Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-ordered Sinestro EX on the first day, waited forever.....then he shows up with a base broken in two places and chips of paint missing from the body.

I wait a week to hear back from Sideshow and get told there are no replacement bases. I can return it or glue the base and take a $55 credit. No comment on the paint chips on the body.

No replacement bases, but he's still for sale on the website.

Very, very disappointed.

not surprised. mine was broken as well so I can only guess that a good portion of people had the same problem.

What's frustrating is reading about people who ordered replacement bases because they "think" there might be a crack in their base.

Here's what I got.

The whole base rattles and wobbles because of the clean breaks. It even looks like someone tried to glue one of the breaks and it didn't work as you can see some residue.

Here's the man himself.

Wow that sucks seeing alot of broken bases. Lucky my base seems flawless so far other then his foot being slightly misaligned with the base.

Good luck guys

Mine was a clean break. They're sending me a new part at least (the exclusive construct) and for them to not charge me, get this, I have to take pictures of me smashing the old broken piece and sending pictures to Sideshow with proof that it's been destroyed.

To me, that sounds weird, but it makes sense that they don't want me to reselling it and making money off of them. It sounds odd, but it's going to be so hard for me to break it when it can probably be somehow repaired. It's like smashing a piece of art lol

I know this also sounds crazy but I'm not going to look at the base really in depth because I'm afraid to see cracks and stuff lol .. it looks good from what I've seen though :)

I know this also sounds crazy but I'm not going to look at the base really in depth because I'm afraid to see cracks and stuff lol .. it looks good from what I've seen though :)

Not crazy at all.... that base is put together with all sorts of pieces and parts.

Mine was a clean break. They're sending me a new part at least (the exclusive construct) and for them to not charge me, get this, I have to take pictures of me smashing the old broken piece and sending pictures to Sideshow with proof that it's been destroyed.

To me, that sounds weird, but it makes sense that they don't want me to reselling it and making money off of them. It sounds odd, but it's going to be so hard for me to break it when it can probably be somehow repaired. It's like smashing a piece of art lol

Not weird at all. It's been Sideshows policy for years. They just dont want you making money off of the replacement. Hence why if you dont take pictures, they charge you for the replacement. I've had to destroy two pieces for replacements and they were the actual characters, not the base.

Not weird at all. It's been Sideshows policy for years. They just dont want you making money off of the replacement. Hence why if you dont take pictures, they charge you for the replacement. I've had to destroy two pieces for replacements and they were the actual characters, not the base.

Agreed... I had to smash my Legend Darkness bust horns and send a pic. That was years ago....

Back