Action Figure Skiman's 1/6 [PAINT] Custom Doc Ock [Spiderman 2] by Skiman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Digging this thread up because I just bought this Doc Ock myself to give this customization a try as well. Hope mine looks anywhere near as good as yours!

I think the trick will be finding a trench coat that I like, that fits a big body. I'm going to us a bigger, beefier body.

It comes with a flimsy, plastic trench. I want something nicer. It honestly doens't look that bad, especially if I beat it up a little more. But I'd like to try something different. I'm basically reusing the head, the big belt thing and the tentacles. Everything else will be different.

At least that's the plan. ;)

By the way, these tentacles are a ***** to pose. I put them in hot water, pulled each out and held it in a position I liked and they mostly held. But posing them otherwise was impossible.

Oh, you got the one with plastic trench.
You do know there was one with a material trench?

This is a modified version of the figure, but the trench is what comes with the figure:
IMG_7824.jpg

pic courtesy of Lord Vicious

Any recommendations as to which body to use for this, if I don't go with the body that came with it?

I have a big, beefy body that I thought I might use, but it's too skinny at the waist, and it has the "ab crunch" articulation. So a big, ugly separation in the mid section. I'm looking for a big, meaty body that has a solid torso.

Hello cofphoto,

I'm heading to the gym here really quick but I'll give you my experience with this as soon as I get back. I was commissioned with a few of these and used about 4-5 different bodies for each customer.

Ski

Cool, thanks Ski!

I did a few these with mine being the Odin body because the arms didn't take up as much space with the doubling of coats (under and over coats). That being said some others have commissioned me with the TTM19, Barney Ross, Odin and Kaustic bodies. Although the bigger bodies look much better for his chest and torso the stomach piece will need some sort of modding since it's going to need expanding to fit the waist of those larger bodies.

I sculpted about a 1/4 of a inch on each side to accommodate the mod. I hope that helps and sorry for the late reply.

Ski

Last edited:
I was thinking of doing a body swap on mine and cutting the tentacles into sections and re stringing them with easily bendable crafting wire.

I was thinking of doing a body swap on mine and cutting the tentacles into sections and re stringing them with easily bendable crafting wire.

I also heard there were a few versions of the tentacles, some were very strong and held positions great and the others were not so much. I must of gotten lucky with the decent versions.

Hope that helps my friends.

Ski

Sent from my SKI-N900P using Skiatalk

Here is what my Doc Ock turned out to look like. Very happy with him, he looks awesome in person. I may end up dirtying him up a bit, he's a bit too clean for me. But very happy so far.
doc ock.jpg

Back