so I went to the movies....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there's always one person who doesn't quite understand a post! 'Answer me dammit' was put at the end to show how mad this subject makes me. It wasn't an aggressive comment to my fellow freaks. I bet you talk real loud at the cinema dont'cha???? Bet ya even receive cell phone calls from your friends in other theaters?!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:emperor:emperor:emperor

D:monkey3

Well if youre sitting next to me, yes i will :D

seriously though,

I don't want you to think i am a murderous chap, (or my secret's out), but think of it. You've paid $10 to enjoy a movie as It was supposed to be seen, on the big screen where you can really be blown away by the experience. Tell me Star Wars isn't always better on the big screen or Jurrassic Park?

And some other muppet has paid $10 to sit and chat to his friends really loudly in the dark???

D

seriously though,

I don't want you to think i am a murderous chap, (or my secret's out), but think of it. You've paid $10 to enjoy a movie as It was supposed to be seen, on the big screen where you can really be blown away by the experience. Tell me Star Wars isn't always better on the big screen or Jurrassic Park?

And some other muppet has paid $10 to sit and chat to his friends really loudly in the dark???

D

I totally agree, its so annoying, I mean why go to the pics if you're gonna just sit talking on your mobile??, doesnt make sense.

I'd love to have seen things like LOTR/Jurrassic Park/Spiderman at pictures, I bet they were awesome.
x

My wife really enjoys the Harry Potter books so when a new movie comes out I'll always take her to see it. Well this was also our first time out without the little one (as the folks graciously played babysitter for us). The Order of the Phoenix starts and the kids directly behind me start commenting on every little nuance-- "Oh this is that part" "here's so and so"--- I turned IMMEDIATELY (I don't even care if the adult accompanying them is right there) and I politely (key word) said "Would you please mind not talking?"---

Silence.... Much later on the same kid starts fidgeting (ADD in our society--another label.. stop feeding them pop and plunking them in front of a tv when they should be out running or playing with books) with his feet-- tap tap tap tap tap tap tap... Again-- no hesitation on my part "Would you please mind not doing that?"--- Silence.

Now there was a father sitting off to the side with two ANNOYING and completely IGNORANT kids who spent most of the movie fighting over their nachos--- talking back to characters.... Simply put HOME THEATRES (or renting DVDs) have spoiled going to the movies. These people are free to act like idiots at home and they have no sense about how their attitude should be adjusted for a public setting.

I wish more theatres had employees (and not the teens that work there) who would occasionally wander into a theatre and be there to politely let obnoxious people know that they can either stop the offending behaviour or they can get out.

Anyway-- my rant is over. I used to go to about three or four movies a week but with the little one and living now so far away from a good movie theatre it's a rare occurance when I get to go. I don't want it spoiled.

Guess you struck a nerve here.:D

When I go to the cinema,I always make sure i'm not sitting with teens/kids as their the worst offenders especially when in large groups.

When i'm in the cinema I always be really quite,the noise from pop corn ect is so annoying,even if it carn't be helped. When I went to see Harry Potter on Friday a women was on the phone in the front row,I could'nt believe it!
The worst is teens throwing pop corn at people,that's so rude.

I just hope The Simpsons movie isn't full of little kids being noisey:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back