Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

2nroaiq.png

:goodpost:

I love the eye shadow. Looks damn real. Especially the eyebrow.

That looks great, Josh. Great likeness matched by a life-giving paint job. Check out Sean's Selina Kyle on the last page of my thread, post #1423.

Awesome paintjob! Dang, that mask Doesn't look painted, like its made of that leather/plastic material.

Thanks for the comments gents. :duff I had alot of fun with this one. Even though the stitching on her cowl was mind numbing at times because there was so many tiny threads :lol The actual cowl is a three part process to give it that nice leather textured look. In person the contrast between the skin and cowl looks very nice. Lots more coming. :peace

Nice to see the updates coming in now Josh! You must have got a nice break from work. :clap

Nice to see the updates coming in now Josh! You must have got a nice break from work. :clap

Oh i get the whole summer off. The joy of teaching i suppose. Im hoping to be back on my regular schedule of posting here pretty soon. :yess:

Hey man, did u dremmel the head? Cause when buying that sculpt, it was noted it was available with neck only.

I'd say it's well done, looks natural. I really want to see that sculpt painted, its the best Willis I've seen.

Hey man, did u dremmel the head? Cause when buying that sculpt, it was noted it was available with neck only.

Yeah i dremmeled the neck to fit the Deston body. Fits like a glove. Its just the right proportion. It was my first time i completely sanded off a neck on a sculpt. Still needs to be refined a bit but overall it look pretty good.

x0tht2.png

Awesome Josh, are you gonna paint the eyes looking to the side or straight? I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Awesome Josh, are you gonna paint the eyes looking to the side or straight? I cant wait to see what you come up with.

Well i suppose to the side. The eyes were sculpted to have that side glance appearance so im not sure if they would look right straight forward. Ill play around with it when the time comes. I would like to do him battle damaged as well. :monkey3

Well i suppose to the side. The eyes were sculpted to have that side glance appearance so im not sure if they would look right straight forward. Ill play around with it when the time comes. I would like to do him battle damaged as well. :monkey3

Definately paint him battle damage, would add even more character to this superb sculpt. :wink1:

Yeah i dremmeled the neck to fit the Deston body. Fits like a glove. Its just the right proportion. It was my first time i completely sanded off a neck on a sculpt. Still needs to be refined a bit but overall it look pretty good.

x0tht2.png

Man, that's perfect!!! :clap

I can't wait for him to do his DH1 version.

I will be very curious to see how you do on this. Very. :wink1: I agree on the BD version. messed up Bruce is better than clean Bruce.

Back