Somehow Rey Returned

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't stand the word "woke." I can't stand that I had to type it. Everything associated with that word, on both sides, drives me nuts. When someone says it, or in this case types it, gets a big groan from me.
I'm with Dave. Make a damn good movie. If it's got an agenda, great that never bothers me. Get me to invest in the characters and story.
I recently viewed Barbie. Granted it's not meant for me, but it was a snoozefest. Did it have an agenda? I don't know. I don't care. I wouldn't call it "woke" and get my panties in a wad (yeah, I know). It was just not for me. Oppenheimer is more my cup of tea, but even that I need to be in the right frame of mind to see.
I have no desire to see a Rey movie, but I'll see it at some point and decide whether it's good or bad. Not whether it's got an agenda or not.
Hate to tell you, but I noticed this in an Andor Season 2 pic:

bath.png

True, but the other side isn't waiting before dishing on the hate. Films and series being bashed before they are even seen is way more of a problem than celebrating diversity in a cast before the film is made.....

Look at the pink Godzilla foofah and anything resembling a female superhero lead in a film.....instant backlash.....before the film is even out.

The best directed episodes in some of the recent SW series have been directed by a woman, yet no one acknowledges it aside from it being good.

For every SW content thats been liked, we never ever head praise for KK, (its always the writers and directors) but the INSTANT its panned, its all KK fault.....

For every "diversity celebrating" video on Youtube, I would estimate 10 "woke" "lib" videos....
You're putting the cart before the horse - when studios/producers have done what Dave says time and time again for over a decade, fans/auds get cynical fast and will start to bag it as soon as the next one appears.

I'm not saying their are no movies with agendas. There have been many. What I'm saying is give me a good movie first then your stupid agenda. Part of the reason I don't like Peele movies. They are stupid along with stupid agendas.

When does Star Wars go public domain? lol there is your chance right there. Steam boat Willie got public domain and now they are making horror movies about him. Perhaps they will be more creative with Star Wars.

Now that we pretty much already know that this movie is going to be preachy and fully antagonistic against its core audience it'll be amusing to watch the marketing campaign try to pretend otherwise.

I expect a series of "it has all led to this" ads with copious clips of the OT and probably PT as well. They probably know that Hayden is now a fan favorite and will make sure that he appears somewhere in the movie as a vision or something like with Ahsoka so that his suit can be all over the trailers and posters and such.

The director says she likes to make men feel uncomfortable. Expect another divisive Disney hit. And by hit I mean flop.

How many times will they fail before they learn to focus on just making a good story? I was one of those folk who back in 2015 was excited to finally see a female lead in Rey and for the first what, 1/3 of the film or so I was really enjoying her character until the quote unquote "Mary Sue" characterization crept in. Same goes for FInn, I was loving his story up until he was cheering for killing his equally victimized comrades he had grown up with and failed to talk or behave like someone who had the backstory he was given. Disney really ruined the characters they introduced at the same that they were ruining Luke, Han and Leia.

I truly hope the Rey movie (if it doesn't get indefinitely delayed aka cancelled) is a great movie. We need a hit. It feels like the last good Star Wars movie was Rogue One (Solo was just OK) and all the others were just bad. The franchise is on life support again after Mando s3 failed and Ahsoka fizzled out. in less than 10 years the most profitable and beloved franchise on the planet went from the excitement of rebirth and endless possibility to the point of general apathy from the bulk of the public, diminishing returns, a failing toy line that often now isn't even present in stores outside of lego and long time fans quitting. All that because Disney thought the built in audience was not good enough and they wanted girls to love what was mainly a boys brand. Plenty girls already liked that boys brand just how it was, Disney just couldn't help but try to fix what wasn't broken and the result is increasingly universal rejection.

How hilarious that fashion maven Diane Von F (in blue) created these DVF awards... and then named them after herself. :lol

She's married to Barry Diller (bizarre in itself...) so it has this strangely meta aspect - Hollywood congratulating itself for championing women - yet DVF signed the petition to release Roman Polanski after he was arrested for the historic case of the 13-year-old girl.

And Hillary herself must be holding her breath re: her pro-women-in-every-way husband over the next 24 hours. 😬

Last edited:
The director says she likes to make men feel uncomfortable. Expect another divisive Disney hit. And by hit I mean flop.

How many times will they fail before they learn to focus on just making a good story? I was one of those folk who back in 2015 was excited to finally see a female lead in Rey and for the first what, 1/3 of the film or so I was really enjoying her character until the quote unquote "Mary Sue" characterization crept in. Same goes for FInn, I was loving his story up until he was cheering for killing his equally victimized comrades he had grown up with and failed to talk or behave like someone who had the backstory he was given. Disney really ruined the characters they introduced at the same that they were ruining Luke, Han and Leia.

I truly hope the Rey movie (if it doesn't get indefinitely delayed aka cancelled) is a great movie. We need a hit. It feels like the last good Star Wars movie was Rogue One (Solo was just OK) and all the others were just bad. The franchise is on life support again after Mando s3 failed and Ahsoka fizzled out. in less than 10 years the most profitable and beloved franchise on the planet went from the excitement of rebirth and endless possibility to the point of general apathy from the bulk of the public, diminishing returns, a failing toy line that often now isn't even present in stores outside of lego and long time fans quitting. All that because Disney thought the built in audience was not good enough and they wanted girls to love what was mainly a boys brand. Plenty girls already liked that boys brand just how it was, Disney just couldn't help but try to fix what wasn't broken and the result is increasingly universal rejection.
I think the success of Barbie is probably what’s driving this forward. It was a pro feminist movie but it did have messages for men as well. And very good messages. Also it’s fine for Barbie to be a pro feminist movie. It’s Barbie. Star Wars is for everyone. Making half of your fanbase “uncomfortable” won’t bring you money. I don’t know why they keep doing this.

Happened with ghost busters and Charlie’s angels

This movie isn’t for men it’s for women.

Nobody sees it

“so you’d rather support a 5th Spider-Man reboot than a women lead film”

Huh? The logic isn’t logicing

I think the success of Barbie is probably what’s driving this forward. It was a pro feminist movie but it did have messages for men as well. And very good messages. Also it’s fine for Barbie to be a pro feminist movie. It’s Barbie. Star Wars is for everyone. Making half of your fanbase “uncomfortable” won’t bring you money. I don’t know why they keep doing this.

Happened with ghost busters and Charlie’s angels

This movie isn’t for men it’s for women.

Nobody sees it

“so you’d rather support a 5th Spider-Man reboot than a women lead film”

Huh? The logic isn’t logicing
Logic left the world's chat room a looong time ago. :lol

Back