Sons Of Anarchy Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, didn't help that Unser told Gemma that Tara made a deal and Jax was going to jail not knowing what was going on himself either. I wonder if Jax would think that Unser either helped Gemma with the murders or even just blame him once he finds out what happened since he started the ball rolling with Gemma. I saw the writing on the wall for Tara as soon as her and Jax made up and sealed it when Gemma "duped" Unser and ditched him.

The thing that really bugged me about the writing was Jax not shown trying to get a hold of Gemma to tell her what was going on at any point even up to when he was going to turn himself in. He didn't have anyone even attempt to find her until the Unser visit. He told Bobby and Chibs to go whatever Tara asked but Gemma would have the biggest issue with that I would think. He would have to know that with the recent events between Gemma and Tara that there would be some sort of trouble. I know Jax had a lot going on but it just seems like lazy writing to get to the end game. I need to rewatch it though and see if I missed something there though.

When Unser visited, Jax told him that they'd been trying to get ahold of her and let her know, that she wasn't answering her phone, which we know, is because she was wallowing in her own self pity, getting drunk and high at home.

When Unser visited, Jax told him that they'd been trying to get ahold of her and let her know, that she wasn't answering her phone, which we know, is because she was wallowing in her own self pity, getting drunk and high at home.

Yeah, I remembered the discussion about the call after my post but there was still no one out actively trying to find her until after the discussion with Unser. Jax also could have easily called Unser to tell him what exactly was going on and to have him try find her or contact her since they are close. It was just a lack of urgency knowing the recent issues between Gemma and Tara. Also why send Juice and then tell him that you know he betrayed you before he leaves?

Last edited:
The thing that really bugged me about the writing was Jax not shown trying to get a hold of Gemma to tell her what was going on at any point even up to when he was going to turn himself in.

:lecture

The ending could have been averted with one phone call or text message.

If this has been brought up already my apologies, but the first thing I thought of when Jax found his lady hotdog-forked to death and the black sheriff who's always being excused from rooms is, Jax is gonna blame the Mayans (and by association Nero and the Chinese) for it. Especially when he finds out (coincidentally) that hours earlier they murked Marks' dudes and ganked the gun shipment.

Also I think the reason Juice helped Gemma and covered it all up was not only because she helped him out in a tough situation with the whole naked O.D. incident but also because (he felt) it was the right thing to do. Something he talked to Jax about before busting Clay out i.e. doing more bad than good. Right or wrong, he felt it was the right thing to do.

I agree. I don't think Juice did it to frame Jax. He was just trying to help. And we know what happens when Juice tries to help.

Has it been officially announced that season 7 will be the last? I really hope it is. I like the show but I do not want it to overstay it's welcome which IMO it is flirting with...

At this point, I think there will be few who survive the final season. I think it would be totally appropriate to have both Jax and Gemma die but it might be fitting to have at least one of them survive and have to live with their own loneliness and sorrow.

I could see Gemma living. I know this follows Hamlet, but her living with all the damage she's caused to pretty much everyone she's ever cared about would be fitting. She would be like Michael Corleone....die old and alone having destroyed everyone and everything she's ever cared about.

Finally had time to watch the finale :eek

Tara is dead :( ....I felt so bad for her dying so brutally when things were about to go good for her.

Maybe their was no other choice BUT to kill her off, anyone notice Tara looked kinda pregnant? They tried to hide it with her shirt but in some scenes you could definitely tell she had a large belly.

Still though, felt bad the way she went out and you could really feel Jax's pain at the end.

Dam good tv :yess:

Chris

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about sticking to the Hamlet script there has to be some form of judgement coming Gemma's way. I honestly cannot remember the last time I wanted a TV character to get what they deserve more than her. She's well written most of the time and adds a lot to the show but she HAS to die.

It's not like Sutter is really following Hamlet beat for beat. Hamlet has mainly been useful for forecasting who will live and die.

Ophelia wasn't murdered in Hamlet, she drowned in a way that strongly suggested she had committed suicide. Tara spent most of this season desperate enough for that to be a possibility.

Hamlet was also different re: Clay's death. King Claudius dies in the last act of Hamlet.

Death is too easy for Gemma. Fisto is right, she needs to lose everything/everyone she cares about and end up alone, her biggest fear.

- JT (dead)
- Clay (dead)
- Jax (dead/in prison/witness protection/leaves with kids?)
- Nero (Turned his back on her, will probably end up dead)
- Wendy (She will leave with full custody of the boys once she gets cleaned up)
- The club. Even if Jax is out as Prez, there is no way Bobby will support Gemma after what she has done. I don't see any of them taking her out without Jax' approval, but they will shut her out.

Gemma's final scene will be holding Unser's hand as he dies, the one last person on earth that truly cares about her, that she crapped on the entire time.

Finally had time to watch the finale :eek

Tara is dead :( ....I felt so bad for her dying so brutally when things were about to go good for her.

Maybe their was no other choice BUT to kill her off, anyone notice Tara looked kinda pregnant? They tried to hide it with her shirt but in some scenes you could definitely tell she had a large belly.

Still though, felt bad the way she went out and you could really feel Jax's pain at the end.

Dam good tv :yess:

Chris

Yup, she looked pregnant on the aftershow.

It's not like Sutter is really following Hamlet beat for beat. Hamlet has mainly been useful for forecasting who will live and die.

Ophelia wasn't murdered in Hamlet, she drowned in a way that strongly suggested she had committed suicide. Tara spent most of this season desperate enough for that to be a possibility.

Hamlet was also different re: Clay's death. King Claudius dies in the last act of Hamlet.

Tara, to some extent, did commit suicide. If she hadn't tried to work a deal, Gemma wouldn't have killed her, and the bin full of water in the sink was also a nice nod to how Ophelia died. Given how long this show's gone on, I'd also say we're in the last act now, with everything set up for the finale, so Clay's death is also fairly consistent.

I found myself in a stunned silence when the finale had finished. The death I'm most upset about is Eli's. I'm a tiny bit upset about Tara, only as things started to look good and therefore make her look good. Though she had been nothing but annoying this season, so several times I was hoping something would happen to her.

One thing I am glad about however, is that Nero will be in the next season too. I love his character, and Jimmy Smits is a fine actor.

I know this is a stretch. But I thought what if Juice ran off with the kids? He wants to do some good. Might be his best chance to escape the club and raise the kids. Yes I know that's a big stretch. :rotfl

I do think Jax will have a hand in Gemma's demise. I really do.

Good timing on her exit. I'd hate to see them pull an Agent Scully where all of her scenes are sitting at a table or a voice on the phone.

Back