Snowtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its getting annoying that even on the website this statue is shipping now and they can not push the flex payment up to process this now

just got mine.

those pics above really give a bad impression. Mine looks good. Doesnt look half as skinny as those pics. Ive seen a few comments here and elsewhere that imply some people are glad they cancelled for a multitude of reasons after seeing these pics. i think they might rethink that position if they saw it in person. this is awesome and anyone on the fence should go for it. youll really like it.

Pictures can throw off the overall perspective of the statue a bit but it does look very close to the pictures... he is pretty skinny, but if you look at the stormtrooper under his armor he is pretty skinny too

My snowtrooper came with a brown mark on the mask and sideshow says they won't replace it or repaint it. Do you think they should?

20140613_201503.jpg

I thought i have seen everything from sideshow but apparently not.

My snow trooper ex's color display box top half is completely WET, yes i am not kidding. It's as though someone soaked in water, when i tried to open the flap it all fell apart.

The brown shipper is perfectly fine and not wet at all, which makes me think it was from the china factory. The statue/styrofoam is also fine, just the color display box is wet and falling apart. I am not sure if it was water or oily type thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

wtf...

Guess I'm going to be the whistle blower since I'm really disappointed with how my trooper came out. For starters his right knee guard was cracked which I completely get things happen and know Sideshow will replace it. The one thing that I'm having troubles with is how the lower abdomen plate and cod piece came out. The image from Sideshow's gallery looks great and allows you to see all the pieces as they should be displayed but what comes on the final product is an absolute mess and I have yet to see anyone with a good version.

Snowtrooper.jpgSnowtrooper2.JPG

Appreciate it brucecamblzchin. I've already put in for a replacement and know Sideshow will make it right. Just wish that abdomen plate could be tucked under the chest piece better.

Guess I'm going to be the whistle blower since I'm really disappointed with how my trooper came out. For starters his right knee guard was cracked which I completely get things happen and know Sideshow will replace it. The one thing that I'm having troubles with is how the lower abdomen plate and cod piece came out. The image from Sideshow's gallery looks great and allows you to see all the pieces as they should be displayed but what comes on the final product is an absolute mess and I have yet to see anyone with a good version.

View attachment 115231View attachment 115232
Wow you sure are right about the cod piece and abdomen plate. Is there any way to adjust it? It looks like to could straighten the cloth or belt. It does look pretty awful. It would be nice to have it look like the proto. Makes a pretty big difference. damn it Sideshow you did it to us again.

I thought i have seen everything from sideshow but apparently not.

My snow trooper ex's color display box top half is completely WET, yes i am not kidding. It's as though someone soaked in water, when i tried to open the flap it all fell apart.

The brown shipper is perfectly fine and not wet at all, which makes me think it was from the china factory. The statue/styrofoam is also fine, just the color display box is wet and falling apart. I am not sure if it was water or oily type thing.

Anyone else having this issue?

wtf...

My brown shipper was like this. It got wet at some point and the bottom was falling apart. Luckily whatever it was that got it wet didn't get to the display box.

Did anyone else notice that there is a magnet in the base and the 3PO head. If it's positioned correctly the head is held to the base, nice touch.

Picked up mine tonight from Fedex and I'm really happy with the way this came out. The snowtrooper has always been a favorite of mine so getting this is a no brainer but it had to be worth it given the price point and it's worth every penny. I own the 1/6 scale SS figure and owned the Koto and this is my favorite representation of the snowtrooper by far as it should be given the price point. I really like the visors being green compared to the stormtrooper PF, which is not. The weathering is great and the skinny issue is not an issue in hand at all. IMO this is much nicer than the stormtrooper PF. I thought the pose was a little awkward when I first saw the pics but it looks great in hand. I always thought the snowtrooper design looked bad***** and this pose is just that. If I had one gripe I wish the pants where a little looser like in the movie. Other than that everything looks great. Now bring on the AT-AT driver.

b699b9995cf4fb52b756e941bf5a55a6_zps976a2ff1.jpg

b4e77f89f27e9b00cab2e20e0ed94d64_zpsb65d0ef6.jpg

0ba1799806d3e77e288b1df62d2026db_zpse41239ab.jpg

The head is definitely not as big as some photos are made out to be. I have an issue with mine though.

I can not get the gun to line up correctly in the palm. If I slot both hands fully in the socket, the gun won't fit in the palm. If I want the gun to fit in the palm, the hand that is holding the gun won't slot fully into the socket and will hang half-seated at an angle as shown below :(

I don't know if the problem is the slot in the hand or the core on the arm, and don't know if the arm/hand that is holding the gun is the problem or if it's the arm/hand that is palming the gun.. Tricky one. What do you guys think? Will this issue be a good enough reason for SS to provide me with a replacement? This is my very first direct order from Sideshow.

image.jpg

It can be adjusted. The plate can be moved up and it's looks a lot better.

Can someone submit a picture showing this cause I worked with mine a little but was nervous that I'd break something trying to force the issue? I found it really difficult to make any such adjustment as it appears the chest piece is pretty locked in place with not much room to slide the cloth and abdomen plate up higher. This is one time that I'd be more than happy to be wrong.

Back