Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pictures of how the paint application looks. Try to tell me if I should sed it back.

How do I post pics? Having trouble

You can add them as attachments through the forum itself, through tapatalk if you use that, or just host them on Flickr or something similar then use the URL between the IMG tags.

My brother already asked me to send the statue to him for this (he's the designer in the family, I'm just a lowly biochemist LOL). He said since I need to add LED's to the cabinets, may as well tie them in and add them to Sinestro. Also may alter GL so he works off the same system, not batteries.

I mean, if he can light this up all over, I'm guessing Sinestro will be easy...

8705070176_f1cf469d95_b.jpg

Peter??? Dang, probably should have put two and two together with the screen name and being from SD. Hmm, had no idea you were a statue guy. Good to see you hear man, hope your well.

I opened mine up a few hours ago and I am very pleased with it. He has so much presence, even without a construct.

Peter??? Dang, probably should have put two and two together with the screen name and being from SD. Hmm, had no idea you were a statue guy. Good to see you hear man, hope your well.

Hey how's it going? Long time! I take it you are out of the aquarium scene?

well, I was expecting the worst when I received this:

But I am happy to report he is in perfect shape - even the base. The funny thing is that the art box and shipper are also pristine, so this must have happened before they packed him up.

Glad it survived. Looks like the box was smashed in transit and the foam did it's job to crumple to protect the statue. Is the cardboard of the double wall shipper flattened anywhere? From the looks of it something heavy crushed the whole thing.

that's the funny thing, the art box and brown shipper are in perfect shape - way better than a lot of my recent offerings from SS.

anyhow, it's been a good week : )

Attachments

• IMG_0468 Medium_zpsjcak9tq3.jpg
    IMG_0468 Medium_zpsjcak9tq3.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 185
that's the funny thing, the art box and brown shipper are in perfect shape - way better than a lot of my recent offerings from SS.

anyhow, it's been a good week : )
So the internal cardboard structure is unaffected? That would have went first and may not look damaged from the outside, but is flattened.

Welp, received #66 today and the statue itself is fantastic, however, the exclusive construct is damaged :(

Looking at the construct itself, I'm not entirely surprised as it's light plastic that looks like it could break very easily.

He does look good in my Green Lantern collection though.

Also, the base is a little wobbly, as others have mentioned. His left foot kinda fits into the base (but his foot does not go all the way into the footprint) and his right foot just kinda sets there. Is this how it should be? Or do I not have it in properly?

My power battery is also loose as well. Still really happy with the statue.

Welp, received #66 today and the statue itself is fantastic, however, the exclusive construct is damaged :(

Looking at the construct itself, I'm not entirely surprised as it's light plastic that looks like it could break very easily.

He does look good in my Green Lantern collection though.

Also, the base is a little wobbly, as others have mentioned. His left foot kinda fits into the base (but his foot does not go all the way into the footprint) and his right foot just kinda sets there. Is this how it should be? Or do I not have it in properly?

My power battery is also loose as well. Still really happy with the statue.

too bad about the Construct..they are delicate.Hope you can get a replacement.

the pin and square foot peg should fit into the footprint..although it's not a tight fit.Which is pretty much my only concern with this piece.

the Lantern itself should not be loose.But the Lantern carry ring is loose.At least on mine.

your Lantern set up is Boss.

Thanks marvin!

I kinda sorta got the lantern positioned better, but it isn't really set too well. It's fine, I guess, as long as I don't move it.

Right Foot:
1621e0k.jpg

dyr6va.jpg

Left foot:
1zlq0bp.jpg

.. it isn't all the way down but that's as good as I'm getting it without damaging it I'm thinking.

_ION that upper foot looks to be just touching the edge.
Because the Figure does not sit tight in the Base I was able to give him a very slight turn which placed that upper foot in a little better position.
If it's way wobbly and feels unsafe I would mention/with pics when you send in your request for replacement Construct.Hopefully they can help you out.
my photo's are on pg246 and you can see that upper foot is only slightly better placed than yours.It's resting a little more on the surface.Awesome figure.

Thanks marvin!

I kinda sorta got the lantern positioned better, but it isn't really set too well. It's fine, I guess, as long as I don't move it.

Right Foot:
1621e0k.jpg

dyr6va.jpg

Left foot:
1zlq0bp.jpg

.. it isn't all the way down but that's as good as I'm getting it without damaging it I'm thinking.

Here's my foot position for reference.IMAG0434.jpg
IMAG0435.jpgIMAG0435.jpg

Back