Sounds like "V" is going to be revisited

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: "V" : New show that ABC just picked up!

ridiculous.jpg

I like that she is wearing an ABC jumpsuit.

I loved the TV series when I was a kid but I have no plans to re-watch it on DVD. I'd rather remember it as being good. :lol
Ah, youth...
Y'know, I wish I had the sense to follow this advice more often. How many things in this world suck more than we remember as kids? Almost all.

All except the Muppet Show, which is actually way better than anyone could remember :rock

Isn't this the 4th version of V? Weren't there 2 in the 80's and 1 in the 90's on Scifi network?

I wasn't aware of aany show in the 90's.

I had all of the V series on Betamax and watched it till the tracking wore out. Ham Tyler (Michael Ironside) was my favorite character, such a bad ass. Just thinking about it, I remeber this show vividly.

Y'know, I wish I had the sense to follow this advice more often. How many things in this world suck more than we remember as kids? Almost all.

All except the Muppet Show, which is actually way better than anyone could remember :rock

Actually this is one thing that I re-watched as an adult and aside from the effects it really held up IMO. You don't get anything like that on TV anymore. It stands the test of time. :cool:

I loved V, but i am not sure about this. I will give it a go

Does anyone know when this will start?
As of now its slated as a midseason replacement show.
Isn't this the 4th version of V? Weren't there 2 in the 80's and 1 in the 90's on Scifi network?
There was no V in the 90's and nothing ever offered from SciFi Channel. 83-84 had consecutive mini-series followed by the regular series the following fall.
Actually this is one thing that I re-watched as an adult and aside from the effects it really held up IMO. You don't get anything like that on TV anymore. It stands the test of time. :cool:

It really isn't a bad show. It is dated in the 80's because thats when it took place. It didn't have the luxury of being set in the future where "time stamping" doesn't effect it as much. And the TV series was quite good up until they decided to cut the cast to save $ and sent Ham tyler off the show.

So I guess all of the talk of continuing the series was scrapped in favor of a remake. :( That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing the original cast come back. Can't say I'm interested in this.

So I guess all of the talk of continuing the series was scrapped in favor of a remake. :( That sucks. I was looking forward to seeing the original cast come back. Can't say I'm interested in this.

No, That idea is not scrapped. Warner Bros. holds certain rights as does Kenneth Johnson. Warner Bros opted for a new revisiting of the property via ABC while Johnson is still trying to get his "sequel" off the ground theatrically.

LOVED the show when i was a kid. i'll check it out since with the recent show cancellations I have nothing left to watch anyway.

I am all for it and really look forward to it. It was awesome when I was a kid and even now when I watch it on dvd, I think this is one remake worth Remaking.

my dad is a huge fan of V but I've never seen it. He has the old vhs of it it's real long I think?I think it's like a 2vhs set.

Back