SilentSurfer's Laboratory: Come up to the Lab & See What's on the Slab.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just my opinion, but I think the red marks on his head were a little overdone. And what's up with the white marks beneath his nose?

Thanks for pointing out the whiteness under the nose. It dose look a bit too white. I'll touch that up.

Here's a reference for the red spots.

JBBB.jpg

:lol Nathan, I'm going to try an articulate this question as clearly as possible so I hope I don't lose you because Im trying to find the best way to describe this:

Ok, For sculpts that have been sculpted as one peice (hair and face/where hairline ends and skin begins) when airbrushing the paint can overlap on to a part of the sculpt that's a totally different color (example painting hair but getting some of the paint lightly blotched on the skin. Is there a way to remove some of those small paint blotches? Will dabbing scotch tape on the surface help to pull up some of the excess without pulling up the entire painted surface (skin)?

Best tip is to seal your paint before airbrushing a different color near it. If you didn't mask off the finished or other area, just make sure to use a wet brush to quickly wipe off overspray before it sets. If it sets, you can sometimes get away with using a paint thinner to lightly wash away the new paint, but you risk removing the old paint as well.

Something special I'm working on (or rather continuing work on) for Famcon. Full reveal at the show.

NewAxeWoundedHandampMaskWIP.jpg

Mask in progress.

Last edited:
Thanks. Did you also notice that I corrected the shape of the axe to make it look like an actual (screen accurate) axe, as opposed to this?

Awesome, extra excited to see this guy revealed at the show, always liked this piece but can't image how epic its going to be with your paint apps!!!:panic:

Well, I painted the original prototypes for this piece, but I think I've become even more familiar with the finer details of Jason since. And this will be my fully realized "Bloody Nightmare" incarnation.

Last edited:
Incredible work on the last few paint ups, Nathan. Really liking Mike, especially. I wish I was able to make it to FAMCON, I would love to see you in action. Hopefully next year!

"There's a legend around here. A killer buried, but NOT dead. A curse on Crystal Lake, a death curse. Jason Voorhees' curse. They say he died as a boy, but he keeps coming back. Few have seen him and lived. Some have even tried to stop him. NO ONE can." -Narrator (F13VII)

ShowerMask02.jpg

ShowerMask01.jpg

ShowerMask03.jpg

Back