Small_Studios Painted Sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Small_Studios Figure Gallery

Damn Josh that De Niro is awesome.
So much subtle details, like on the forhead.
WOW you're getting better with each paintjob.

Thanks Seb. I find the more detail in a sculpt the better. It gives me a wider range to try new techniques and push the paint app.

Few weeks ago I've finally received the package from Josh. It was hard time for the Russian collectors coz of the ru-post reorganizations and the packages arrived so dammit late, but I'm happy that everything is OK now and that Josh's work didn't vanished.

So that was the head repaint for my Medicom Batman: eyes and mount. And I should say THANKS to Josh for this very-very nice and care job. He even painted the Bale's eyes in the correct color! So the Batman (equipped with the Hot Toys DX belt and gun) looks very angry and ready-to-fight now. And I have no longing for changing him on the DX version, coz he's pretty dust proof and his coat with wires inside looks fantastic! But it all would be impossible without Josh's repainting work. So THANK you so much, bro! I'm very happy with this figure.

That is a Bats figure to be proud of V-Raptor.

This is another example of how nice Medicom figures can be with a little TLC.

Awesome paint Josh. You are the King my friend!!!

BottleRocket, thanks!
I'm very happy with this figure indeed. He looks very Bale-like, anatomic correct and scale accurate for me. The detail on the DX version from HT is better, but on the shelf this one looks more impressive. IMHO. Cant' resist posting just few more shots: :D

Thank you guys for the continued feedback on the De Niro sculpt. Also V-Raptor your Bats is awsome. Im glad he finally made it to you and he looks great on the body. The close up shot almost looks like a movie still. :peace

Hey guys, hope its ok I ask here: I wanted to place the Luke stormie head Josh did for me on a Hot Toys body that would be a more appropriate height....still a HT noob, so which body would be the appropriate (short) size? Or, would the head look too big?

Thanks

The Slim TT is the way to go for sure.

They have gotten rather pricey but for a figure that's going to be completely covered up I have been using the African American version. You can get these for around $40.00.

I hope this helps you. Please post a pic of your Luke head w/ the Josh repaint (if you have not already) when you get a moment.

Yea Matt get that head on a body for crying out loud:gah: and def post pics when you do:peace

Thanks, guys! Ok, slim it is, and good point..I'll get whatever skin color is cheaper since its a totally covered figure...

I promise to post pics soon....camera died in my move (or I killed it), but I have a friend that has a badarse camera...she'll help me

The paint apps on Han and Luke are beautiful........

Oops, last question: I notice it doesnt come with a neck adaptor - I assume the Stormie Luke head is compatible with that neck type?

Thanks, guys!

Last edited:

Sideshows Legolas. I know the sculpt doesnt bare a huge resemblance to Bloom but its not terrible. Darren resculpted this one awhile ago and i thought his had a better likeness. Anyway here are a few shots.

65o75i.png

Upclose shot of the skin tone detail. You would probably only see under a magnifier.

wwlz09.png

Awesome Legolas repaint Josh. You actually make the Sideshow sculpt look pretty decent. Glad I got you to do my Darren sculpt a while back, that one rules! :rock :rock :rock

Awesome Legolas repaint Josh. You actually make the Sideshow sculpt look pretty decent. Glad I got you to do my Darren sculpt a while back, that one rules! :rock :rock :rock

Thanks, yeah i agree Darrens is much better and im glad i could paint it up for you.:peace I think alot of what was throwing off Sideshows was the jaw line.

Back