So who's getting Frodo PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
speedracer said:
that's close enough for me..i wouldn't want to be short of a frodo when all is said and done with this line..:D

I've ordered it the first day it came up for preorder and I'm not canceling it... as I can afford two PF per year (I'm a Star Wars collector) I can continue the LOTR PF Collection, I would be happy though If a new announcement will be made soon... well I actually could afford even 3 or 4 LOTR PF per year so come on announce something like Gandalf, please Sideshow....

Got this on pre-order...after having seen the Lurtz on my desk, I cannot cancel this one...the LOTR PF figures are quite amazing...Lurtz was a big question mark for me as I never had a PF before...now I am sold...hopefully Frodo will come in solid as well. As for likeness, I think it is decent...WAY better than the 12-Inch Aragorn but no where near the Lurtz likeness...that one is SPOT ON!

Can't wait for another announcement Sideshow!

Geb

I cancelled Frodo after I saw him at Comic Con. Lurtz was breathtaking so I kept that pre-order...and I'm so glad I did. I decided to only collect 12" LOTR and move onto Star Wars PF & 12" figures. In cancelling Frodo, I pre-ordered Jabba & the environment.

Of course Lurtz was spot on. The 12" Aragorn was pretty decent actually. As a matter of fact it seemed like most folks where pretty pleased with it once they saw it in person. It's not spot on much the same with Frodo but they are both pretty close.

Really! I wasn't impressed with Frodo. The clothing was excellent but the figure as a whole (especially the facial expression and pose) didn't impress me.

Actually, seeing Frodo as Comic Con made me decide not to collect PF LOTR. I'm going to keep Lurtz (especially since I have lucky number 7)...in hopes that a Boromir or Aragorn is made to compliment this figure.

Zoomaround said:
Really! I wasn't impressed with Frodo. The clothing was excellent but the figure as a whole (especially the facial expression and pose) didn't impress me.

Actually, seeing Frodo as Comic Con made me decide not to collect PF LOTR. I'm going to keep Lurtz (especially since I have lucky number 7)...in hopes that a Boromir or Aragorn is made to compliment this figure.

ok that's coo. Can't say I agree but it's cool.

I am really looking forward to Frodo! I think the sculpt is pretty accurate, but that is just my opinion. Sideshow did a great job of capturing the protagonist of the story really well. Frodo isn't portrayed as mighty or heroic, but apprehensive and clearly on the defensive. I am a little sad that he doesn't have the phial that Galadriel gives him (how cool would a light-up feature be!:D ), but apart from that, I am really pleased and look forward to the finished product!

I'm gonna wait till after he's released before i decide if i should get him... and after i have seen all the pictures all you freaks will post:D

[/QUOTE]

I've always had a problem with SS skin tone color choice. From Buffy, Boromir and now Frodo. Everyfigure looks like they came out of a tanning booth.

Going strictly by the prototype pics you are right, but I highly doubt that it will look that way once it ships. The one they had on display in San Diego sure didn't.

soloblaster said:
Andy Bergholtz should've sculpted this peice... or Steve West. They are far more talented artist than Matt Falls. :monkey1

Matt is pretty damn good himself.

Mat sculpted the Obi-Wan PF, which gets my vote for the best likeness in the PF line.

However, Andy has a dang near faultless track record. He is the MVP of Sideshow sculptors in my book.

jlcmsu said:
It's not perfect but it's pretty solid.

not sure if anyone around here does repaints or work on PFs but a few things that would help this (if SS doesn't rework it themselves before release)...

lighten the eyebrows
darken the eye color
biggest prob i see is his nostrils need to be wider, but that'd require a bit of sculpting.
his mouth is a tiny bit to low. not much u can do about that though.

and glue some real hair on that boy! normally slapping hair over a sculpt would make the hair look TOO bushy or thick but it wouldn't here.

For once, I think real hair would be the correct choice for a PF

Last edited:
jlcmsu said:
I'll have a pretty hard time getting any PF with real hair.

Me too, because I aint a hairstylist. I get enough crap for futzing with costumes from my wife, but playing with their hair? No chance. I'm secure with my "manly-ness" (lol) but playing with hair is NOT what I need to do. MAYBE if a PF Chewie had hair and looked great, would I do it. But Chewie is always the exception:chew :chew :chew

Back