Something we ALL have wanted to do

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But... in the same manner, if I talk ____ to someone over the phone and get stabbed, it's not the phone's fault :lol.

But your looking at it with the element of the game taken out. The game is also the vessel. They were talking trash over the game, and he was upset about this guy perhaps being better at the game than he was, and beating him? Thus it was the game or better the games influences in perhaps his hurt pride or anger, that pushed this obviously mentally unstable human waste to be a dumb ass.

Over the phone you aren't aren't directly engaged in something that starts the argument. Only the discussion itself is to blame, so if I call someone a jackass, I'm directly insulting him via the phone. But if I call someone a jackass online while gaming, most likely it's due to something happening in the game that is causing me to call him that.

But your looking at it with the element of the game taken out. The game is also the vessel. They were talking trash over the game, and he was upset about this guy perhaps being better at the game than he was, and beating him? Thus it was the game or better the games influences in perhaps his hurt pride or anger, that pushed this obviously mentally unstable human waste to be a dumb ass.

Over the phone you aren't aren't directly engaged in something that starts the argument. Only the discussion itself is to blame, so if I call someone a jackass, I'm directly insulting him via the phone. But if I call someone a jackass online while gaming, most likely it's due to something happening in the game that is causing me to call him that.

The game would be the catalyst, but that doesn't mean ____. It's clear the guy had mental issues. An easy counter argument would be the millions who play that DON'T do this vs. the one moron who did.

Yep but that one morons motive was the due to the game.

:cuckoo: It could've been a commuter on the train, a bicyclist who cut him off, the news anchor on the TV. It doesn't change the fact that the dude was clearly a nutbag. If you analyze it, it's not the game that's at fault but moreso his inability to deal with reality.

Oh no doubt he had no grasp on reality what so ever. I'm not arguing the fact the guy has a few screws loose. He was willing to take a human life before some guy beat him in a knife fight online.

Oh no doubt he had no grasp on reality what so ever. I'm not arguing the fact the guy has a few screws loose. He was willing to take a human life before some guy beat him in a knife fight online.

But that's not the video game's fault. Really, if there's anybody to blame, it's likely his parents. :lol

I think a big part of the significance as well is the fact that this guy spent six months trying to track this guy down over the incident a game. Six months and this guy couldn't cool down over this?

I don't see this as a condemnation of gaming in any way. I see it as be wary of who you're ____-talking online, because the dude might not be all there. At least in reality you can get a vibe from someone and know when to steer clear.

I think a big part of the significance as well is the fact that this guy spent six months trying to track this guy down over the incident a game. Six months and this guy couldn't cool down over this?

I don't see this as a condemnation of gaming in any way. I see it as be wary of who you're ____-talking online, because the dude might not be all there. At least in reality you can get a vibe from someone and know when to steer clear.

thats what l mean . the game had nothing to do with this , the guy who was stabbed said something very very bad to this guy. and the guy is a psycho who could not handle it.

Back