Slave Leia -- Kotobukiya, or Gentle Giant?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prefused

Super Freak
Reaction score
a conundrum. here's the deal - i finally got around to getting the Sideshow Jabba 12" figure and the bastards haven't made a Leia to go with him. so, i'm kinda stuck with getting statues for now.
the thing is, i like the Koto sculpt more than the GG one. a lot more... but, is it really to scale with Jabba, or is it just too small?
assuming i had to get one or the other, which way should i go here?

discuss.

on a related note - if you have the Sideshow throne, the best thing to do would be to sell it to me. i don't care if it's loose.
________
BUY SCALE

Last edited:
I know there's some pics around here somewhere with the koto leia and jabba together. She looks pretty good with it, actually. Haven't take the plunge yet myself but I'd go with the koto one. Have their darth maul and vader from that series and they look great with the rest of the ss sw stuff.

I have the Koto Slave Leia with my Sideshow Jabba. The scale is off slightly, but still works well together. Because the GG statue is attached to the base, its hard if not impossible without major mods to get her on the throne.

Tfaw has the Leia for sale in the nick and dent section. I have ordered Koto's from them before. The only thing that is damaged is the box it comes in, and the ones I bought had very minor box damage at that.

https://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Kotobukiya-Star-Wars-Princess-Leia-Pre-Painted-Soft-Vinyl-Model-Kit-Nick-|and|-Dent___246730
well, that's cheaper than anything ive seen go for on ebay. so, that might be the way to go.
I have the Koto Slave Leia with my Sideshow Jabba. The scale is off slightly, but still works well together. Because the GG statue is attached to the base, its hard if not impossible without major mods to get her on the throne.
and that also brings up the price issue.
i can afford both, but there's no reason to have both. and i'd rather not have to hack apart a statue just to get it to sit on the throne that Sideshow didn't bother to make a figure for in the first place.
what i did notice is Koto figures are to scale to the Medicom Vader... which is interesting... that's a whole 'nother topic.
anyway, are you sure Leia isn't to scale? i know the Koto stuff is 1/7 scale, but Carrie wasn't anywhere near 6ft, so a 10"-11" statue should work out, right?
________
Cheap Vaporizers

Last edited:
I know there's some pics around here somewhere with the koto leia and jabba together. She looks pretty good with it, actually. Haven't take the plunge yet myself but I'd go with the koto one. Have their darth maul and vader from that series and they look great with the rest of the ss sw stuff.
yeah, but you don't get how OCD i am about scale. like, i have a problem. and the world will end if i get the wrong size Leia.
________
HONDA CBR150R

Last edited:
Leia is close enough to scale for me. I replaced her plastic loincloth with the cloth from the Hasbro figure. $50 is a great deal for it.

jabba_leia.jpg

Leia is close enough to scale for me. I replaced her plastic loincloth with the cloth from the Hasbro figure. $50 is a great deal for it.

jabba_leia.jpg
awesome. i've been looking for pics of it on the throne.

i don't guess you're willing to sell the statue or the throne by any chance?
had to ask.:monkey3
________
BUY IOLITE VAPORIZER

Last edited:
For realism, GG is the way to go.
meh, the only reason i'd consider the GG one is scale.
as a statue, i think it's kinda boring compared to the Koto version.
nobody does great poses and face sculpts like the Japanese.
i might get it if i can find a good deal on it, though.
I think I'll keep them. ;)

Have you checked the For Sale section here and on Rebelscum for thrones?
yeppers. think i'm screwed until one turns up on ebay. nobody wants to get rid of that throne.
________
Vaporizer manufacturer

Last edited:
hey prefused why dont you get on sideshow waitlist for thr thorne. i did about 2 months ago and it took maybe like 2 or 3 weeks to convert. give it a shot, you might get lucky. good luck!

hey prefused why dont you get on sideshow waitlist for thr thorne. i did about 2 months ago and it took maybe like 2 or 3 weeks to convert. give it a shot, you might get lucky. good luck!
actually, i just checked and it's up on 2nd chance.
definitely not worth 200 bucks, though... i'll wait for a loose/clearanced one to turn up.
________
Chrysler la engine

Last edited:

jabba_leia.jpg

How many times have you knocked 3PO over when you've gone to turn the lights on? Cool stuff!

BB

dammit... you guys keep posting great pics of both and now i want both.
i still like the Koto, but now that i can see what GG looks like on the throne it's awesome, too.
collecting is hard.
________
Vaporizer store

Last edited:
Ahhh then theres the reason I bought mine scale imho the best and the pose iconic, here she is after shes been given the hurricane treatment

HPIM0337.jpg

HPIM0292.jpg

The GG statue without the base looks the best, I think, but that's way more difficult than most people want to tackle (it involves dremeling off the base). I don't care for the way the statue looks with the base. It looks too much like a statue that has just been placed on the throne (which is in fact what it is).

As for the Koto being plasticky, that's true I guess, but so is Sideshow Jabba.

The GG statue without the base looks the best, I think, but that's way more difficult than most people want to tackle (it involves dremeling off the base). I don't care for the way the statue looks with the base. It looks too much like a statue that has just been placed on the throne (which is in fact what it is).

As for the Koto being plasticky, that's true I guess, but so is Sideshow Jabba.

I just slid a piece of styrofoam under Jabba's animal skin to raise him up a little. Yes I'd rather I could put Leia on his throne without her little platform but there's absolutely no way I'll attack it with a dremel.

The KOTO (and I went through the decision game too prefused) looks plasticky (and IMHO) and a little bit too toyish while the GG one maintains the overall 1/6 dio look to the entire piece.

Back