Singapore toy games and comic convention and the hot toys scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see it as a "scam", but more of a "supply and demand", it keeps the fans happy that more are able to secure one as this will be highly sought after. But if you think that all Hot Toys are "limited" then you are in for a long ride.

Just because they tell you a number, it doesn't mean it's accurate, nobody really keeps track of exactly how many pieces are released as they are not numbered directly on the boxes, I personally don't care for the number of pieces released, all I care is being able to get one.

You have a right to be upset, but I wouldn't of given up my spot!

I can't believe you waited 13+ hours for nothing. Does it really matter if they are producing more? I think that it is much more preferable than not having as much as they promised. Whenever I buy any Hot Toys, I buy it because I like it. I could care less about how many they made. Each and every one of mine I would have purchased even if they made 10,000 more than expected. I would have been thrilled to have been no. 801 and known that I have an opportunity to purchase Midas. I think somewhere down the line you're going to regret this decision.

Well now I know that, I can receive an email from sideshow, take five minutes to decide if I want this in my collection, and order in a calm, rational way lol at exclusive, anyone who wants this will get it.

I feel for the poster but you have to realize it's just a toy while people in other parts of the world are dying from hunger, wars & genocide.

How is releasing 800 more units misleading? Unless your plan was to sell the figure for profit based on its percieved rarity...

I welcome a big edition. I really dig the mark vii and have multiples of every variation made available.

Last edited:
I can't believe he waited in line overnight for a toy :) Mine are dropped off at my house by a mail courier, my method seems a lot easier.

Of course its misleading, i queued for 13 hours for it too. My initial plan was to go in the morning but apparently a queue started much earlier so i joined it too. If i had known i could have just Preordered it and receive it in the end, i would have just gone in the morning.

How is releasing 800 more units misleading? Unless your plan was to sell the figure for profit based on its percieved rarity...

I welcome a big edition. I really dig the mark vii and have multiples of every variation made available.

We are into this hobby because we like and enjoy the figures. I queued up for almost 15 hours too but I must say I really did enjoy this figure!

9644881087_5ac926cdfb_b.jpg

9648116926_c9b8bc7bb1_b.jpg

Agreed with most people on here, I would never miss a night of sleep or an entire day to get a figure. BUT, it sure looks nice on your shelf reuters. Congrats!

If it were truly limited to 800 it would be worth the long wait. Miss 1 night of sleep? Whoop dee do.

But knowing this will pop up on SSC and maybe other sites shortly makes the waiting game an easy pass. Grats to those who stuck it out though.

It should not be an exclusive because although its really nothing more then a repaint it actually a separate Iron Man Armor so to those who want to have a complete set of Armors this would be a definite

Feel your pain bro, but you gotta realize with these show exclusives that either a few things are gonna happen:
1- you're gonna wait in line and get a truly exclusive item
2- you're gonna wait in line and not get diddly
3 - you're gonna wait in line and get it, but they'll be some shenanigans like... it ain't really that exclusive.
Either way, you have to accept it's going to go in your favor or completely sideways when you decide to give up your time/sleep to get the figure.
Just my philosophy when I'm doing Con exclusives.

Feel your pain bro, but you gotta realize with these show exclusives that either a few things are gonna happen:
3 - you're gonna wait in line and get it, but they'll be some shenanigans like... it ain't really that exclusive.
Either way, you have to accept it's going to go in your favor or completely sideways when you decide to give up your time/sleep to get the figure.

Real Talk. Thing always comes to my mind with exclusives is the Matty Collector Bank Robber Joker. Sells out, sells for around 100$ for 2 years, then a truck full is sold to a retail chain called Binny's and you can buy for 10$ for a year there were so many. Guy above said it best

:exactly:.. I bet that Hot Toys didn't think that a gold repaint of the Mark7 would cause such a panic. They probably thought lets make 800 of these and sell them to convention fans only, since it's just a repaint of Mark7. Then all hell breaks loose on their facebook page and other forums and they realize that this is more then just a gimmick figure, and is selling for a grand on Ebay. Let's make more for the market, and since this is a last minute idea, let's push it out to 1st quarter of next year for more to be released.

Now if on the other hand all of this was preplanned by Hot Toys, then they are really masters at baiting the market.:panic:

Back