So who's getting Frodo PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khev

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm really not blown away by this PF like I am some others but I want to have a PF of the primary hero from SW, LOTR, and Marvel Comics.

So I've got Dagobah Luke and Captain America on pre-order and...

...my wait list order just converted for Frodo. :monkey3

If the production version sucks I'll cancel and get Gandalf or Aragorn to represent LOTR instead but just in case the production version turns out to be a winner I thought "what the heck, see if the wait list comes through."

Well it did so for now I'm one of the thousand. :frodo

Who else is getting this controversial PF?

When did you get on the wait list?

I have him coming also. That's the only item I have on pre-order right now. I am still waiting for a P.F. Jack Bauer to be announced someday.

:cool:

Khev said:
I'm really not blown away by this PF like I am some others but I want to have a PF of the primary hero from SW, LOTR, and Marvel Comics.

So I've got Dagobah Luke and Captain America on pre-order and...
So does this mean you have the Spider-Man PF, because he is the face of Marvel not Cap. :monkey3

wookilar8 said:
So does this mean you have the Spider-Man PF, because he is the face of Marvel not Cap. :monkey3
:lol

Too true, too true. Both Spidey and Hulk are definitely more well known in pop culture today but for me Cap will always be the most dynamic fighter and truest hero of the Marvel universe.

Similarly Gandalf and R2-D2 are probably more "iconic" LOTR and SW heroes but I've got to give it to Frodo and Luke.

The ideal Frodo PF would be of him holding Galadriel's vial in Shelob's lair sans his hobbit vest but with only two LOTR PF's a year I doubt we'll see another Frodo anytime soon, if ever.

Funny, my wait list order for Aragorn at the Black Gates was converted this week as well.

Seems the wait list is active again for LOTR items.

I have one on order and if he turns out half as nice as Lurtz, he will be a winner.

I have him on pre-order and am looking forward to getting this PF. The sculpt and clothing are quite nice looking in person. I just hope the final product turns out nicely (but from what I've seen much of SS PF's turn out quite nicely). Frodo will actually be my very first PF figure.

From there I have the 12-inch Legolas, Boromir, Cordelia (though she'll be shipping soon) and Lorne on pre-order. Hopefully I'll be adding Faramir to the pre-order list soon.

I have him on order from Razor's Edge, saved $50, and can't wait for him. From what I heard, the one they had at SDCC looked a lot better than the proto pics that are posted. That along with the low ES will make this one of the most sought after LOTR items once this line is up and running.

Got mine with The Godfather at Fireside! :cool:

godfather.jpg

Can't wait for mine to arrive, I thought it looked very nice when I saw it.

SanDiegoComicCon2006016.jpg

SanDiegoComicCon2006019.jpg

LOTRFan said:
Can't wait for mine to arrive, I thought it looked very nice when I saw it.

SanDiegoComicCon2006016.jpg
Does Frodo really come up to Lurtz' waste in that crouching pose? You'd think he'd be smaller than that. It does look cool though.

Last edited:
unless they change the face i'll be canceling. love the costuming but just looks nothing like Wood to me. as a representation of the charater Frodo, it does well, but not the actor.

Got mine coming from Bob. Like Matt I really liked it. Much better in person and IMO it looks so much like EW. As far as coming to Lurtz waist I can't remember the angle of the photo adds some height.

I don't collect PF, but this looks pretty good to me. The only PF I'll probably invest in from LOTR is SURPRISE Faramir in ranger garb AND Gandalf the Grey, just because it's such an iconic figure, and for me defineds LOTR. Frodo still looks pretty good to me though!

Back