Smuggler han head sculpt removal?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi,

Bought this a few months ago and want to move him to a hot toys body. How do i remove the head? It's really tight and i don't want to destroy him by using to much force.

Thanks,

Best,

Robert

I removed an Ash head once putting it in boiling water first, though as I recall I had to work it a bit. I did destroy the neck adapter in the process of taking the sculpt off of the body, but no big loss there.

Well i got impatient and took a screwdriver to him. It worked without too much damage. Thinking about a ttm18 body. Any thoughts?

Best,

Robert

Well, I guess that would also work :lol Head will probably be too large for a TT, but it can't hurt to give it a shot. One of the big problems with Solo is that he usually has his neck exposed, and for that look, you don't want a neck sculpted to the head, but a muscle chest part that a neckless head can connect to.

If you're brave, you can carve away the neck along the jawline, then get the body with the neck. No exposed joints.

If you're doing a body swap, then I'd attempt to shave the neck like Karmazov80 said. The TTL 3.0 body has a sculpted neck. They accept HT hands too. Not sure about the feet though. I have a few TTL bodies and they are pretty good. If you do go this route, you should also paint the body (chest anywayss) to match the head and give him a hairy chest too.

Rob send him to our buddy in Charleston! He cut the neck off and custom painted a HT narrow shoulder body to match!

You can spot him in the background:

63dc2297bf3682aa7948834b5c6b7f33_zpsaf929808.jpg

Thanks for the tips guys. I might ship him to hoyt and go the ht narrow way. Big fan of his work. Shipping sucks though. Which body number?

I take it tatooine luke needs the same body?

Best,

Robert

Which body has a sculpted neck and is good and affordable?

I see a tony stark body. Good for han? Any other options?

Best,

Robert

Last edited:
Luke needs a HT Slim or equivalent. He should be shorter and slighter in build than Han.

As for Han bodies, I wouldn't go with the HT (especially a Stark). They're expensive! There are a TON of really good bodies on Ebay under "1/6 headplay body". They have great narrow shoulder knock-offs (some with necks attached). Otherwise try the TTL as recommended.

I use a TT Narrow Shoulder and I'm very pleased with how he turned out. Hoyt painted the head, neck and chest so it all blends together.

Bought a ttl3 for han. Going for a ttm18 for luke. To cut of the neck...should i use a dremmel?

Best,

Robert

I used a Soldier story body on mine... shoulders are a bit broad, but I think overall it works well. There's a new version of the body that might work better, but I haven't tried one out yet.

hand.jpg

I used a dremmel.

First cut of the neck as close to the chin with the flat cutting disc as you can w/o damaging the hair or face. I'd leave about a 1/4 or so. Then use the smaller sanding drum to shape the head, clean it up and hollow out the inside. It takes some time and it kind of a pain, but doable. Afterwards you might use a finer grit sandpaper to do some final cleaning so you don't have any rough edges.

Cool thanks. I'll just take this on myself i guess. First need the body ;). Will drill a hole for the knob. Then i'll dremmel and sand it.

Best,

Robert

Back