Small Soldiers Movie figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as I remember there were some very expensive ones sold around Christmas by soma fancy place up in New York (I think FYE). They sent us a few catologs but nobody here could afford the stuff.

Then there were Stan Winston's own set (ones used in the movie) displayed at his office, but when he die a lot of his displays were sold, auction off; maybe even thrown away, The Small Soldiers were one of them becauce I remember reading about it. I had some pictures of the actually figures used in the movies when they were being offered for sell, but my wife doesn't care about my stuff and deleted them.

The only thing that's left is Kenner's line, one figure was rare in the US (Kip Killagen) and two weren't even offered to US collectors, an arrow firing Archer and a dragter Freakenstein.One top of that, Link Static, Butch Meathook and Ocula were never made.

does anyone know if and where there is limited edition Stan Winston small soldiers figures?

SmallSoldiers.jpg

As far as I know this was Stan Winston's company display that no longer exists.

I heard rumors that they ended up being shipped to third world combat zones in Central America. Could be wrong though...

I'd be interested in Chip Hazard and Archer if they were like replica collectible action figures from the film. Sort of like the Stan Winston figures,

SS2.jpg

Plastic with the same exact articulation that was shown in the movie, with accessories and an exact replica of the box they came in, right down to the art. Sort of like those Toy Story Collection figures that are out with the Buzz Lightyear space ship box only make these Small Soldier figures more high end.

gorgon2.jpg

No voice or motion gimmicks, just nice 12" collectible figures.

The signed ones were offered by FYE, and they were limited. Stan Winston's display got auctioned/sold/or thrown away from what I remember reading.
There were two 12” sets of Chip and Archer, Talking and the other non-talkers, they were more poseable and had more weapons. Also the first talking Chip did not have Tommy Lee Jones voice.
In the 6" line I remember two vehicles, a tank with a small Ocula and a motorcycle. There were two deluxe figures, Punch-it and Scratchit, and Slam Fist. The rest of the set was carded, there were at least four or five Archers, three or four Chips, two Insaniacs, two Freakensteins, Flatchoo (who had nothing to do with the small Soldier or Gorgonites), and they never made a full size Ocula.
The rest of the Commandos were Brick Bazooka, Nick Nitro, Kip Killigen (Who came out at the lines end and was almost impossible to find), and they never made Link Static, and Butch Meathook.
Lastly one of the Archers and one of the Freakensteins only came out in Canada. The Archer bent over and fired a big arrow from his back, and the Freakenstein was some kind of dragster.
For some sappy reason that movie touched my heart (The ending always gets me.)and I would have bought everything Kenner put out if they were to have continued with the line. As it is I bought two sets of everything, one to open and one to keep carded.
Hardees or Burger King had some Happy Meals toys of them and I used the Ocula from the set to feel in my 6” line. There was a board game with mini figure (non-poseable) that was a lot like capture the flag or king of thing. On top of that it was the usually marketing crap that comes out with every movie.

I’d love a sequel, to find out if they made it to GorGun, and for some company to finish out each of the factions finally. Hot Toys doing a Small Soldiers line or even Sideshow (if they measured up) would be a dream come true.

Oh, ok. Do you know whether there is any Stan Winston Small Soldiers Figures around, because Stan Winston apparently got the people who designed the set toys for Small Soldiers to make 25 replica Archer and Chip Hazard toys. I found an auction that i posted a link to. The auction was in August 2008. 1 of each archer and chip hazard were sold by Profiles in History. Does anyone know any people or companies or collection toy dealers that could find some for me, and if i can get in contact with them?

I don't have a clue, but I wish you luck.

In this period of my life, I wished I could have sailed away with them.:monkey2

Thanks Dollmanron. Does any one else know about where i could find a Limited Small Soldiers signed by Stan Winston for sale or auction or any collectable small soldiers (excluding the hasbro and kenner ones)?

Google Small Soldiers, you may have to add Kenner or Stan Winston to it. There are several sites selling them. They usually don't have the entire collection available though. For toys that were clearenced for 2 for $5 now they want $40 to well over a hundred for. The Holy grail of the Small Soldiers is going to be the Battle changing Archer,then Tragster Freakenstein, and finally Kip Killigen. Most online stores and even the websites do not list the battle changing Archer and Freakenstein These were from the last assortment that the US din't get, Canada did and most collectors had a hard time in the states getting them. I've looked through my storage building and found a few boxes of my set. I'll post some more once I find the rest.

IMG_0737.jpg

The top two are non talking action figures. Bottem three with talking feature, if you notice the middle one has a starburst in the top leftcorner that means it has real vioce from movie. The last one does not.

IMG_0738.jpg

This has the three boxed delux figures. if you look on the card and see the green box with the arrows coming down, they are the battle changing figures, they were last assortment. KB toys got Kip but only Canadian stores got Archer and Freakenstein.

Im not looking for the hasbro and kenner ones but thanks anyway. I am looking for the replicas that Stan Winston made or the original puppets that were made (Preferably Archer in the puppets and Stan Winston's ones). I meant do you know any websites that i could find useful that are selling or have got them because i cant go to any store over in America or in Canada because i live in Australia. Or i wouldnt mind those small soldiers that were made in japan made out of porcelain, the only problem is if they break while being shipped over here (Australia).

And since I went to the trouble to dig these out of my storage building that took all day, here is the rest of the Kenner set.

IMG_0742-1.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

The ones you're lookin for are in the hands of only a handful of collectors, probably less than five people actually have these figures. Sucks, they were pretty damn cool.

Back