Snake Eyes Vs Red Ninjas Diorama Discussion and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, should that dio not move, that's all Sideshow needs to know regarding what the majority of the Joe fans want.
The Joe dios and 1/6 scale backgrounds aren't selling. Frankly, if I were Sideshow, I would test out a couple of PFs, and maybe do a diorama with big-hitters like Cobra Commander and Duke. But I do think that their resources might be better spent elsewhere.

But then, I have no idea what kinds of profits they might bring in even with statues with extremely low edition sizes. Maybe it is worth their while to keep at the Joe statue line, despite the overall lack of interest. Only Sideshow has the data and experience to know for sure. I'm just glad we got Flint/Zartan before all was said and done :rock

The Joe dios and 1/6 scale backgrounds aren't selling. Frankly, if I were Sideshow, I would test out a couple of PFs, and maybe do a diorama with big-hitters like Cobra Commander and Duke. But I do think that their resources might be better spent elsewhere.

But then, I have no idea what kinds of profits they might bring in even with statues with extremely low edition sizes. Maybe it is worth their while to keep at the Joe statue line, despite the overall lack of interest. Only Sideshow has the data and experience to know for sure. I'm just glad we got Flint/Zartan before all was said and done :rock

Right there. That's the proof. You're just ignoring it. The fact that even CCC sold out shows there's more of a market for action figures because the "majority" are buying action figures vs. the high priced polystone offerings. To date, both polystone pieces have hit the giftcard list. The SE dio will be no different as there's no "low quantity alert" and it's only a matter of time before that hits the list too. At this point you're just arguing for the sake of doing so.

joe fans are used to paying $5-50 for stuff, not $300.

that said, the statue is pretty bad ass, if ssc can keep that quality, choses the right edition sizes and the right characters, they probably can crack a market.
comic book collectors have been used to paying big bucks for comics for a long time, so probably the transition to statues wasn't hard.

maybe it will happen for joe if ssc keeps trying.

You're both right, I think.

Joe fans are primarily interested in action figures... and it doesn't seem like a whole lot of them are high-end collectors either. Sure, there are exceptions - of course there are people buying $1000+ MOSC items and stuff like that.

I guess when it comes down to it, the Joe fandom just don't have the numbers, like SW or comic characters. We've got the numbers to make 12" figures profitable, I suppose, but not a niche product like statues and what not.

At any rate, I bought the ex and I like it quite a lot. I've got the Zartan/Flint ex on pre-order as well, and I don't intend on cancelling it. These will make pretty cool pieces in my Joe collection room, no doubt - but on the other hand, if Sideshow decides NOT to produce the dios/statues anymore, I won't be crying about it. I haven't quite made up my mind on the whole PF thing - I guess we'll see when they eventually come out, but I don't think I'd care if they didn't, either.

I may cry if they stop doing the 12" figures, though... :(

I don't agree. Considering the billions Hasbro's raked in, the Joe license definitely has the fan base and numbers to make PFs, dios and LSBs profitable, we're just not as gullible as most SW fans.

meant to post this here...

i say that i wouldn't buy a pf but i think if sideshow did an '82 snake eyes or '84 storm shadow i would be all over it. i think those would be the only two i would like to see or buy in pf form (i think)...theoretically...if i bought pfs anymore (maybe firefly too).

i just think storm shadow would look bad ass in a 'mixed media' statue but that might just be because i am a storm shadow fan boy and love that card art. but really why would i need it? the 12'' figure is one of their best offerings.

but i agree with nam...i think the fan base is there to support other lines. i wouldn't see too many buying statues for the most part over the 12'' stuff. i like this dio a lot but i'd rather pick up more troopers or do the steel brigade bash, etc.

for those who care....this is Gift card Eligible now, if only i had a GC that was more then a crappy $25, or could use more than one at a tmie :cuss:

Nemesisenforcer proudly presents a new addition to my collection…

SNAKE EYES vs. RED NINJAS EXCLUSIVE by Sideshow Collectibles.

001-2.jpg

As a kid growing up, G.I Joe is one of the cartoons that is on top of my list. Each character had different skills and personality that makes G.I. Joe enjoyable. Who can forget after the end of each episode, there is a lecture for us young kids on what to do and what not to.

006-1.jpg

009.jpg

024-1.jpg

That said , I was very happy that Sideshow Collectibles announced that they have acquired the G.I Joe license. One of things that I like about Sideshow is their diorama series. For a G.I Joe battle to be seen in a 3D scale would be amazing.

Snake Eyes is one of my favorites out of all the G.I Joe characters. This diorama shows a good example of Snake Eyes, a master of ninjitsu, can accomplish any missions given to him with ease. From the look of it, he was sent out to invade the Arishikage Temple to spoil the plans and eliminate Red Ninjas in the process.
This piece shows a good example that depicts his skills and why he is a likeable character by any Joe fan.

017-1.jpg

020-1.jpg

021-1.jpg

Also on this diorama, I liked how Sideshow showed the sharpness of his sword by cutting one of ninjas sword in half and the Arishikage tombstone as well.

022-1.jpg

025-3.jpg

I never liked the goggles version of him. Not really sure as to why though. That being said, he will be displayed with the visor version.

032.jpg

035.jpg

038-1.jpg

The base on this one is very big. I tried every angle for this to fit in a Besta and was unsuccessful. So the only way I will be able to display this either put it on top of the Besta or with the secondary base. I personally think that a diorama should be displayed in eye level. It will be hard for this piece to be appreciated if it is above eye level.

040-1.jpg

I hope that you enjoyed my review of this and I will to put out more every time I have acquired a new piece.
Thank you for reading.

Been wanting this for ages as i like GI Joe in general and i always thought this was one of the most dynamic dioramas i'd seen, so picked it up last week for a decent price.

First thing is it's huge and really heavy. The base that the whole thing sits on is about 19 inches long and 15 inches wide and even though the diorama is only around 12 inches high the huge footprint of it gives it a great presence.

It's just that killer pose that sells it, it really conveys movement, i especially like how Snake Eyes cutting the Ninjas sword is so well done.

Overall just a fantastic diorama.

20140216123033-d5501b1f_zps4419d528.jpg

20140216123015-7b58f84a_zpse69318af.jpg

20140216123021-206444df_zps39c40ea1.jpg

20140216123027-ba87c5e5_zps680384b5.jpg

20140216123040-b5fc55a9_zpsbccf3a93.jpg

20140216123047-6382fdcf_zps208994bc.jpg

I have this statue as well (I'm a big Snake Eyes fan) and it is really well done (although I will admit it was eventually topped by the Snake Eyes with Timber statue)!

Too bad Storm shadow didn't turn out as nice as Snake eye and Timber

Back