Singapore toy games and comic convention and the hot toys scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So....wait...you didn't actually like the figure? I would have imagined you would have bought it anyway if you really wanted it. What are you scheming?

Thats why I buy these figures because I actually want the figure..not how much I can sell it for down the road...its always nice to know that your collection is worth more than you paid..but this guy isnt in it for the love of the collection.....so I shed no tear for him. Now if he went out and bought a $1500 Tumbler and then they rereleased it...different story..but still haha

Hes a scalper, he deserved it and now hes crying

Just wondering, guys -- do you know the OP personally? Have you dealt with him before, or have seen him online selling figures at insane mark up?

Aren't we being too quick on the trigger? Has it been proven that everyone who lines up for collectibles are probably scalpers? If he'd be proven a scalper then I'd be first in line to say that what happened served him right. However I have seen his collection and he really is into limited edition items. His showroom also shows how much love and passion he has for collecting.

ALSO HOW DARE YOU MISLEAD YOUR FANS.

THIS IS NOT HOW YOU RUN A BUSINESS.

This, for me is exactly what showed me what kinda of collector OP is.

Self Centered collector who thinks The collectibles company owns him everthing.

Just wondering, guys -- do you know the OP personally? Have you dealt with him before, or have seen him online selling figures at insane mark up?

Aren't we being too quick on the trigger? Has it been proven that everyone who lines up for collectibles are probably scalpers? If he'd be proven a scalper then I'd be first in line to say that what happened served him right. However I have seen his collection and he really is into limited edition items. His showroom also shows how much love and passion he has for collecting.

Scenario 1: he's a huge iron man fan and really wants this, lines up and waits for an insane amount of time because he needs this fig on his shelf purely for himself.

Scenario 2:. He sees theres an iron man figure coming and its already selling for huge amounts of money on ebay and other markets maybe. He has an opportunity to get it at retail and he knows how limited it is because hes been told for weeks, then he waits and finds out its not so limited after all and theres going to be tons on the market and everyone may have a fair shot at getting it, so he leaves the line and gives up his chance of getting the figure... For what reason? If he wanted he had the rare opportunity to get it, something alot of us wish we could do.

Ps scenario 2 is what he did...

Never dawned on me that the OP was a scalper but the more comments I read the more I'm starting to agree. HT announcing there's another 800 or 8 million figures to be released after these guys waited in line for 13+ hours is priceless :lol

I think everyone has their own passion towards their hobby and what OP is trying to say is that he sacrifice his timing to sleep in order to get what he loves but in the end found out that you can actually come at a later time instead of the night before. That actually makes alot differents to me when you can sleep and still get the figure in the morning.

I went to the event too so I can understand how that pain felt. Theres really alot of people queuing up for the item and yet there is only 2 cashier taking up payment.. abit lame to see that happened considered Hot Toys & Action City had hosted so many big events in the past... and in asia we are not so fortunate to have a website like sideshow to purchase hot toys via online, we have to physically get down to a store to buy or pre order instead.

What if one day, sideshow says "Hey guys we no longer sell toys online please kindly drop by our store to purchase your favourite toys from now onwards how will you feel?" so please don't blame OP for been so fed up of queuing so long and realize theres more PO available at a later timing.

If people living in asia had the choice of not queuing and still get the toys online, do you think they are still willing to queue?

I think everyone has their own passion towards their hobby and what OP is trying to say is that he sacrifice his timing to sleep in order to get what he loves but in the end found out that you can actually come at a later time instead of the night before. That actually makes alot differents to me when you can sleep and still get the figure in the morning.

I went to the event too so I can understand how that pain felt. Theres really alot of people queuing up for the item and yet there is only 2 cashier taking up payment.. abit lame to see that happened considered Hot Toys & Action City had hosted so many big events in the past... and in asia we are not so fortunate to have a website like sideshow to purchase hot toys via online, we have to physically get down to a store to buy or pre order instead.

What if one day, sideshow says "Hey guys we no longer sell toys online please kindly drop by our store to purchase your favourite toys from now onwards how will you feel?" so please don't blame OP for been so fed up of queuing so long and realize theres more PO available at a later timing.

If people living in asia had the choice of not queuing and still get the toys online, do you think they are still willing to queue?

Hi WindzStriker,

Fellow Singaporean agreeing with u.
I have queue up for STGCC 2011 2 years back and I was pretty tired after queuing up for about 6 hours n hence I can understand the pain that JediGuy went through.

The one good thing in Singapore is that as we don't get figures delivered to us, we go to our shops and we get to pick our figures and exchanges are much easier to be done, though that does not cut down on the replacement time taken by Action City/ Hot Toys.

Leaving the queue after queuing for one night shows that he's intended to buy only cos of its perceived exclusivity. If he's a scalper he can easily sell it off for a profit of couple hundreds. Why would he leave the queue and make zero profit? Which also means he was never interested in the figure. Hot Toys could have made 1/4 red tomato and label it exclusive and people would be queuing up.

Thats why people from 3rd world countries IMO needs to live in Occident to really appreciate life.

https://vimeo.com/23197739

you've said singapore is full of idiots and now is a third world country?

i specifically love when you name call, insult whole nations and their people, then report a poster to the mods for calling you out.

brilliant.jpg

STGCC Tickets 300 dollars.

Hotel room near convention 500 dollars.

Concession stand Hot dog and a drink 50 dollars.

Wait in line 13 hours for super exclusive HT IM figure, missing entire convention, while trying not to **** or piss yourself, only to find out HT will be releasing 800 more for preorder for next year....****ing Priceless:rotfl:rotfl

Wait in line 13 hours for super exclusive HT IM figure, missing entire convention, while trying not to **** or piss yourself, only to find out HT will be releasing 800 more for preorder for next year....****ing Priceless:rotfl:rotfl

Cost of STGCC ticket is about $20.

Singaporeans do not need to book any hotel rooms because the convention centre is the most 1 hour away from their homes.

Food at convention will not go beyond $10 unless we go to the restaurants.

I started queuing at about 8 and there were almost about 100+ people in front of me already. I must say at the end of the day and after all the fiasco, I am very happy with the Midas that I got and it is just another excellent addition to my collection. As far as I hated scalpels who had no interest in this figure but selling for a quick hefty profit, this is just part and parcel of this hobby.

I do have complaints about the way that the queue and the payment was being handled and it definitely has a lot of room for improvement. But hey, I got the Midas on hand already and I am enjoying it. I think that is the most important.

you've said singapore is full of idiots and now is a third world country?

i specifically love when you name call, insult whole nations and their people, then report a poster to the mods for calling you out.

brilliant.jpg

^Delusional Person.

P.S. I didnt report anyone to the administration. Darklord Dave ( the owner of this Board) is my cousin. And I am well protected by my allies on this Forum.

:rotfl :rotfl:goodpost:

Back