Slave Leia -- Kotobukiya, or Gentle Giant?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think what this is coming down to is convenience and price. so, i'll go with the Koto for now. GG isn't bad looking, but it seems like more of a hassle to get her on the throne and it's at least twice as expensive as the Koto version. and i don't need 2 different statues of the same character.

of course, i wouldn't be having this problem if Sideshow just made slave Leia instead of Boushh. i know Hasbro made one, but it just looks bad. even for them.
and, really, when you think of Return of the Jedi which Leia do you picture? yeah. hot one.
seems like a no-brainer to make Slave Leia 1st. oh well, Koto get's my money instead of Sideshow.
________
Volcano vaporizers

Last edited:
The problem with Sideshow making a Slave Leia is of course that most articulated 1/6 scale bodies look like crap without clothes. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see one from Sideshow.

The problem with Sideshow making a Slave Leia is of course that most articulated 1/6 scale bodies look like crap without clothes. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see one from Sideshow.
it doesn't need to be fully articulated if it's just gonna sit on the throne though, i'd be happy with ball/cut joints in her neck and shoulders and maybe hips. nothing fancy. basically make it as another accessory pack.
________
Marijuana Dispensary

Last edited:
I suppose, but Sideshow to my knowledge has never made that kind of figure for a human or humanoid. I'd like to see that kind of figure with limited articulation for Gollum from Lord of the Rings, but I don't think it'll happen.

1/6 figure Slave Leia would look quite bad indeed with the exposed joints.

As for the Koto and GG statues I have both and I like both. Prefused you could buy the one that you think will fit your taste. I don't have Jabba set since my main focus are OT Imperials and secondary focus are droids and Slave Leia. See some pics of my Kotobukiya Slave Leia and Gentle Giant Slave Leia statues

1/6 figure Slave Leia would look quite bad indeed with the exposed joints.

As for the Koto and GG statues I have both and I like both. Prefused you could buy the one that you think will fit your taste. I don't have Jabba set since my main focus are OT Imperials and secondary focus are droids and Slave Leia. See some pics of my Kotobukiya Slave Leia and Gentle Giant Slave Leia statues
heh. i actually ran across your gallery a while ago when i was looking for pics of the statues with the SS Jabba

speaking of not making 1/6 figures... was there ever an Oola 12" made by anyone? or a 1/6 statue? anything?
________
Herbal Vaporizers

Last edited:
Ahhh then theres the reason I bought mine scale imho the best and the pose iconic, here she is after shes been given the hurricane treatment

HPIM0337.jpg

HPIM0292.jpg

Awesome work! I'm thinking of doing this. Did you do it yourself or did you hire someone for the job? I don't have the moolah at the moment, but one of these days, I'd like to know if I can commission someone for the job. :D

Not concerned with the placement of leia.

I'm more particular about realism. The jabba set is already great in the looks department, koto leia is just going to spoil it.
IMG_2984a.jpg

Leia is close enough to scale for me. I replaced her plastic loincloth with the cloth from the Hasbro figure. $50 is a great deal for it.

jabba_leia.jpg

Where is that Jawa from? Also isn't Gentle Giant making a accesory pack of Leia for their throne would that be to scale?

And while we are talking about it anyone got a Gentle Giant statue on sale for cheap? :chew :monkey3

The release of the new General Obi-Wan Kenobi which Hot Toys helped Sideshow develop got me thinking today. I think there may be hope for a 1/6 Slave Leia to be done right (right=no joints showing). I guess I've never paid attention to Hot Toys work before now, but I was just noticing that Hot Toys seems to have figured out how to hide the joints on some of their figures as evidenced by their Rambo, Rocky and some other figures. I don't own any of these so I can't attest to how limited their mobility is or if they are durable or if the "skin" holds up well, but as long as Leia can lay on Jabbas thrown in the movie pose and look good doing it, that's the only articulation needed IMO. While the figures I am referring to are "beefed-up" male figures, I am hopeful and optimistic that Hot Toys will assist Sideshow with a Slave Leia that hides the joints the way the previously mentioned male figures do. I just wonder if it can be done on a smaller female scale as I haven't seen any Hot Toys females using the same technique used on the male figures like Rocky and Rambo. However, I'm really hoping that Sideshow gets help from Hot Toys on Leia and I'd love to see a joint venture with Sideshow, Hot Toys and Medicom to do the ultimate Chewbacca with fur. Surely if the big 3 in 1/6 scale come together they can pull it off, but that's a whole other topic. I just don't want to see a Leia with bad joints like Aayla Secura. It's all or nothing for me with Leia and Chewy.

there's at least 2 problems i can think of if Hot Toys made a slave Leia --
1 - from what i've heard, the rubber skin they use doesn't hold up and restricts mobility.
2 - from what i've seen, i wouldn't trust them to do a decent face sculpt.

slave Leia would be perfect if Sideshow did what i suggested earlier; make it an accessory pack with minimal articulation and sculpted in a pose so it can lay on the throne.
the pack could come with different arms and legs for standing. and the pillow thing she was laying on. and maybe the Jawa with the fan. it's foolproof.
________
K125

Last edited:
there's at least 2 problems i can think of if Hot Toys made a slave Leia --
1 - from what i've heard, the rubber skin they use doesn't hold up and restricts mobility.
2 - from what i've seen, i wouldn't trust them to do a decent face sculpt.

slave Leia would be perfect if Sideshow did what i suggested earlier; make it an accessory pack with minimal articulation and sculpted in a pose so it can lay on the throne.

That's what I was scared of. I was thinking I had heard that the rubber skin doesn't hold up well and honestly, I can't see how it could without eventually drying out and cracking or ripping when changing poses or end up looking way too bulky. I agree that I absolutely would not want Hot Toys or Medicom to do the face sculpt. Sideshow definitely has them both beat on face sculpts. You're suggestion just may be the best thing we could hope for for a Slave Leia.

Sideshow has Hot Toys beat on head sculpts? Seriously?

Even when Sideshow has good base sculpts, they screw it up with the paint.

I think they all three have hits and misses, but overall I think Sideshow has better face sculpts that the other two - that's just my opinion. Honestly though, Hot Toys hasn't done any Star Wars scuplts for me to compare. Have they? I prefer to compare each companys interpretation of a certian character to the other. For instance, when I compare Medicoms Jedi Luke, Maul or Han to Sideshows counterpart, I prefer Sideshows. But I agree Sideshow has been known to really screw up a good sculpt with paint (i.e. ANH Luke, Padme, "Lipstick" Anakin, "Sith Eyes" Mace. . . just to name a few). However, to give credit where credit is due, I think Sideshow is going to have a hard time beating Medicoms Boba and Jango. They are just awesome and that Jango is a sculpt they definitely got right. Honestly, I think they all three each have strengths and weaknesses and neither can be perfect. I guess I just prefer Sideshow because I have more of them and they are a better bang for my buck.

Back