Snake Eyes Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterside

Super Freak
Reaction score
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GdZJ-BM2azY" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

:clap

I have been waiting for something like this... only question i have is should i get this or hold out for a PF... Im your typical gi joe casual fan ill buy snake eyes and storm shadow like hot cakes!!

hopefully thats a hint of what the next 1/6 scale snake eyes will look like when they get to it

Doesn't blow me away based on what I've seen, but I'm very interested in 1/4 scale Joe statues. Zartan, Firefly, and Flint, anyways. Not sure I'm willing to shell out $250-350 for anyone else.

Boring pose doesn't suit Snake Eyes all that well, IMO.

are we sure it isn't a PF - it looks close to 1/4 scale?

Yep, maquette for the reason Craw stated and Nam seconded.

clothing is sculpted. PF's are mixed media.

Pretty sure, because...

Might be a comiquette. Sideshow's notorious for their format ADD.

Yeah, looks like Sideshow is doing a maquette AND a PF. Just re-watched the beginning of the SDCC 2010 G.I. Joe Panel and the Snake Eyes featured in the opening crawl has a noticeably different commando goggle head sculpt and is much bulkier.

I'm intrigued, because Snake Eyes is my favorite Joe, but the switchout visored head does not look good with the commando sweater. It may have been cost prohibitive, but a switch out torso would have been better.

I'll wait for the PF especially because if its a maquette it'll be in 1:5 or 1:6 scale...but it does look good.

I'll wait for the PF especially because if its a maquette it'll be in 1:5 or 1:6 scale...but it does look good.
Not necessarily. Spidey, Venom, Classic Iron Man, and Iron Man Mark VI Maquettes/Comiquettes are all 1/4 scale. Hard to tell based on that pic. But if they are also planning a PF, it seems like the Maquette would be in a different scale.

SE.jpg

He is slimmer than the one that was previewed in the SDCC video, but I'm guessing they just changed the sculpt. The pose and gear is way too similar to have both pf and comiquette in the same way.

Yeah, they probably scrapped the idea of a PF and are going with this instead. He makes more sense slimmer IMO. Looks like Arnold wearing a Snake Eyes disguise on the left.

Back