Sonya Blade

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rockstars721

Super Freak
Reaction score
My apologies if there is already a thread for this, but I wasn't able to find one.

There's an upcoming Sonya Blade Premium Format coming from a company called Syco Collectibles. Has anyone ever owned something from this company before? The PF looks great, I'm considering ordering it.

Sonya-1808.jpg

More pics here.

Thoughts?

Yeah it looks pretty cool. They did an awesome job with the pose and overall dynamics of it. Plus the base is excellent.

Thats a cool statue, and i love MK. But if i didnt know who it was meant to be id of never guessed

Thats a cool statue, and i love MK. But if i didnt know who it was meant to be id of never guessed

It should be pretty obvious if you have played 9. This city terrain is from one of the stages, her outfit is her secondary costume, and of course she is doing her famous kiss of death.

Ive not chose anybody but scorpion or Ermac for about 10 years. And for MK 9 i was a master with Smoke but i never took note of any 2ndary kostumes

Well, to be honest, after doing a little more digging, my excitement kind of waned when I saw this.

tumblr_lykx9jomI71qfxwtoo1_500.jpg

Kind of an obvious rip off. I still like the statue though.

looks like another generic big_boob_girl_003, face also doesnt look good. Maybe for a $100....otherwise no thanks.

Well, to be honest, after doing a little more digging, my excitement kind of waned when I saw this.

tumblr_lykx9jomI71qfxwtoo1_500.jpg

Kind of an obvious rip off. I still like the statue though.

I knew about that too, I was wondering how many posts it would take for it to be brought up, lol!

Sonya has been my fave MK character since MK1 in the arcades, but I haven't been thrilled with Syco's statue efforts for her so far.

On this one I think the face sculpt is awful, looks like a blow up doll or something, and the poorly detailed spaghetti hair and cheap toy looking glasses don't do it any additional favours either. And I'm not exactly thrilled about the art rip off aspect to the pose either, just on general principal, but that's neither here nor there really. The base doesn't make a whole lot of character sense either.

The tailoring is top notch though, paint looks pretty well done, and the proportions are good...but then in the case of the latter they ripped off a pretty good artist, so I suppose if they're doing their job right then they should be. :lol

Even as a huge MK and Sonya Blade fan, this was an easy pass for me. I had high hopes, but this, for me at least, didn't meet them. To each their own though.

Not a fan of this at all. I didn't like most of the MK9's female character/costume designs. Appealing to the boys is one thing, but the comically oversized breasts hanging out of the slutty, impractical outfit concept got ridiculous.

Anyone got this? I've been looking around for it, seems to be out of stock everywhere so I guess there's been some demand at least.

I don't think it was ever released. There as a rather large kerfluffle regarding licensing agreements and territories and it turned out the guy behind Syco was misleading and lying to quite a few people, sculptors, licensors, etc. There were a lot of threads at Statue Forum about it.

Something about Syco's head being hunted down by Interpol (I seriously heard this somewhere) so the whole thing exploded. IMO this is just a coverup by the Illuminati. They need more revenue to help stay in control of the world so they had to resort to the niche market where they thought no one would suspect them.

Back