Small Soldiers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadow Master

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any here who remember this movie? It's a childhood favorite of mine and I still enjoy watching it. It's very underrated and sadly overlooked these days, but it does seem to have somewhat of a following. It's like Toy Story merged with Gremlins and The Terminator. It's hard to believe it's now 15 years old (yep, today is the anniversary), I still remember well when it was released and still have a bunch of the toys packed away in my closet. I always enjoy watching it, it's an overlooked gem for sure. Any fans here?

Any here who remember this movie? It's a childhood favorite of mine and I still enjoy watching it. It's very underrated and sadly overlooked these days, but it does seem to have somewhat of a following. It's like Toy Story merged with Gremlins and The Terminator. It's hard to believe it's now 15 years old (yep, today is the anniversary), I still remember well when it was released and still have a bunch of the toys packed away in my closet. I always enjoy watching it, it's an overlooked gem for sure. Any fans here?

I am. It's a fantastic movie. :)

WAR! HUH! What is it good for? Absolutely nothing!

Yup, very underrated movie. Some of Tommy Lee Jones and Sarah Michelle Gellar's best work. ;)

I had, the main baddie can't recall his name, Chip maybe?

It was a fun movie as a kid, was on tele a few months ago but the main character was just so meh now :lol

Eveyone else was great though. The Parents were funny as hell. Was Phil Hartman one of them?

Chip Hazard was the name of the lead Commando. I still have his action figure and the battle-damaged variant. Man, the memories of having the Commandos and Gorgonites battling in my room when I had the action figures :D

Big fan of Small Soldiers, saw it recently again, still loads of fun.

Wish they had done more of those figures using Stan Winston's original molds along with the movie packaging. Those Small Soldiers statues are also very hard to come by.

And they were really well made, the Chip i had was heavy and durable and had tight joints. Was playable and sturdy

I remember, they're extremely durable. I remember for months the Commandos were almost impossible to find, I remember it wasn't until Halloween 1998 I managed to find Chip, Brick Bazooka and Nick Nitro. Got them along with the Buzzsaw Tank.

I miss those toys. For such a violent movie it sure was marketed to kids heavily, it wasn't that bad but still. Really good movie though. Wish they made more figures and movies.

I miss those toys. For such a violent movie it sure was marketed to kids heavily, it wasn't that bad but still. Really good movie though. Wish they made more figures and movies.

It does get pretty violent at times but it's nothing too bad, really.

I always wondered why figures of Butch Meathook and Link Static never got made for the toyline, as well as a full-sized Ocula? Always struck me as weird.

Love this movie! Still have it sitting in my cabinet on VHS :lol

I wonder what a sequel could be like? I remember a few years back there was actually talk of a Small Soldiers 2 but there's been nothing new on it since.

Back