So- how sure are we that the next 1/4 will be Boba Fett?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoevers next the sculpt and paint better be good. I just read how the Vader Helmet is all messed up. That goes with the badly painted Luke & Han. I just want to take my statutes and throw them in the garbage. I cant take another bad preview, I said this last time but its getting to me. Its just something when looking a the statues and knowing something is off, like a broken piece you fix that statue is never the same. And thats how I see Luke and Han.

tomandshell said:
That leaves at least one mystery spot. Unless they have acquired a new level/type of Star Wars license (miniature vehicles? prop replicas?), I think that it's at least within the bounds of possibility that we could see a new SW PF announcement this week.

I won't get my hopes up, but neither will I allow them to be completely dashed until I know for sure. The 1/4 scale Star Wars figures are my number one Sideshow priority, so I have my fingers (and toes) crossed...

Well, prop replicas are out because of MR, and vehicles are done by Code 3 and MR, so those are out also.

There hasn't been a new SW PF since early Nov. (over 3 months), so I'm sure we'll see the new one this week. Maybe even 2 new ones if we're lucky!:banana The SW 1/4's are my #1 SS priority as well.

elwood49 said:
Well, prop replicas are out because of MR, and vehicles are done by Code 3 and MR, so those are out also.

There hasn't been a new SW PF since early Nov. (over 3 months), so I'm sure we'll see the new one this week. Maybe even 2 new ones if we're lucky!:banana The SW 1/4's are my #1 SS priority as well.

I try to be judicious in my use of smilies, but 2 new PFs would force me to post more than a few dancing bananas!!

Monster said:
Whoevers next the sculpt and paint better be good. I just read how the Vader Helmet is all messed up. That goes with the badly painted Luke & Han. I just want to take my statutes and throw them in the garbage. I cant take another bad preview, I said this last time but its getting to me. Its just something when looking a the statues and knowing something is off, like a broken piece you fix that statue is never the same. And thats how I see Luke and Han.

I don't mean to be smart alec but if you ever do decide to throw them away, please consider giving them away to someone who would love to have them adorn her shelves. :D I can pay for shipping!!!!!!

JohnyBoo said:
I don't mean to be smart alec but if you ever do decide to throw them away, please consider giving them away to someone who would love to have them adorn her shelves. :D I can pay for shipping!!!!!!

I agree. Throw them away?!! I LOVE my 3 SW PF's. As I said above, we should get a new announcement this week considering that there have been six new 12" figures and one new 1:1 bust since Leia was announced.

Like Tom, I'm hoping for 2 PF's. A guy can dream right?:banana

tomandshell said:
I try to be judicious in my use of smilies, but 2 new PFs would force me to post more than a few dancing bananas!!

Now that I think about it again, I think the only SW announcement left at ToyFair is the next PF. The 2 question marks will either be the Exclusive and the Regular, or they will be the Flex-Pay and non-FlexPay options.

There have been 2 SW 12" figures shown within the last week and both are included on the ToyFair page, so I don't think we'll see any more of those for a few more weeks.

As an example, look at the Marvel page at SS:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=marvelhome&source=leftnav&kw=MARVEL

There are 4 boxes for the Hulk, 3 for Punisher, 2 for Ironman, etc. I think the SW PF will take up both boxes.

You may be right--looking at the Toy Fair 2005 page, there were two seperate boxes for the Punisher. One for the regular, and one for the exclusive.

However, just one box for the Wolverine diorama, Home Mulder and Autopsy Scully, etc.--and they each had exclusives. But I will be prepared for the two boxes to represent one character.

Two Fetts are better than one, right?

tomandshell said:
Two Fetts are better than one, right?

Of course!:joy Maybe an ESB and a ROTJ version, or an extra special exclusive with Han in Carbonite?

I don't know if SS is willing to make an exclusive that will be much pricier than the regular one though. An Exclusive Han in Carbonite would add a lot to the price. Make it a 50 ES like the Gray Hulk, and I guarantee that sales will soar! :naughty

Man I wish SS had the prop replica license too. Well, maybe not prop replica, but "idealized" replicas. What they would look like if taken right out of the SW Universe. Ya know?

Man I can't wait to hear what the next PF is!

Elwood- There's hope: The Toy Fair has only one button for the Alien Warrior bust, but when you click on it, it gives you a result page with both regular and Flexpay options. So they did not choose to take up two seperate boxes on the Toy Fair announcement page. Same with Venom. And Legolas, Wolverine, Han and Mace all have only one box, even though they will have exclusives. I am hoping that there is one box per announcement, and all Flexpay or exclusive options will come up when you click the box.

That gives us more possibilities for more new stuff, instead of duplicate boxes!!

tomandshell said:
Elwood- There's hope: The Toy Fair has only one button for the Alien Warrior bust, but when you click on it, it gives you a result page with both regular and Flexpay options. So they did not choose to take up two seperate boxes on the Toy Fair announcement page. Same with Venom. And Legolas, Wolverine, Han and Mace all have only one box, even though they will have exclusives. I am hoping that there is one box per announcement, and all Flexpay or exclusive options will come up when you click the box.

That gives us more possibilities for more new stuff, instead of duplicate boxes!!

Nice work Tom, you're right!:banana

tomandshell said:

My pocketbook doesn't like that idea very much...:google

but I would like to see all kinds of new products announced!:D

Seretur said:
Fett is NOT being announced at the Toy Fair.

Seriously.

Where did you see that?

It almost HAS to be Boba Fett based on the information so far.

1. Not from the Prequels
2. Not from ANH
3. Therefore it MUST be a major character introduced in ESB or ROTJ. There are only 3 possibilites that I see (Boba Fett, Yoda, or Lando).

Lando isn't popular enough to be made at this point, and Yoda is probably too small to make a big impact at a show like TF that is all about wowing retailers. Therefore, I think it will be Boba Fett.

I will be equally excited with an ESB Yoda, so I really don't care either way.

Last edited:
TBH.........the trick won't work on the star wars stuff as their more likely to be priority preorder first before a page is made..............with is a whole new ball game

I'd be much more excited about Yoda than Fett but could be tempted to get Fett. I really want Darth Maul :D:banana

Back