've been avoiding posting any replies into these threads purely because I'm not one of Shawn's customers. I read them because this situation (like Howes) has a direct impact on the 1:6 collecting community IMO, and I want to stay informed.

That being said, I'm posting because this recent comment by Shawn regarding his eBay sales just shocked the hell out of me:

What do you mean you don't know if it will sell??!! You have a HUGE BACKLOG OF ORDERS!!! Use that excess inventory to make good on customers who paid months ago!

More and more, things are not adding up in Shawn and Marc's stories--especially once Marc (foreverannoyed) started posting. It's starting to look like Sovereign will ultimately become another Chris Howes, and we'll have one more blight on the community.

That’s VERY simple: He didn’t ALWAYS have a huge back log. Once upon a time he lived sale to sale so he HAD to be that way. He just never dropped the mentality..

And he's not the only one:
What about Triad? They sell items a full YEAR ahead of time and still don’t make enough despite selling out 6 months in advance.. why?
It’s called business risk. Shawn has to manage what he can make versus what he will sell versus what he owes…

By his own admission that is difficult for him to do which is why I am here..
This is not a problem anymore but hopefully you understand a bit better the previous logic..

By the way- If we were going to be another Howes situation would it not make more sense to bail NOW instead of continuing to run a scam like we are trying to catch up.. We HAVE THE MONEY, right..? So why hang around unless we ARE going to make it right..? Eh..?
You have some unique logic there..

4Ever..

PM sent to Foreverannoyed about delivery dates of 4 sets of muscle arm skins from Shawn

Foreverannoyed (Not the most suitable nik for a customer relations manager I might say) and some of your responses have been . . . antagonistic

Shawn got himself into this . . . no one else . . so when no refunds are offered for goods bought and paid for that are well over due . . you can understand peoples anger . . when you take the attitude to get angry back you just advertise the fact that everyone has to put up and shut up.

GatackFC he has been the most vocal negative voice on here ? if others lose their patience will you be as abusive ?

Will GatackFC get his money back ???

Or is it a case that you simply get abusive back and end communication ???

Ive not waited long so Im prepared to wait a while longer, but if no product or refund is given after 6 months what then ?

I get vocal and angry on here ? (as its my only recourse) and you get abusive back and steal my money ?

Whats happening with the ones that arent prepared to wait any longer ?

Last edited:
That’s VERY simple: He didn’t ALWAYS have a huge back log. Once upon a time he lived sale to sale so he HAD to be that way. He just never dropped the mentality..

And he's not the only one:
What about Triad? They sell items a full YEAR ahead of time and still don’t make enough despite selling out 6 months in advance.. why?
It’s called business risk. Shawn has to manage what he can make versus what he will sell versus what he owes…

By his own admission that is difficult for him to do which is why I am here..
This is not a problem anymore but hopefully you understand a bit better the previous logic..

By the way- If we were going to be another Howes situation would it not make more sense to bail NOW instead of continuing to run a scam like we are trying to catch up.. We HAVE THE MONEY, right..? So why hang around unless we ARE going to make it right..? Eh..?
You have some unique logic there..

4Ever..

Well...he does have that backlog now, so the sensible thing to do would be to drop that old mentality.

And Howes continued to run eBay sales and post sporadic spurts of updates similar to what you and Shawn are doing now. And then he vanished.

If you want to call that "unique logic", then so be it. Personally, you come across as a very short-fused and defensive. Regardless of the pressure and ill will being placed upon the two of you, you are supposedly the businessman here, but you are certainly not acting like it--especially a few pages back in response to Mollins' post about having second thoughts about ordering from Sovereign:

Frankly if that’s how you feel then no one is losing anything: you aren’t at any risk and we don’t have to deal with another potential ‘problem’ customer.

That is another thing I am here to do that Shawn is WAAAAY to nice to do- cut the fat.

We are not here to rip anyone off. If you feel that that is a possibility or you can condone someone wishing another person’s family ill over a TOY then we do not need your money.
BTW: Sexual orientation has NOTHING to do with it- that guy acted a certain way and I blasted him with what he gave me. It was against HIM not an entire group so let’s not go there.
By your logic every time someone bashes a black person I should be offended too..??

Thanks for NOT ordering
Forever..

My wife works for a customer service firm that represents major food corporations such as Nestle, Kraft, etc. If she EVER sent a response like that to a consumer--regardless of how they acted toward her--she'd be fired on the spot!! If this is how you handle complaints, criticisms, and concerns, then you are a terrible businessman, and Gatack's side of the story suddenly holds much more credibility. At the very least, it would make me never do business with Sovereign regardless of how much good will may be re-earned.

Now since I've admitted I'm not a customer, I'll refrain from further comments (unless some other comment strikes a chord as much as the one to which I referred).

Well...he does have that backlog now, so the sensible thing to do would be to drop that old mentality.

And Howes continued to run eBay sales and post sporadic spurts of updates similar to what you and Shawn are doing now. And then he vanished.

If you want to call that "unique logic", then so be it. Personally, you come across as a very short-fused and defensive. Regardless of the pressure and ill will being placed upon the two of you, you are supposedly the businessman here, but you are certainly not acting like it--especially a few pages back in response to Mollins' post about having second thoughts about ordering from Sovereign:

My wife works for a customer service firm that represents major food corporations such as Nestle, Kraft, etc. If she EVER sent a response like that to a consumer--regardless of how they acted toward her--she'd be fired on the spot!! If this is how you handle complaints, criticisms, and concerns, then you are a terrible businessman, and Gatack's side of the story suddenly holds much more credibility. At the very least, it would make me never do business with Sovereign regardless of how much good will may be re-earned.

Now since I've admitted I'm not a customer, I'll refrain from further comments (unless some other comment strikes a chord as much as the one to which I referred).

Well, that was my point- He has the backing now so the mentality will dissipate. Problem solved. But you were speaking about the past. And once again Shawn was just speaking from the heart.. I’ll handel that now since I see not everyone here is so willing to accept a man’s honest explanation without calling him a liar or a thief.

As for being defensive I am not here to ‘kiss and make up’. We are business men and as such we have to act like it but you will no longer be seeing Shawn on here with his hat in his hand- People (as you saw) don’t even care if he had a family tragedy and that is a shame. So while it may seem harsh or uncaring there is one thing to consider:
It is what it is.. I told that guy the facts and that’s that. ANYONE who doesn’t like it is free not to buy from us. Simple as that. No hard feelings.
This is not a major corporation here as I have said- this is now a two man operation and I have to protect my investment and Shawn’s name and I will do that without hesitation- anyway I see fit. This guy tried playing a card and I stopped it. I have no intention of taking the beating Shawn did. That guy said he had concerns, I addressed them, we moved on. Done.

As for complaints and criticism’s ect I WILL take that because they are deserved- we messed up BAD- but let’s be adults about it at the same time. If you feel that other guy is valid, has a point ect wanting someone to die over a toy then as nicely as I can I extend the same offer to you: If you do not like us, simply do not buy from us. No anger or animosity or anything.

I read thru what people (particularly that guy) said to Shawn as he was basically pouring his heart out (which made me sick because people were basically telling him to jump in a lake.. ) and I actually wish I had been a bit angrier in my responses to him- There is NO excuse to wish someone’s family ill over a TOY. Period. If you don’t understand that then fine but please don’t try to claim we are not business men or anything like that; just because we don’t do business they way you may like it does not mean we are bad at what we do. Behind? Yes but we are working on that..

You should really take the time to read everything that was said to and about Shawn before you label me defensive. Yes I am defending my friend but I am not defensive at all- I am just getting to the point. Buy from us if you wish or do not. I am more than willing to work with a reasonable concerns or issues but I won’t even bother with nonsense which that was.. Nothing further to discuss there. It just REALLY disturbs me that you would say that guy’s side of the story suddenly holds much more credibility.. A guy hoping someone dies over a toy. Think about what that says.. and I don’t mean about us.. but whatever..

And as you said you are not a customer so I really don’t understand why any of this concerns you but as I said I am here so ask away.

I didnt realise the guy was threatening or hoping for someones death in Shawns family . . out of order . . but I can understand his frustration and anger . . you get ignored . . and have your money taken . . . you get angry . . very angry

Give the man his money back

and Id say fair enough go your seperate ways and Gatack should avoid getting involved anymore in these discussions

You should really take the time to read everything that was said to and about Shawn before you label me defensive. Yes I am defending my friend but I am not defensive at all- I am just getting to the point. Buy from us if you wish or do not. I am more than willing to work with a reasonable concerns or issues but I won’t even bother with nonsense which that was.. Nothing further to discuss there. It just REALLY disturbs me that you would say that guy’s side of the story suddenly holds much more credibility.. A guy hoping someone dies over a toy. Think about what that says.. and I don’t mean about us.. but whatever..

And as you said you are not a customer so I really don’t understand why any of this concerns you but as I said I am here so ask away.

1. I have read through everything, so please don't assume I'm ignorant.

2. The only proof we have of this "I hope your family member dies" comment is your word that it was said. You have and are continuing to display conduct unbecoming of a businessman (regardless of the business' size), and that is why I'm starting to believe the other side of the story (i.e. - I don't think that comment was ever made).

3. I have already stated why this concerns me: This situation affects the community to which I belong. As a member of this forum, I have every right to comment where I see fit as long as I don't violate the board's code of conduct, which I have not. Over the past year, I've seen fellow members get walked all over by self-appointed "professional" customizers. I'm tired of it, and I feel like defending them.

I'll let your words and attitude speak for themselves. You have lost the possibility of me ever becoming a customer, and I would bet that your posts have turned others away as well. Word of mouth is the strongest advertising you can have, and you're flushing it down the drain with every defensive and argumentative post.

I would love to see this guy make good on his word... hell, I tried to order one of his jackets back in 2002... but he did the same thing to me then.. I got the " I got sick excuse" and never saw anything... I completely understand how someone can get behind because the real world gets in the way.. but you don't even have a freakin' job !?!?!.. but lets face it... if this is seriously the only job you have.. there is no excuse.. the fact that you are continuing to take more money from more people, yet still owe customers from over a YEAR ago product means you are flat out cheating people.. period... plus the whole, I need to sell this stuff on ebay to cover shipping costs for previous orders ( when shipping was ALREADY PAID FOR) is just lame, deceptive, and dishonest... how can you justify selling a product that someone has already PAID for to a new customer !!! . you seriously need to get your act together and stop playing the "poor pitiful me" violins... you have talent Shawn.. no doubt.. serious talent even... but your credibility is pretty much nill... until you fill your previous obligations you should feel ashamed to still be taking more money from new customers... maybe you need to get a real job to make ends meet... because you simply suck as a businessman.. ..

“..hell, I tried to order one of his jackets back in 2002... but he did the same thing to me then.. I got the " I got sick excuse" and never saw anything...”
That is NOT what I understand- As I understand you paid him and he refunded your money a few days later once he realized you were simply reverse engineering other people’s items, reproducing them and selling them as your own. Shawn takes that personally so he refunded you.. Am I wrong?

And you did say 2002 right? Isn’t that EIGHT years ago..? He should be ashamed? Someone else should be ashamed for holding on too long
Might be time to let that go and not pile on..

And he doesn’t have a real job? Funny.. He has real kids and a real wife in HIS real house where he works in his REAL studio- that is all paid for with real money.. so tell me: what is a ‘real job’ to you..? I’m curious.
You see this is why he gets angry: peole that have nothing to do with this just pile on for no reason. Do we owe you anything? No. So why pile on..

Why are you just insulting him..? We owe you NOTHING.
Please tell me- I’m curious..

1. I have read through everything, so please don't assume I'm ignorant.

2. The only proof we have of this "I hope your family member dies" comment is your word that it was said. You have and are continuing to display conduct unbecoming of a businessman (regardless of the business' size), and that is why I'm starting to believe the other side of the story (i.e. - I don't think that comment was ever made).

3. I have already stated why this concerns me: This situation affects the community to which I belong. As a member of this forum, I have every right to comment where I see fit as long as I don't violate the board's code of conduct, which I have not. Over the past year, I've seen fellow members get walked all over by self-appointed "professional" customizers. I'm tired of it, and I feel like defending them.

I'll let your words and attitude speak for themselves. You have lost the possibility of me ever becoming a customer, and I would bet that your posts have turned others away as well. Word of mouth is the strongest advertising you can have, and you're flushing it down the drain with every defensive and argumentative post.

I find it interesting that you would readily believe that guy’s side of the story yet never even ask for ours. And then doubt it when I give it to you. Then you say his story has more credibility and question what I am saying.. That to me make me wonder why I am conversing with you at all.. Seems like a waste of my time. Wouldn’t you agree?

Nonetheless as I have hinted at I don’t really care what you think any more based on those facts alone but to humor you here is your ‘credible story source’s’ EXACT email un-altered except for language. Believe whatever make you smile.:

“Go @$%# yourself. I definitely have no compassion for sorry excuses like you. Your reputation is ruined all over the web thats wwhy you have to go under a stupid &#^%ing alias to sell stuff you dont have in hand. I hope someone does die in your family then maybe you can use all that money you stole from people to give them a proper burial you &#^%ing scumbag.

> Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 19:05:43 -0500”

That is DIRECT from your freind.

The only person that was getting walked on here was Shawn but that was only by a few people. Most everyone so far has been really nice and I appreciate that. If you want to put us in that Howes categorey then by all means you do whatever makes you happy.

You are correct- word of mouth is VERY powerful in advertisement.. That’s why we do so well. My job is to get everybody’s stuff back on track, make contact and save Shawn from having to take a beating and eliminate the trouble customers..That’ll take time but I’m up for it..

And finally as for you not ever being a customer I covered that already last sentence but I’ll happily thank you again.

Foreverannoyed, I think you should really consider limiting your posts to just updates on Soveriegn Studios' backlog because you're causing more harm than good to Shaun and coming across as a ****** in the process.

PM sent to Foreverannoyed about delivery dates of 4 sets of muscle arm skins from Shawn

Foreverannoyed (Not the most suitable nik for a customer relations manager I might say) and some of your responses have been . . . antagonistic

Shawn got himself into this . . . no one else . . so when no refunds are offered for goods bought and paid for that are well over due . . you can understand peoples anger . . when you take the attitude to get angry back you just advertise the fact that everyone has to put up and shut up.

GatackFC he has been the most vocal negative voice on here ? if others lose their patience will you be as abusive ?

Will GatackFC get his money back ???

Or is it a case that you simply get abusive back and end communication ???

Ive not waited long so Im prepared to wait a while longer, but if no product or refund is given after 6 months what then ?

I get vocal and angry on here ? (as its my only recourse) and you get abusive back and steal my money ?

Whats happening with the ones that arent prepared to wait any longer ?

I like my name because it describes me well!! lol!!:rotfl

To your points then:
“Shawn got himself into this . . . no one else . . so when no refunds are offered for goods bought and paid for that are well over due . . you can understand peoples anger . . when you take the attitude to get angry back you just advertise the fact that everyone has to put up and shut up.”

I understand and agree but why the need to beat the man up? He came on here and apologized and I am here working with people via PM to make it better yet there are still people questioning everything from our ethics to if we are even two different people- it’s sad, frankly.
You don’t know Shawn- he is really a gentle and kind guy and this sort of stuff bothers him. The man just lost a family member and then he comes here to offer a WAY too personal apology and people tell him to pound sand.

So for those that were kind to him I am thanking them and working to help fix this problem but then there are guys on here who we owe NOTHING. They are just here to pile on and I will very kindly point out what they are doing and ask them to take a hike. Simple as that. Is that antagonistic? If so then so be it- again I am not here to kiss people’s behinds. I am here to fix the problem and eliminate fyrther problems. That will not be everyone’s cup of tea.. And if some people prefer to be upset by this then just keep it moving. Simple.

“GatackFC he has been the most vocal negative voice on here ? if others lose their patience will you be as abusive ?” AGAIN- this guy wished Shawn’s family dead over a toy. AM I going to blast him for that? Yes sir. Will I be vicious about it? Absolutley. But frankly there is nothing I can do to him that will make up for what Shawn’s wife had to read from that “guy” this morning. So let’s not mention that..”guy” There are people on here that have waited a YEAR. If they lose their patence I will take every drop. That.. “guy” had to wait a week. You don’t see a difference then whatever.

“Will GatackFC get his money back ???” this “guy” has his item. Sadley there is nothing I could wish him to do with it that he probably will not do himself willingly so I can only hope he leaves us alone. But if not I have infinite energy to battle him and I will.

“Or is it a case that you simply get abusive back and end communication ???” Honestly I never tried that but I might.. Certainly a nice tactic if I’m just not getting through to people...

“Ive not waited long so Im prepared to wait a while longer, but if no product or refund is given after 6 months what then ?” If I have you PM then you are on the list based on when you bought, what you bought and we will work HARD to get it out to you ASAP.

I get vocal and angry on here ? (as its my only recourse) and you get abusive back and steal my money ? Again- If we were stealing money why would I bother talking to you? I will move as fast as we can to remedy this but if a buyer has to wait a few extra days I will have ignore their complaints because so many people have waited patiently..

Whats happening with the ones that arent prepared to wait any longer ?” We are working on something for these types of situations. We will fix EVERYONE..
This was not done by Shawn alone- this is the atmosphere here now.. A lot of people here got stung by that Howes guy and are now really upset (and justifiably so)- then some of the angrier people are now taking it out on Shawn and I’m just not going to allow it. Period. I will respond accordingly to what I am approached with. If someone comes to me and wants to work with me I will do EVERYTHING I can to get them their stuff. Even people that are pissed I will take their abuse because you are right- we dropped the ball..
But from…”people” like that “guy” I will take nothing. We owe him nothing and we will refuse any further business from him and anyone I feel may cause us further problems.. So we should have no issue there.
All I ask is you give us a chance. But that is up to you . If I have you OM infor you WILL get you stuff as soon as possible. But attacking me will result in being attacked.
It is what it is..

Foreverannoyed, I think you should really consider limiting your posts to just updates on Soveriegn Studios' backlog because you're causing more harm than good to Shaun and coming across as a ****** in the process.

Thanks for your opinion. You're right- I really should start listening more..
For instance: My mom had a saying some time ago- something about “it takes one….”

Maybe you know it..?
:duh

Frankly if that’s how you feel then no one is losing anything: you aren’t at any risk and we don’t have to deal with another potential ‘problem’ customer.

That is another thing I am here to do that Shawn is WAAAAY to nice to do- cut the fat.

Thanks for NOT ordering
Forever..

Cut the fat?....i think the phrase your looking for is turning away customers. If you want to learn how to correctly do business in this world take a leaf out of Russ lukich book the guy is a total gent and a professional

Last edited:
I'm posting this as a guy who was going to place two orders last week. I had to reread post #24 three times. Now that was some epic smack talkin' for size.:google I can get past the shipping time but the level of degenerate, knuckle-dragging, mouth breathin' responses by the assistant is truly stunning. To be fair, the response of "someone dying in the family" was ought of line too.

Some advice to Shawn, your assistant (Marc) is eroding your business with his tact customer service skills.

Where is NAM to defend them now?:duh

Last edited:
I didnt realise the guy was threatening or hoping for someones death in Shawns family . . out of order . . but I can understand his frustration and anger . . you get ignored . . and have your money taken . . . you get angry . . very angry

Give the man his money back

and Id say fair enough go your seperate ways and Gatack should avoid getting involved anymore in these discussions

No, you don't understand : HE HAS HIS ITEM!!
He attacked because it was a few DAYS late.
Just today I have THREE people that have been waiting since 08!!
This......"PERSON" is a...."PERSON of low value"...
Suffice it to say Shawn's WIFE had to read what that ....."PERSON" said and THAT made me go off.

but he has his stuff!

Cut the fat?....i think the phrase your looking for is turning away customers. If you want to learn how to correctly do business in this world take a leaf out of Russ lukich book the guy is a total gent and a professional

OOOoooooKayyyyyy....
Thanks... I think...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back