Soap Studio Batman 1989 and Batman v Superman 1:12 lines

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Soap Studio Batman 1989 1:12 line

They are based in Hong Kong like Hot Toys, their 1/12 Tumbler is nice but the price was set too high, They set the price at $5500 HKD (~$700 USD) but not many people bought it, and now I've seen local toy stores selling it at $4000 (still nobody wants), I wouldn't be surprised if the price keep dropping.

And for this year's Toy Soul (Toy convention in Hong Kong), they are releasing a 1/12 RC batfleck mobile, and they are doing the same thing again (setting the price at $5000)
vvv1.jpg
?????????????1:12 RC??????????????

If they're making anything for 89 Batman, it'll probably be another RC batmobile, but for me at least, I'd much rather have a 1/12 batmobile with no function but with a more affortable price, than have to pay that much for RC

They deserve to be better known.They put out some really cool and innovative product.

Hey guys. I visited their office today. I'll post more pics and info in here later tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, that looks awesome.

I'll post some more details of this car tomorrow. I have seen both the 1/12 figures as well, but they are very early stages of development so I wont post those for now. I need some sleep now. lol
Theres a couple of other Soap threads that I have updated as well tonight. Feel free to check them out.

Also I know what will be shown for the 1989 product, however I think I'll let Soap announce it themselves first before I add anything to it. Enjoy.

Feel free to ask any questions as well.

Thanks for sharing Chockles. Really nice of you to take your time talking with them and sharing your pics. Looking forward to see what try have up their sleeve.

I thought their Tumbler was like upwards of $600, if I'm not mistaken.

I just checked their site. Their "deluxe pack" with the 6" Batman figure and the diorama base is $899 USD.

Oh wow...that's insane.

sad thing is they wont sell their figure separate... You HAVE to buy it withe the Batmobile.... And these run about $7/800

That's way too much for me. Those are HT prices.

Hey guys, thanks for checking out the photos and thanks for the input.

Just want to share some more details with you regarding this product.

As you can see, the Batmobile is 1/12 scaled. The one in the picture is slightly inaccurate in size and will change. This will be downscale correctly during production. Remember that this is still early stages and work in progress. The paint job is nowhere done and the details still needs working on.

For now, theres no LED on the vehicle, but the final product will have nine spread across it. If you have followed their previous 1/12 tumbler, you will notice that this is similar in functionality. You can control the thing with ios/android.

The updated features for this particular car is that the turbo mode speed has increased to 50% (The tumbler could only go upto 30%)
Also the front facing camera, this has been upgraded from 480p to 720p recording.

The front machine gun can also be controlled and its rotatable. The door you see now is just a placeholder, the final product will open and close like a batwing motion.

Back