Soldierstory: 1st SFOD-D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pull the pin out with pliers. Don't be afraid to apply some pressure - as long as you heat the head up good (i boil water and then dump head into it for 30sec-1min) and do not apply excessive force, you should be good (just make sure to pull it out at the right angle, if you try to pull it out to the side, you can bend the pin).

Alexei

this guy looks awesome. soldier story is one of those companies where i'd like to have pretty much everything they do. i think they all look great for the most part.

I'm not too fond of the gloves or boots though. Dunno why, I just prefer the sculpted looks more as while these look passable, neither the gloves nor boots look as clean as they should. That and the fact that I don't have to go insane feeding the hands into the gloves, nor blind tying the boots. :lol

Added my own personal touches...

sfodd01.jpg

sfodd02.jpg

sfodd03.jpg

sfodd04.jpg

sfodd05.jpg

sfodd06.jpg

sfodd07.jpg

That 3-point looks like a tangled disaster. Personally, I'd cut it down into a drop-sling. Not only is it a bit more accurate, but if your poor delta had to drop and return fire..... :horror :lol

That 3-point looks like a tangled disaster. Personally, I'd cut it down into a drop-sling. Not only is it a bit more accurate, but if your poor delta had to drop and return fire..... :horror :lol

Though it appears that way, it's actually not tangled at all. I suppose it looks like a goat fvck because I manipulated the sling to show off the flashbangs for the shots. That and probably just the angle of the shot itself. If he were to drop it he could still effectively unholster his sidearm and charlie mike without the primary weapon getting in the way. Good suggestion about the drop sling though. I might just adopt it. :)

Here is a good friend of mine assigned to 3rd SFG. We wore our flashbangs the same way during MOUT ops in Iraq...

chuckf.jpg

Last edited:
^^^awesome pics man. too bad i have decided to get rid of mine. i really wanted to get into the military 1/6, but don't have the money to do it so i'll be putting this one up in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

^^^awesome pics man. too bad i have decided to get rid of mine. i really wanted to get into the military 1/6, but don't have the money to do it so i'll be putting this one up in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Too bad you decided to quit. Send the figure to me, I'll assemble it and send it back, take the hassle out of it for you:)

Alexei

Actually I've seen some people who do not like to put them together. I guess it's different for everyone. For me putting it together is fun because this is pretty much the only time I get to "play" with the figure; once its assembled and posed, it goes on a shelve/display cabinet and stays there. McFarlane military "figures" (statues) cannot be posed, yet they have a large following...

Alexei

Actually I've seen some people who do not like to put them together. I guess it's different for everyone. For me putting it together is fun because this is pretty much the only time I get to "play" with the figure; once its assembled and posed, it goes on a shelve/display cabinet and stays there. McFarlane military "figures" (statues) cannot be posed, yet they have a large following...

Alexei

I collect the McFarlane Military line as well. All I need is but two figures to complete the collection. I guess you could say those whetted my appetite for the 1/6 military figures. If they made 1/4 scale premium formats, I'd probably collect those too. But you're right. Some folks just want to have something cool to look at without putting in the work. But I get a sense of accomplishment after spending some time putting together a complex boxed figure set, or finally completing a bash I've spent time researching and gathering parts for. That makes this hobby truly worthwhile for me. :)

I only have one Military figure in my collection. The Soldiers Story EOD. Its an excellent figure but it was so difficult strapping the pockets to the vest. The end of the straps are glued to give you a point but they split apart when i was threading them so i had to tape the ends with scotch tape, and then some of the loops on the vest were to small fit through. I dont know how i finally did it. You really have to be an expert to put it together.

Also the vest itself needs to be adjusted ( there are no instructions) Inside the shoulder strap of the vest there is a metal wire, which goes thru the fabric to the back of the vest. You need to open the velcrow in the back and pull the bendy wire( which was tide in a knot ) out of a strap inside and move it to a lower notch to give more slack to the shoulder straps so you can pull them forward to let the front of the vest to hang down lower so it fits. ( If any of that makes sense :sick )

And finally the gloves were a pain in the ass to get on:duh Because the opening for the glove is actually smaller than the bendy hands. ( why isn't the opening made out of elastic :confused::lol ) For a while I had him set up with the plastic hands on my shelf but then i was like "No DaMmit! he's supposed to be wearing those GLOVES!!! :mad:" I had to use tweasers and a tooth pick. It took 3 days but i got both hands into the gloves and I only tore one of them a little.

Anyway once its finished it looks great.

For the price you pay ( usually under $100 ) Soldier Story makes a really quality product and you get so much equipment- its a steal!

The Body is excellent. Very tall with great articulation

The clothing is very well made and detailed.

Head sculpt not bad. nice paint apps.

And there's plenty of velcro Badges to swap on the uniform to customize it

I would like to see what Soldier Story could do with an actual license

3 days on the gloves?? :rotfl

Sorry, man. I'm not laughing at you, but with you. It might take me 3 days or more to complete a figure once I get started, unless I just have the entire place to myself and the wife and kid are gone. But seldom do I get to work through a figure in one sitting, so I feel your pain. A technique that helped me get gloves on the bendy hands is to wet the gloves first. It's a trick I learned from being in the army. Whenever we had trouble putting on tight fitting items (i.e. the old Kevlar helmet covers), we'd wet it first and they'd slip on with relative ease due to the fact that the fabric loosens and stretches a bit. Same principle applies to the fabric gloves for bending hands. You'll still need to exercise some patience, but it does make it a bit easier to slip the gloves on. I'll admit that once I tried putting on a pair of the Toy Soldier nomex gloves onto a set of BBI bendy hands, and that required several hours of labor. It was a painful experience having bruised, bleeding and sore fingers, but it paid off in the end. As far as weaving the pouches, that is where I log in the most man hours putting these figures together. I use needle nose tweezers to push the straps into the weave and then pull it through when it emerges on the other side. If the straps become a bit frayed in the process I just put a lighter to it and burn the ends a little. While still heated, I might pull at the end of the strap to shape it into a fine point. I does help if you have a general working knowledge of the equipment you're assembling. Even though I know how most of this stuff works based on my own real life 1:1 experience, it's fun to research things I'm not 100% familiar with, which makes it quite the learning experience at the same time. Truly rewarding when all said and done. :)

Back