Sota's Now Playing...dead? If so...how far did it go?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
My kid collects these. We kind of lost track/interest until we went to Fear Fair last night. Now his interest is revived. How far and how many different characters did they do? Thank you.:angelsmil

Not sure, but the quality is pretty meh. I had the LOTD zombies and they were a bit of a let down.

I would really like to know if they ever released their American Werewolf figure though, I remember seeing it for preorder but could never actually find it anywhere. Not the nazi demon, the wolf itself. If anyone knows or has it I'd love to see some pics.

The wolf was canceled.

For all intents and purposes, outside of the occasional statue release, SOTA Toys is dead. Once Jerry sold the company, they kind of went down the toilet really fast. Now Playing is dead, I believe the last release was the Land of the Dead line.

The only SOTA figures I have are The Creeper from Jeepers Creepers, the werewolf from Dog Soldiers and the Killer Klown from Killer Klowns From Outter Space.

i miss the sota street fighter line...a lot of bang for your buck with that line

:banana

SOT10190.jpg

series 1 and series 2 were solid. series 3 was pretty crappy lots of cost cutting on the paint but they certainly could be impressive once repainted. They had designed another Killer Klown, Dr. Herbert West, Leprechaun, Tremors Burt vs Graboid boxed set, American Werewolf in London set including the ripped up ghost guy and the werewolf. all that stuff was even up for pre-order.

I bought a couple Dog Soldiers figures and one of the Killer Klowns..it's actually the Storefront Klown and the 2nd piecewas the Shadow Puppet Klown aka Slim which Amoktime now has and I've been told still plan to make. That being said, I'm still waitng for their figure of Shorty to be released first.. ;)

Back