Snake Eyes Punch Dagger

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a 13B in the only towed 155mm Airborne Artillery unit in the world back then. 1/321st FAR (Airborne). I reclassed in '98 and have been a 19D cav scout ever since. Yeah, heavy drop operations. We also did slingload ops with Chinooks as well. Hope to make it back to Bragg someday, but in a much different capacity.

way ot, don't mean to hijack. sf, cag i presume? i got my cag letter the day before the moving truck came to get our stuff to go to ny. i did my time in delta company 3/325 hvy weapons/at/mounted scouts. i know all about hvy drop. my truck semi burned in on my first jrtx. i drove it around sicily about 30 deg off axles. during iraq our plt ended up detached as task force scouts for the push into as samawah. interesting story, have to share sometime.

ps i love your ss d-boy breacher. i've got to repaint the head, mine came all chipped up.

Last edited:
way ot, don't mean to hijack. sf, cag i presume? i got my cag letter the day before the moving truck came to get our stuff to go to ny. i did my time in delta company 3/325 hvy weapons/at/mounted scouts. i know all about hvy drop. my truck semi burned in on my first jrtx. i drove it around sicily about 30 deg off axles. during iraq our plt ended up detached as task force scouts for the push into as samawah. interesting story, have to share sometime.

ps i love your ss d-boy breacher. i've got to repaint the head, mine came all chipped up.

Love to hear the story some time. Yeah, I'm working on building a 4 man team based on the TF Ranger Deltas. Got all the gear, just need to find the time to bash them together. I got some leave coming up, so maybe I'll finish the team then.

Thank you to all of our dedicated service men. Great and interesting stories to hear. Much appreciated.

Does anyone have pictures of the punch dagger placement? Also, I see some pix of the grenades on the sword sheath strap on his chest. Is this the most ideal placement?

Matter of fact basing on military experience, where are the most ideal placements of all of Snake Eyes weapons? I've also heard that his Uzi stock folds the wrong way.

Thank you to all of our dedicated service men. Great and interesting stories to hear. Much appreciated.

Does anyone have pictures of the punch dagger placement? Also, I see some pix of the grenades on the sword sheath strap on his chest. Is this the most ideal placement?

Matter of fact basing on military experience, where are the most ideal placements of all of Snake Eyes weapons? I've also heard that his Uzi stock folds the wrong way.

That's really a can of worms and depends on who you ask, when/where/with who they served and what their OS is/was.

I gotta another question. Would a real service man/woman ever carry that much crap into the field? Just wondering HAHA

Realy? I have no idea so that is interesting to know. He just seemed kinda over done. But I forgot that arent to many guys gonna carry two swords HAHA

I gotta another question. Would a real service man/woman ever carry that much crap into the field? Just wondering HAHA

hmm. lemmee think about my load for the jump in bagdad airport that never happened.

k-pot (helmet)
gunner goggles
interceptor body armor + 2 sapi plates
molle assault vest
8 loaded m4 mags
2 frag grenades
2 smoke grenades
1 wp grenade
compass
individual med pack
icom (radio)
promask in leg bag
atropine kit
knee and elbow pads
buttpack
2 canteens full
1 camelbak full
2 pairs of socks
rapelling gloves
baclava
extra dcu's
rucksack
2 claymore mines
2 saline iv bags
m4 with red dot optic and ir laser
nvgs
at-4 anti tank weapon
bayonet
and a sykes fairbairn dagger taped to my boot
after all that....
main parachute
reserve chute
chute recovery bag

i weighed 135lbs soaking wet after 2 months in kuwait. with all the gear, i pushed near 300. i had to have a guy not jumping help me walk to the plane. if the jump would have went down, i wouldn't have cared if my chute failed. it was torture just trying to stand up.

for a regular field ex, pretty much the same minus the grenades, mines, anti tank gear, and extra med gear. you just replace it with sunflower seeds, beef jerky, gatorade powder, and a novel if you have down time.

but back to punch daggers:lol, never liked em. too short for my taste

hmm. lemmee think about my load for the jump in bagdad airport that never happened.

k-pot (helmet)
gunner goggles
interceptor body armor + 2 sapi plates
molle assault vest
8 loaded m4 mags
2 frag grenades
2 smoke grenades
1 wp grenade
compass
individual med pack
icom (radio)
promask in leg bag
atropine kit
knee and elbow pads
buttpack
2 canteens full
1 camelbak full
2 pairs of socks
rapelling gloves
baclava
extra dcu's
rucksack
2 claymore mines
2 saline iv bags
m4 with red dot optic and ir laser
nvgs
at-4 anti tank weapon
bayonet
and a sykes fairbairn dagger taped to my boot
after all that....
main parachute
reserve chute
chute recovery bag

i weighed 135lbs soaking wet after 2 months in kuwait. with all the gear, i pushed near 300. i had to have a guy not jumping help me walk to the plane. if the jump would have went down, i wouldn't have cared if my chute failed. it was torture just trying to stand up.

for a regular field ex, pretty much the same minus the grenades, mines, anti tank gear, and extra med gear. you just replace it with sunflower seeds, beef jerky, gatorade powder, and a novel if you have down time.

but back to punch daggers:lol, never liked em. too short for my taste

How could you do anything except be a dang target with all that stuff on you?

Last edited:
WAYYYY OT :Dwell the idea being you hit the ground drop the chutes, free up the weapons, throw the ruck on your back and go on your merry way. most of the gear is in your pack except the stuff in pouches on your vest. so it's not that bad. if you encounter a two way rifle range, you dump the pack via a quick detach tab on the straps and get into cover. the idea behind it all was to be able to drop into enemy territory be autonomous for days to weeks and open a route for heavy infantry and armor to move thru. band of brothers and a bridge too far pretty much sum up what my job used to be. nowadays it's a lot harder to mount a surprise mass airborne assault. so we ended up using light humvees in 16 man teams to sneak up the highways and villages looking for baddies that were hitting the main columns in the flanks.

oh yeah, punch dagger and what not...:lol

You're pretty much fodder in the air, but your rifle's readily accessible to shoot back if necessary :huh :lol.

the would drop us so low (400 ft), you had maybe 7-10 seconds in the air. if you hit 4 one thousand and the chute wasn't open, you die. in modern jumps the weapons are stored in heavy padded canvass sleeves. no way to fight back.:(

Last edited:
it's pretty much physically impossible to fight when descending. you're falling at 22 feet a second with 150lbs of gear. nor do you land on your feet like in the movies. you hit hard enough to break bones if you don't perform a good plf (parachute landing fall) i knocked myself silly on my second jump in geogia. that and the individual weapons of today are aren't as sturdy as those of my airborne ancestors. the m4 is mostly stamped aluminum with a steel barrel and plastic everything else. and all the optics and infrared doodads you stick on them is't made to survive impacts like that. thats pretty much why we jumped low, at night, and in groups of around 400. i did a few super mass tactical jumps with around 2000 guys. those are for demonstraton mostly like when dignitaries or senate committees show up. the days of ww2 era airborne ops are over.

it's pretty much physically impossible to fight when descending. you're falling at 22 feet a second with 150lbs of gear. nor do you land on your feet like in the movies. you hit hard enough to break bones if you don't perform a good plf (parachute landing fall) i knocked myself silly on my second jump in geogia. that and the individual weapons of today are aren't as sturdy as those of my airborne ancestors. the m4 is mostly stamped aluminum with a steel barrel and plastic everything else. and all the optics and infrared doodads you stick on them is't made to survive impacts like that. thats pretty much why we jumped low, at night, and in groups of around 400. i did a few super mass tactical jumps with around 2000 guys. those are for demonstraton mostly like when dignitaries or senate committees show up. the days of ww2 era airborne ops are over.

Guess it's different when you get to pick what you take and where it goes. ;)

Back