Snowtrooper Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So excited to complete the three OT troopers. He'll be here on Tuesday. I also have an Aayla on the way meaning I'm only two statues away from completing my Star Wars Premium Format collection!

I have mix feelings about this statue. The pose is a bit awkward and he has a bit of a big head, I wouldn't say his pose is bad but it doesn't really jump out and grab your attention either . The terry cloth PJ's material is underwhelming (But authentic after doing some research), I think it would of looked so much better with some sort of leather style material instead.

ST002.jpg

ST001.jpg

ST003.jpg

ST004.jpg

The C-3PO head is cool and does add a bit of character to the statue, but I think if they would of given him the iconic 3 pod laser turret this would of been a more exciting statue.

ST006.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent, I didn't see any issues with the material other then me not liking the type of material they used, there were no lose threads or anything, the paint application was excellent.

ST005.jpg

The box is the standard black Star Wars theme box with a picture of the statue on each side, it uses the grey Styrofoam which seems to be stronger then the white foam, I could be wrong though, but it doesn't have the fancy straps like an XM box for example, still it seemed like it did it's job and in the end that's all that matters

The statue is fairly light so I would guess it's hollow, still feels pretty rigid so it's not like it's paper thin or anything but after feeling the weight of XM Capt. it's hard not to notice how light other statues are..

Only Accessory is the C-3PO head and that's only if you got the EX, if you get the regular you don't get any extras.

Shipping Box: 8/10
Paint Application: 10/10
Sculpt/Pose: 7/10
Statue Quality (feel of the statue): 7/10
Extra Accessories: Regular: 0/10 EX: 7/10 (it's better then a butter knife) :)
Mix Media Material Application: 9/10
Type of Material Used: 6/10

Overall Score: 8/10

It's a cool piece but doesn't really feel like a piece you have to have. If your a full on Star Wars collector then it's probably a must have, but if you just have 1 or 2 shelves available for Star Wars statues, I would wait and fill them up with the big names like Vader, Bobba Fett, Chewie and the Droids...

Last edited:
Thanks for the review. I think I like the koto version more. I can only imagine what they or GG could do in this scale.

I agree ambasah .. I wish GG or Koto would play the quarter scale game..

its ok but the head looks out of proportions IMO ... I will decide when I get it if I keep it or get something else for that huge amount of cash...

I have mix feelings about this statue. The pose is a bit awkward and he has a bit of a big head, I wouldn't say his pose is bad but it doesn't really jump out and grab your attention either . The terry cloth PJ's material is underwhelming (But authentic after doing some research), I think it would of looked so much better with some sort of leather style material instead.

ST002.jpg

ST001.jpg

ST003.jpg

ST004.jpg

The C-3PO head is cool and does add a bit of character to the statue, but I think if they would of given him the iconic 3 pod laser turret this would of been a more exciting statue.

ST006.jpg

Fit and finish is excellent, I didn't see any issues with the material other then me not liking the type of material they used, there were no lose threads or anything, the paint application was excellent.

ST005.jpg

The box is the standard black Star Wars theme box with a picture of the statue on each side, it uses the grey Styrofoam which seems to be stronger then the white foam, I could be wrong though, but it doesn't have the fancy straps like an XM box for example, still it seemed like it did it's job and in the end that's all that matters

The statue is fairly light so I would guess it's hollow, still feels pretty rigid so it's not like it's paper thin or anything but after feeling the weight of XM Capt. it's hard not to notice how light other statues are..

Only Accessory is the C-3PO head and that's only if you got the EX, if you get the regular you don't get any extras.

Shipping Box: 8/10
Paint Application: 10/10
Sculpt/Pose: 7/10
Statue Quality (feel of the statue): 7/10
Extra Accessories: Regular: 0/10 EX: 7/10 (it's better then a butter knife) :)
Mix Media Material Application: 9/10
Type of Material Used: 6/10

Overall Score: 8/10

It's a cool piece but doesn't really feel like a piece you have to have. If your a full on Star Wars collector then it's probably a must have, but if you just have 1 or 2 shelves available for Star Wars statues, I would wait and fill them up with the big names like Vader, Bobba Fett, Chewie and the Droids...

Great pix-the only shot that has me a little worried is the profile picture-makes the head look huge & out of proportion, otherwise, I think it looks great. Looks like I'll be displaying this to view as dead on straight

I think this looks really good, and a rare character for Sideshow to have produced in this scale. My local CS is waiting for its arrival on Tuesday. Hurry up!

Looks good. I think it's just one of those characters that is hard to translate into a collectable.

Thanks for posting the pics. The only shot that has me worried is the first profile picture the helmet looks way big and the legs real skinny. The other views look pretty good. I'm really liking the base.

The helmet does look too big from some angles. But I LOVE the pose. Love the look of the imperials stepping over the rubble of the battle they just won.

Glad I passed on this, and I love Imperials. Way too skinny and such a weird pose that only accentuates that skinny body - not even sure how would be ok to display it on a shelf. The SSC 1:6 looks 10 times better. And the old Kotobukiya statue remains unbeaten so far.

people must be too familiar with the fatties from the 501st wearing snowtrooper suits because my pf looks like it just jumped out of the empire. watched it while removing this from the package and most of the troopers were in fact skinny. not perfect mind you but far better than my koto, ssc 1/6, and gg mb. must have for a fact and looks good lined up with the stormtrooper and scout.

My EX waitlist just converted. Glad to be adding to him to my collection.

people must be too familiar with the fatties from the 501st wearing snowtrooper suits because my pf looks like it just jumped out of the empire. watched it while removing this from the package and most of the troopers were in fact skinny. not perfect mind you but far better than my koto, ssc 1/6, and gg mb. must have for a fact and looks good lined up with the stormtrooper and scout.

YOu are 100% correct.

I am not getting all the complaints about this guy being thin. For anyone who has not seen the screen used costume in person I can tell you that the actors who played these characters were short and SKINNY!

The helmet appears more bobble headed beacuse the actors were so thin. Geez what would people say if at TIE or ATAT character was made.....imagine the size of that helmet.

To me this statue is spot on, captures the character and feel of the film.

This is about as skinny as they get. Sideshow's still looks skinnier.

ESB_Snowtroop02.jpg

Look at the front leg of the first trooper. Take away the bagginess of the pants and you will get a very skinny leg. At the end of the day nothing is "perfect" because the details are in the eye of the beholder and their interpretation of the character.

Lmao agree 100%

Good stuff!! Good to hear people that have it in hand really like it because that's really the only way to review it. I really never understood how people can come up with a complete review on something they never really see in hand. Photos only tell a little of the story and even Sideshow photos do nothing for their statues most of the time. Anyway I'm glad to be adding this to the collection, there probabaly never be a snowtrooper in this scale made again.

Back