Sleepy Hollow on Fox

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to see a Sleepy Hollow series that is much truer to the original book, with the Horseman and perhaps some witches being the only supernatural elements. I wouldn't mind mentions of other creatures/demons though.

I want a long series that builds up to and really fleshes out the mystery of the Horseman. Something very slow, yet still incredibly engaging with each episode. I want to become fully immersed in that world, in that tale.

I feel that that is what's missing from most television shows today. Everything is rushed and eventually ends up being "TEH APOCALYPSE ANGELS DEMONS GODS TEH DEVIL OMG".

Supernatural for example, and this show already.

The simple and subtle story with a slow build-up just feels so much more fulfilling IMO. Not everything needs to revolve around the most important, mind-blowing events in the universe.

I still like the show though and will continue to watch it. Not bashing it at all.

I'm not sure that idea would be enough material for a whole series. Maybe a one-season thing. I like that they keep it open with this. I really enjoyed episode four, even though I find the sister sort of annoying as a character. Hopefully she'll be used sparingly.

Thought the pilot was really stupid. Great potential, poorly executed. Dialogue and structure was awful. A lot of the acting very poor, and it ripped off, sorry.. homaged a lot of other material.
Universal had it on after Bates Motel and the difference in quality was quite staggering.

Thought the pilot was really stupid. Great potential, poorly executed. Dialogue and structure was awful. A lot of the acting very poor, and it ripped off, sorry.. homaged a lot of other material.
Universal had it on after Bates Motel and the difference in quality was quite staggering.

Guess you're not a fan of fun.

:pfft:

I never expected to get into this show for the quality of the acting or structured dialogue. It is purely enteraining, nice to look at, and brings me back to those supernatural shows I loved watching as I grew up.

:pfft:

I never expected to get into this show for the quality of the acting or structured dialogue. It is purely enteraining, nice to look at, and brings me back to those supernatural shows I loved watching as I grew up.

As someone who laughed at the very premise when this idea was first announced, I am proud to admit I was wrong, and this show works for me. I love the characters, and all the world building going on. I'm excited to see where it goes.

Well duh. Of course this isn't going to be as good as Bates Motel, or most other cable shows. If you were expecting it to be near that level of quality, you're retarded.

The only "poor" acting so far has been from the sister who was locked up. Everyone else has been surprisingly good IMO.

Damn, it's on break already?! :gah: Why in the world would you not have a show like this on during Halloween season? :cuckoo:

For a show that was written off as usual before it even aired.. it's Creepy good TV..:) Thus far it's been a fun ride!

Well duh. Of course this isn't going to be as good as Bates Motel, or most other cable shows. If you were expecting it to be near that level of quality, you're retarded.

The only "poor" acting so far has been from the sister who was locked up. Everyone else has been surprisingly good IMO.

:):lol:rotfl

Diggin the show...my only complaint is that Ichabod has been buried for over 200 years and his clothes haven't even started to break, de-thread, its almost as new...but still he needs something more current, IMO.

Back