So, MAUL bust a disapointement ?????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rock, is it just me or does his eyes look crooked? Why does he look like he is looking up at something instead of straight ahead?

:rotfl Kidding, right? Which pic?

EDIT: Ok, you probably mean this pic -

sandtrooper%20002.jpg

This was taken with a light right over the bust, so shadow plays a part; and, the pic was taken below its eye level. I can see how it may look off though. Look at the other pics though, and its easy to see just how flawless this piece is. :)

Last edited:
That Maul bust really does look awesome. I'm betting that any problem with lack of detail with the eyes isn't really noticeable when viewed from a normal distance, and how many people who see this are going to be putting their nose up to it to get a good look. I know if anyone gets that close to my stuff they better be holding their breath to not breath on it or I'll smack 'em upside the head...once they are a safe distance from the item of course!

I'm surprised that people are disapointed with this Maul, when the pic that
everyone is comparing it to is a pre-production piece that looks closer to
being a custom job than a regular street release.

For being a production piece, these eyes are NICE!

I'm all for calling out a Co if they do shoddy work... but this instance isn't 1
of them. I suggest you all add a couple of layers of clear coat with a small
brush to get that glassy / watery eye look. That's the ONLY thing this piece needs.

Way to go sideshow.

*ss*

Nice pics Rock, awesome addition to your collection.

After looking at lc's pics of the ardeth day bust I can see where a lot of the "lack of detail" on Maul complaints may be coming from. The eyes on ardeth are scary realistic looking. I mean this bust is so well done its creepy. The detail is just shockingly good.

OK back to Maul.

Ray Park probably had some pretty severe contacts to wear to achieve this Sith look. They aren't going to look like "normal" eyes, with a myriad of colors in them. There's red, there's yellow, like a sunburst almost, but simple, lacking the subtle color variances in the normal human eye. So the bust does look extremely accurate. I agree the colors in the first pic looked a little flat, giving the bust a sort of dead look to it. Probably flash or photo related. The skin texture is extremely well done though and is teh first thing I noticed abiout this bust and commented on here or somewhere else.

Unfortunately I'll never own this piece (my wife would kill me and my daughter would have serious nightmares) so I have to appreciate this one through pictures. As far as speculating on pictures, well I can only reiterate that some of us will never own this piece so its all we can do. I hope to see more pics of this one too.

So I hope those of you that got one of these are very satisfied and help those of us who can't get one for whatever reasons enjoy it through your collection photos.

:duff

Jo Yana said:
Who can make a pictures in our collection (with others statue) for judge the dimension.

Please without flash

Sure, here you go. I hope this helps.

maulcol.jpg

Back