Soul Calibur IV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be getting this tomorrow the 29th, as well. Although I don't really play fighting games online, I might have to try this one out in the online arena.....until I get my ass kicked that is. :lol

My Target had this game available Sunday but I just couldn't pull the trigger on it for some reason. I think I'm going to hold off and rent it. I may have out grown fighting games. :(

You got to be F'N kidding me. I just popped the game in and it's downloading a 16MB update. Granted, 16MB isn't the end of the world, but this is day one and they're finding bugs already?

Whatever happened to the days when developers had to make sure their software worked before they shipped it?

You got to be F'N kidding me. I just popped the game in and it's downloading a 16MB update. Granted, 16MB isn't the end of the world, but this is day one and they're finding bugs already?

Whatever happened to the days when developers had to make sure their software worked before they shipped it?

What makes you think it's a bug? Are you playing the 360 version?

Yoda is a broken character, apparently:

The real issue at hand is that Darth Vader feels like the only balanced character out of the three. Although the Apprentice isn't radically overpowered, some of his moves feel a bit on the absurd side. Plus, he can levitate and shoot lighting. That's tough to deal with. Yoda, on the other hand, is broken. As I feared since the first moment he was announced, Yoda's height makes him an almost ridiculous addition to the ensemble and he's quite possibly the worst thing to happen to Soulcalibur IV. Don't misunderstand: he's fun enough to play as but he's powerful, agile and, because he's so small, a surprising number of attacks go clear over his head. Furthermore, he can't be grabbed. Ever. He's completely immune to it -- even Yoda can't grab Yoda. This is a clear indication that Yoda's just there for kicks and shouldn't be taken seriously as a competitive character. He simply doesn't mesh well with the rest of the cast.

Vader, however, works just fine. He has a few fancy moves here and there but matches with and against him still felt balanced. Even though Yoda is an "inferior" character, 360 owners shouldn't be discouraged. He's just one character out of a collection of more than 30 fighters, so the experience doesn't suffer because of him. If anything, you can just elect to ignore him on the character select screen.

the rest of the IGN review: https://xbox360.ign.com/articles/894/894583p1.html

Yoda and the Apprentice unbalanced? I'm gonna hate playing retarded Yodas online, button-mashing bastards and they're only knee high!

Last edited:
Enjoyed playing this afternoon. Though I was REALLY sick of seeing Tika, Amy, and Xaungwhateverhernameis while was online.

Back