Premium Format Sinestro Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol their Lantern costumes funny guy, not what they wore when selling used cars

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

This is cloth

Guy_Gardner_004.jpg

Was it created by his ring? If so, then its not cloth. It just looks like it. However I could see that in mixed media, because its meant to Look like real cloth

Either way in the comucs the ring constructed suits, particularly the black areas obscure muscle definition much like cloth, hell even more so. Sculpting out all the mucsle definition just looses that feel and I think using a black material over those areas would get it back.

I'd prefer my lanterns fully sculpted as well with the exception of Guy. If they did him in his GL costume then I'd prefer his jacket come in fabric although I'd buy sculpted. Now if they did him in his red lantern costume, I'd want it fully sculpted. The only other main lanterns I could see them incorporating mixed media into would be Indigo-1 and Black Hand. The rest would benefit better from fully sculpted I think.

There are other lanterns that have my fabric like costumes but the chances they'd ever get made are slim to nil.

Either way in the comucs the ring constructed suits, particularly the black areas obscure muscle definition much like cloth, hell even more so. Sculpting out all the mucsle definition just looses that feel and I think using a black material over those areas would get it back.
Don't think its supposed to be cloth man, its still created by the ring. Even if it's meant to imitate clothing, its still a construct. BTW the GL PF was fully sculpted and came out looking amazing.

So you're saying every statue with a cloth element thats sold out is some kind of fluke?

Oh come on man. Don't be ridiculous. Some of you guys jump to laughable conclusions.

Not at all. On some statues it is fine (Joker, Gandalf, Morgul Lord). On superheroes, where the clothing is supposed to be form fitting, it never looks as good. Sure Superman and Batman look nice, but they could be even better. Anyhow on GL it makes no sense. I am glad SSC went the route they did.

It's from Sideshow..of course it is :rolleyes2

What is that supposed to mean? I don't bash sideshow constantly so I don't know what you are pulling out of your ass here. I am even happy that SSC went fully sculpted on Sinestro. So what is your deal here? Seriously, are you a paid rep here of some sorts?

Last edited:
Oh come on man. Don't be ridiculous. Some of you guys jump to laughable conclusions.

Not at all. On some statues it is fine (Joker, Gandalf, Morgul Lord). On superheroes, where the clothing is supposed to be form fitting, it never looks as good. Sure Superman and Batman look nice, but they could be even better. Anyhow on GL it makes no sense. I am glad SSC went the route they did.

What is that supposed to mean? I don't bash sideshow constantly so I don't know what you are pulling out of your ass here. I am even happy that SSC went fully sculpted on Sinestro. So what is your deal here? Seriously, are you a paid rep here of some sorts?
You worded it that way not me. Fully sculpted or mixed media, it doesn't matter as long as the statue is visually appealing. As for Superman and Batman, I've seen tons of fully sculpted takes and most of them don't touch the Mixed media take Sideshow did. And form fitting doesn't mean "as if painted on the skin."

You worded it that way not me. Fully sculpted or mixed media, it doesn't matter as long as the statue is visually appealing. As for Superman and Batman, I've seen tons of fully sculpted takes and most of them don't touch the Mixed media take Sideshow did. And form fitting doesn't mean "as if painted on the skin."

You misunderstood, exaggerated what I said and decided to get offended. I certainly do not need to justify myself to you.

Sideshow emailed me a month ago saying my Waitlist was cancelled due to no remaining inventory. My Waitlist converted Friday. Same thing happen with the Captain America PF. Got both 'Cancel' notices the same day (11/6) and both converts the same day (12/5).

Sideshow emailed me a month ago saying my Waitlist was cancelled due to no remaining inventory. My Waitlist converted Friday. Same thing happen with the Captain America PF. Got both 'Cancel' notices the same day (11/6) and both converts the same day (12/5).

When did you get on the list? I'm trying to see if I'm coming close lol

Back