SooSoo Toys Katana - Suicide Squad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with Justin that this is their best figure so far. I barely remember the character from the one time I watched the movie, but I'd almost be tempted to pick one up anyway just based on her look and outfit alone.

Ordered one of these and just received it. VERY NICE.
The bar keeps getting raised by some of these smaller companies. GOOD WORK SOOSOO!

I hope some company will start make some money, actually buy some license and start a legal competition for Hot Toys. Threezero sucks and isn't enough.

I hope some company will start make some money, actually buy some license and start a legal competition for Hot Toys. Threezero sucks and isn't enough.

I hope to see more companies start paying up for licenses to release legit stuff too. I know some license like Suicide Squad/DC comics is very unlikely but for a lot of licenses I knew it's possible to pursue and make a legit collectible.

I like Threezero. The headsculpts quite often are hit and miss. But the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Transformers were really well done.

While the figure is definitely good for the price, the swords look horribly cheap to me. The katana itself even had a piece flake off and embedded itself into my skin when I ran a finger across it. After digging that out I put the katana back in the box and wound up using one that looks like an actual 1:6 scale katana (folded metal detail and everything) from a pop toys samurai figure. It even fits well with Katana's theme, with the gold on the hilt and the small flower insignia. Not movie accurate sure, but I couldn't stand to have the katana that came with it on display.

blades.jpg
For comparison the Soosootoys Katana is on the left and the Pop Toys one is on the right. Major misstep, especially for a character who's whole gimmick is her sword.

Aside from that, the figure is nicely executed, again especially for the price in comparison to other 1:6 figures. I really like the facesculpt and the outfit is fairly well done too.Though I wish the boots weren't one piece, and that the figures arms didn't look so cheap (though that's really only noticeable if you look close enough when they're exposed). Honestly if they had put a bit more effort into this figure it would have been perfect. Overall though I don't regret my purchase, and am happy to display it with a couple changes.

As you mentioned the folded metal edge, I did find it odd that SooSoo put the hamon line on the tanto but not the katana.

The SooSoo katana is serviceable, but comparing it to Hot Toys' Wolverine or Baby Doll, for example, shows it up as only passable. But acceptable for the price of the figure considered as a whole.

I got mine yesterday and the wrist peg was in tow pieces. Not broken. I put it back together. I was never a fan of the boots and always intended to swap them out, but to do that I had the swap the body. So I did, to a Tbleague. I'll add some posing pictures soon. Just wanted to share a few pic now. Please enjoy.

DSC07075 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07076 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07077 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Back